Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 'positives/clutching at straws from today' thread

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Ok. The last few weeks have been an awful time to be a Wolves fan and I'm feeling as depressed about our situation as anyone. However, I'm naturally a 'half-glass' full kind of person and need some positives from today to cling onto over the next few games. So here goes...

1. Matt Jarvis. Gave absolutely everything today. Along with his pace and directness, he has shown real character and leadership qualities over the last few weeks. Also one of the only players to acknowledge the fans after recent defeats. Has gone up even higher in my estimation.

2. The spirit in the side stayed strong despite the circumstances and we kept battling until the end. Gives me a bit more comfort that there is still a bit of fight left in the team.

3. Today was a game that realistically we weren't going to get anything from, whilst Wigan should have taken 3 points yesterday.

4. Despite our woeful form, we are by some miracle, only one point from safety and have a better run-in than some of the other relegation candidates.

5. Bizarrely, despite conceding 5 goals, I thought that Bassong had a half-decent game.

6. Kightly looked relatively sharp when he came on. May give us another option in our remaining games.

7. Karl Henry (and possibly Milijas) will be back next week to further bolster our midfield options.

8. David Davis again acquitted himself far better than I thought he would.

9. The fans were absolutely magnificent in the second half and stayed with the team right until the end.

10. The result may even prompt Morgan to bring in a new manager before the Norwich game. May give us that much needed impetus to get our season back on track.

I know it looks massively bleak at the moment but we are still in with (an admittedly slim) chance of getting out of it. It's the hope that kills you eh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The positive- united didn't break sweat after 5 and refrained from dishing out further embarrassment.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I knew I was right to like Fergie.

Does anyone have any other positives? I'll take anything...

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The scene is now set for RJ’s return and he cannot be worse than the recent CHs!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The positive is that I won't have to watch us lose every single week next season!

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were a League 1 or 2 side battling against relegation and United had just thumped us 5-0 at home then I think there could be something in the performance to cling to for the rest of the season.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

We were better in parts but utd did go easy. Shoot ourselves in the foot with the rash sending off when we were doing ok. Oh well.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Fair enough SB.

Maybe it's just me who thinks this but I thought we were doing ok until Zubar's sending off. Woeful defending from a corner for the first but I thought Foley and Davis were competing well in midfield and we created a couple of half chances.

After the sending off though, it was an absolute hammering.

C

chasman62

All credit for trying TW. Wish I could see any positives at all but I cant, except we are one game closer to this misery ending.

Ok. The last few weeks have been an awful time to be a Wolves fan and I'm feeling as depressed about our situation as anyone. However, I'm naturally a 'half-glass' full kind of person and need some positives from today to cling onto over the next few games. So here goes...

1. Matt Jarvis. Gave absolutely everything today. Along with his pace and directness, he has shown real character and leadership qualities over the last few weeks. Also one of the only players to acknowledge the fans after recent defeats. Has gone up even higher in my estimation.

True but he is our only creative outlet, there is literally nothing else. Pitiful.

2. The spirit in the side stayed strong despite the circumstances and we kept battling until the end. Gives me a bit more comfort that there is still a bit of fight left in the team.

Cant agree. First 15 minutes of second half were a total shambles. United stopped trying. How many fouls did we commit? Referee had nothing to do in the second half...felt like a training game.

3. Today was a game that realistically we weren't going to get anything from, whilst Wigan should have taken 3 points yesterday.

Wigan! Who cares about them they are going down with us with another team joining us. We are now bottom with the worst goal difference of the bottom five having shipped 12 goals in the last 3 games with no reply. It really doesnt get any worse than this.

4. Despite our woeful form, we are by some miracle, only one point from safety and have a better run-in than some of the other relegation candidates.

Two points because of our crappy GD. Havent scored a single goal since Newcastle and never looked like scoring last week or this. Cant see where the next point is coming from.

5. Bizarrely, despite conceding 5 goals, I thought that Bassong had a half-decent game.

Whole defence was an utter shambles TBH. He was probably the best of a bad lot but given that one of them got sent off, one was skinned every single time, and the other played like a pub player its not saying much is it.

6. Kightly looked relatively sharp when he came on. May give us another option in our remaining games.

Never threatened really though did he. Still looks overweight to me and a yard of pace has gone. Contrast him with Uniteds right winger......

7. Karl Henry (and possibly Milijas) will be back next week to further bolster our midfield options.

Nuff said really. Is that what it has come to. I suppose so. How could anyone think Jonnson was better than Guediora. Man is an effing milqutoast. Nice parting gift from McCarthy

True but he was apparently only fit to be loaned out until the last couple of weeks. Why on earth was money wasted on Jonnson when we had this guy and Gued?

9. The fans were absolutely magnificent in the second half and stayed with the team right until the end.

True. Wont be like that when we go a couple down to Notlob though.

10. The result may even prompt Morgan to bring in a new manager before the Norwich game. May give us that much needed impetus to get our season back on track.

Who in their right mind would come now? Nope its tenth choice Terry until the end. I actually do feel bad for him, he never wanted this I am sure and knows in his heart he is not up to it. Some of the players dont give a crap about this now because they know he is not going to determine their fate.

I know it looks massively bleak at the moment but we are still in with (an admittedly slim) chance of getting out of it. It's the hope that kills you eh.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Cheers Chasman - I can't really argue with any of those points. Just wanted to cling to a little hope. If we don't win either of our next two games, even I'll agree that we're gone.

