Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The phrases that pundits and commentators can't live without now

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Low block
Between the lines
Played fusbal for England
“wayne rooney’s” or “ frank lampard’s” insert team name
and the worst one I never want to hear again

Wolves have been hard done by VAR this season.

justfriggin

Reaction score
took one for the team deft touch sublime exquisite marauding plucky striker VAR avoids all the confusion

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tv companies all apologise for crowd swearing,but never apologise for the constant foul language that litters modern day tv dramas. Double standards, to suit themselves.
This as well. It's a football match

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Raised his hand

Why don't the commentators just say that the player smacked / hit / punched / chinned the other guy rather than trying to make it sound like a tiff between a couple of victorian gentlemen

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'the group' and their 'good structures'

Even worse that commentators have started using these terms when talking about us during games. I can't tell whether they're repeating unwittingly, trying to sound smart or just taking the ****

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
My pet hate is where players are said to "bring the ball under their spell" instead of trapping the ruddy thing.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure that’s new. It’s what David Ellery sent Duncan Ferguson off for in 1998. His report actually stated “use of industrial language”

In fairness, if you were going to assign the term "industrial language" to anyone it would be Duncan Ferguson. A man whose birth likely resembled blocks of broken concrete tumbling down a funneled chute on a building site.

Back
Top Bottom