Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Run-in and could we go down Still ?

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wigan on 40 points, maximum they can reach from four games 52
They play:- Brighton (A) Lose
Cardiff (H) Win
Reading (A) Lose
Leeds (H) Lose
Forecast points total 40+3 = 43 Relegated, no threat to us.

Blackburn on 43 points, maximum they can reach from 4 games is 55 points
They play :- Bristol City (H) Win
WOLVES (A) Win (sods law)#
VILLA (H) Draw
Brentford (A) Defeat
Forecast points total 43+7 = 50 (#Key game for us , win it and we are safe, that's it , ONE game to win out of 5 attempts, why am I not confident ?)

Burton on 45 points, maximum they can reach from four games is 57 points.
They play :- Blues (A) Win
LEEDS (H) Lose
Barnsley (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
Forecast points total 45 plus 7= 52, I think they will beat Blues and Reading as they will be resting players for the play-offs !

Forest on 45 points, maximum they can get from four games left is 57 points
They play:- Cardiff (A) Lose
Reading (H) Lose
QPR (A) Draw
Ipswich (H) Win
Forecast points 45 plus 4 = 49 , I fear for Forest it could be very close for them.

Birmingham on 47 Points, maximum they points they can get is 59.
They Play :- Burton (H) The Rotherham game was there get out of jail game it's now this one, lose and they could well be down ! Lose
VILLA (A) Lose
Huddersfield (H) Draw
Bristol City (A) Draw
Forecast points 47 + 1 = 48

Bristol City on 47 points, maximum they can get is 59 points.
They play:- Blackburn (A) Lose
Barnsley (H) Win
Brighton (A) Lose
Blues (H) draw
47 + 2 points = 49

QPR ON 50 Points, maximum they can get is 62 points.
They Play Sheff Wednesday (H) Lose
Brentford (A) Lose
Forest (H) Draw
Norwich (A) Lose
Forecast 50 + 1 = 51 points. They are in poor form, but should just scrape up.

WOLVES on 51 points, maximum total possible is 62.
We may not need another point, with other clubs playing each other and assuming at least one club blows up as well as Wigan (Hopefully Blues) we should be ok.
To Play :- Leeds (A) Lose (I'm going and hoping to win , but !)
Blackburn (H) Lose We are Wolves, it's the type of game we lose ! However this is the ONE game we need to win to Guarantee survival easy eh ?
Huddersfield (H) Draw
Derby (A) Lose
Preston (H) Win
Forecast 51 + 4 = 55 Points.

Imo the % chance of us going down is about 5%, so fingers crossed !

D

Deleted member 4099

We won't go down mate. It might come close but there really would have to be a perfect storm of results.

Reaction score
Yeah even if we have a terrible run in and finish below a few of them, I don't think the whole lot (apart from Wigan) will overhaul us

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Rather be mathematically safe - if any team could be taken over by billionaires, spend over 20m and yet still be relegated it's us :(

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though it's very unlikely it annoys me that we ****ed around at Bristol last week. Deeply thankful we banked the points before because our run in is not easy! Derby Leeds Huddersfield are tough games, Blackburn won't be a gimme either and Preston are a tough nut to crack.

worc_wolf

Reaction score
If the bookies are anything to go by we're not even listed no more qpr at 250/1 nothing after that 1 point will be enough I think

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The others will ensure we stop up irrespective of what we contrive to **** up

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather be mathematically safe - if any team could be taken over by billionaires, spend over 20m and yet still be relegated it's us :(

Yeh, it's quite depressing really but survive we will.

Shi backs PL to be the man to lead us into the PL so let's see what happens next season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldnt go down, but we are Wolves. We are experts at stuffing things up.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Blackburn win 3 of their last 4 (including against us), and we lose all 5 of our games, we deserve to go down. But it's not happening.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under Lambert we are capable of losing every single game left and I am sure we will lose today. But one stumbling win should be enough to ensure survival. Inspiring stuff eh Wolves.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lose every game 6 0 we won't go down , don't panic Captain Mannering

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see Bristol getting a win at Blackburn and us scrapping a draw at Leeds - that would be enough

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many who should be playing for their Wolves careers after yet another **** season, Jonzy. If they would rather be on the beach then they can stay there in August!

We wouldn't miss most of them, let's be honest!

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see Bristol getting a win at Blackburn and us scrapping a draw at Leeds - that would be enough

More likely that Blackburn will beat Bristol and we'll lose at Leeds IMO. But let's see what happens

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO it wont matter what we do as the ones below wont gain enough points to catch us - for example Bristol City are probably thinking if they win today they will be safe on 50 points,
5pm will show though once we know the results of Blues v Burton and Blackburn v Bristol City - They cant all win :)

M

merseawolf

The positivity on here is amazing. No wonder the atmosphere at home games is rubbish and nervy. There is every chance we'll probably win one or two of our last games. If we lose our last 7 to get relegated we well and truley deserve it. Just makes me giggle how there are so many on here that are so negative. We all know how bad we are as a squad of players at the moment but there is very little chance that we'll go down. Come on guys lets be a bit more positive.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus I despair at some, we ain't going down, we need to blood youngsters for next season that's all I want

D

Deleted member 4594

We could lose all 5 (we won't) and we won't go down. To be honest, a few lacklustre performances between now and the end of the season will be a good thing long term. It'll just confirm to Lambert and FOSUN that the squad needs rebuilding.
I actually dread the likes of Evans, Saville, Batth, Doc and Price pulling there finger out for a few weeks and playing well. Last thing we need is them giving the impression that they are good enough for next season.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under Lambert we are capable of losing every single game left and I am sure we will lose today. But one stumbling win should be enough to ensure survival. Inspiring stuff eh Wolves.
Thing is,.. who`s the win gonna be from?. They`re all tough games remaining.

W

Wichenford Wolf

Although PL has (quite rightly) blooded some youngsters this season, he consistently notes that the successful teams have lots of experienced Championship players. In the summer he will be looking for some of that type to sign so that we go forward with a combination of young flair led by experienced campaigners.

And no, we won't go down this year (but I expect play-offs - at best - next season). It's a ten-year plan!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMHO we are safe from relegation in everyway but mathematically.
I believe just one draw would render us 100% safe. :):)

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are mathematically safe,Blackburn have got 44 and we've got 54,even 3 wins for them would only take them to 53,we're safe!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wigan and Blackburn cannot catch us? Even Forest are all bar mathematically unable to leapfrog us (unless they get three good wins).

W

WanderingWolf

We are mathematically safe now. Blackburn 10points behind us they can only get 9 points. Thus they and wigan and of course rotherham are guaranteed to finish below us.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phew, didn't see that coming, but well deserved ! Will it be the ultimate take one for the team next Saturday v Blackburn ?

S

ShropshireLad

I want to see us play properly on Saturday...none of this dreaming about holidays stuff. Blackburn will be up for it because they have to be. I'll be truly ****ed off if we don't compete.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK guys. I accept we are now 100% safe and can't be relegated even mathematically.
To be fair I have believed this to be true ever since we managed our 5 wins on the bounce but still it has to be a great big HOORAY!!!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Back
Top Bottom