W

wolvesman

Fair enough SB.

Maybe it's just me who thinks this but I thought we were doing ok until Zubar's sending off. Woeful defending from a corner for the first but I thought Foley and Davis were competing well in midfield and we created a couple of half chances.

After the sending off though, it was an absolute hammering.

Just put my mind at rest ...it was definitely a corner not a throw in (which it looked like to me) wasn't it ? the ref wasn't sure.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I thought it was a throw too but couldn't tell for sure. Either way, our defending at set pieces was woeful.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only positive for me is that Connor is making such a hash of the job even Moxey and Morgan could not possibly justify him staying at the club next season.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11 men we were struggling, but looked like we would get to half time just 1-0 down. Once Zubar saw red then that was it. Can't fault the effort of the ten in the second half.

Main positive is that looking at the table we are still in the thick of a battle. But recent performances don't give me much hope of survival.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I knew I was right to like Fergie.

Does anyone have any other positives? I'll take anything...

You did say anything.:D

Caretaker boss Terry Connor believes he is still the right man to spearhead Wolves' survival fight, despite a 5-0 home mauling by Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester United.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Anything but that Berlin! But thankyou for trying :)

G

Gamblingwolf

The big positive for me is that the complete and utter shambles all at the club have made this season culminating in now having a team that not only loses virtually every game but more importantly doesn't even compete anymore and with no sign of any leadership anywhere within the club has really made me have a good think. I have blindly followed through thick and thin for many years regardless of cost and have even managed to see off 2 wives, in part due to my love and following of WWFC, but at this moment seem to have lost all heart. One thing that really struck me was when deciding not to renew my early bird I realised that although for me, and I'm sure most others, paying for this has an impact on my finances yet my money wouldn't even get anywhere near paying 1 days wages per year of an average PL player. This makes me think it's not so much WWFC that I am falling out of love with,though I am pretty $$$$ed off with them,but it's more a case of football in general and particularly the greed league. If this is the case maybe dropping back into the Championship will in a strange way rekindle my enthusiasm-I certainly hope so!

D

Deleted member 3545

The only positives i can see is that i live to far to waste my money watching them ;-)

another i guess it cant get any worse can it???

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Anything but that Berlin! But thankyou for trying :)

I forgot to mention my most positive moment from yesterday.

When Stearman showed some adventure and went on his 'Beckenbauer' run...

I kept waiting for him to fall over himself, but he went on and on and on.

D

Deleted member 4023

1. Matt Jarvis. Gave absolutely everything today. Along with his pace and directness, he has shown real character and leadership qualities over the last few weeks. Also one of the only players to acknowledge the fans after recent defeats. Has gone up even higher in my estimation. Teams have realised that he is our main strike weapon & are double marking him.

2. The spirit in the side stayed strong despite the circumstances and we kept battling until the end. Gives me a bit more comfort that there is still a bit of fight left in the team. Not from where I was sat (especially with the space that we gifted them in our penalty box again)

3. Today was a game that realistically we weren't going to get anything from, whilst Wigan should have taken 3 points yesterday. Wigan would've settled for a point against west brom - something we couldn't even do (scored 1 conceded 7)
4. Despite our woeful form, we are by some miracle, only one point from safety and have a better run-in than some of the other relegation candidates. Do you honestly think we'll win a couple of those games?

6. Kightly looked relatively sharp when he came on. May give us another option in our remaining games.Not consistent enough

7. Karl Henry (and possibly Milijas) will be back next week to further bolster our midfield options. We'll see

Out with broken rib now
9. The fans were absolutely magnificent in the second half and stayed with the team right until the end. Just having a laugh - not really supporting the team - In any, case the fans aren't the problem, its our chairman & CEO

10. The result may even prompt Morgan to bring in a new manager before the Norwich game. May give us that much needed impetus to get our season back on track. I wouldn't hold my breath from having 15 games to save our season, he's now had 2 go's & ballsed them both up

Mancs on the m-way services saying we were the worst team that they've faced in all competitions all season.

But hey ho, even Harry Potter beat Voldemort against all the odds. Good job we've got Merlin the......

F

FLEET WOLF

1-the cynic in me knows that he will be leaving and he wants to put on a show for potential buyers (but may also help to up the price we get)

3 Wigan battered Albion and we were very fortunate they didn't get the win they deserved.

5 Not sure about Bassong personally

6 Agree

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One positive is that we'll probably lose fewer games than we win next season.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one more reason, Fergie wants us to stay:

The Scot also backed Wolves in their fight for survival and feels the Premier League would not be the same without the Midlands side.
He added: "Credit to Wolves. They are an honest team and that gives them a chance.
"They are down at the bottom in a group of five teams. If they can pick up a couple of wins it could all change round for them. They have great support and they are a great football club.
"You just hope that the history they have got, they stay in the league. The Premier Division needs Wolves."

E

Englishwolfinwales

When Stearman showed some adventure and went on his 'Beckenbauer' run...

I kept waiting for him to fall over himself, but he went on and on and on.[/QUOTE]

Thought the same thing, as most of the crowd probably did

Doug

Groupie
Reaction score
Positives:

1. We won't drop down any more places in the League now

2. We are fast developing a sense of humour.

Back
Top Bottom