Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Molineux roar

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
As I've said before I haven't felt like that since nuno - once I got back in the car and the adrenaline had gone I was so knackered but that roar was unbelievably loud if you were there would you agree is Molineux getting its mojo back. AND that's the extra bit the players need and can feed off? The players/management are starting to realise you put a shift in you will get totally unconditional support and yesterday wouldn't be an unusual experience. Let's make Molineux hostile and unwelcoming to the opposition.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Give us a team to back and we are the best ground in the league, it’s getting there. Just wish we could put the lower teams away like we do the big boys
Absolutely agree - an old adage always trotted out by opposition managers to their players was keep Molineux quiet - when Molineux is "bouncing" and it's on song they can't think of a worse place to be

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
When watching from TV, the mayhem in the South Bank was unreal, when GON run towards the Gene Kelly stand after the second goal went in.
Some people where literally floating around in vertical position...
That was probably me I'm in the South Bank and weigh 14 stones and my son was throwing me around like a rag doll - being in my 60s you'd have thought I would be worried but this is what wolves can do to you I was as bonkers as my son - Seriously though thank goodness for the safe standing in the South Bank there were no people tumbling down rows - please make this legal in all grounds - it actually works without spoiling enjoyment of standing up

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting how Spurs turned us around yesterday at the start (not the first team to do that this season). Obviously didn't want to be defending the Southbank in the second half.
Makes you wonder what visiting teams perception is of the SB.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting how Spurs turned us around yesterday at the start (not the first team to do that this season). Obviously didn't want to be defending the Southbank in the second half.
Makes you wonder what visiting teams perception is of the SB.
Don't think that had anything to do with us kicking towards the South Bank second half. It was all to do with our defenders looking in to the sun in the first half.

But they all know the reputation of the South Bank

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Reminds me of the "Cuckoo Lane" End at Oxford United.
It ****ed down all game and a rendition of "Singing in the Rain" played out on the visitors open terrace.
Can't remember if we won or not.....
You've done well to wipe the score from your memory, I think we lost 4-0 and it took about a week to dry out. Thank God for a packed terrace though, imagine sitting!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think that had anything to do with us kicking towards the South Bank second half. It was all to do with our defenders looking in to the sun in the first half.
Maybe so, but I seem to recall that their defenders equally struggled with that in the second half and made that comment to someone next to me at the time.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Maybe so, but I seem to recall that their defenders equally struggled with that in the second half and made that comment to someone next to me at the time.
I think Spurs were hoping for rain second half - I remember my old PE teacher saying if you win the toss if it's sunny make their defenders look in to the sun - weather may change if the pitch is sloping kick down hill hopefully it will wear them out - but I agree some teams wouldn't want us kicking to the South Bank second half

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in the 2nd half I was disappointed more didn't get behind them before they made the breakthrough, I certainly did though I felt like I was one of the few in the SB upper doing so. Total noise in injury time though of course. I think the stewards have been OTP telling people to sit down in recent home matches though I understand the club is a difficult position.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone in the North Bank left on 90 minutes and came running back with the roars

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some were saying we would be cut adrift at the bottom, when the seen our first 6/7 home games ...
Looking at the fixtures and given the state we were in post JLo, I thought we’d be on 5 or 6 points after a dozen games!!

I was hoping thereafter that as the fixtures improve we’d be going up the table. I was pleading with fans to take that into account and to stick with GON until the fixtures eased !!!

Well it’s a credit to him, and the team, that we’re way ahead of my prediction. Listening to his post match interview yesterday however, it seems like he was sharing my concerns at the outset

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures and given the state we were in post JLo, I thought we’d be on 5 or 6 points after a dozen games!!

I was hoping thereafter that as the fixtures improve we’d be going up the table. I was pleading with fans to take that into account and to stick with GON until the fixtures eased !!!

Well it’s a credit to him, and the team, that we’re way ahead of my prediction. Listening to his post match interview yesterday however, it seems like he was sharing my concerns at the outset
i agree.......i was saying the same, thought we would struggle at the start even if lopetegui had stayed....although i didnt think we would be cut adrift as i thought most people were over egging the promoted teams.....For instance some were saying Burnley would stop up with ease, without realizing that because of loan players they didnt have the same team that got promoted..

Last edited:

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I was watching the Dazzling Dave vlogs. A dad and young son sitting in front of him and to the left not joining in with the celebrations and looking quite glum. Spuds?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets not get too carried away about "easy teams" at home !!
I like the way we play against the top teams.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well it’s a credit to him, and the team, that we’re way ahead of my prediction. Listening to his post match interview yesterday however, it seems like he was sharing my concerns at the outoo carried away about "easy teams" at home !!
I like the way we play against the top teams.
The "easier" fixtures often turn out to be not quite as easy as they appear. If Man City, Villa, Newcastle and Spurs had placed us in that category they would have been sent away disappointed. And our games against struggling Luton and Sheffield Utd turned out to be anything but easy! Teams below us in the table will all have done their research on our strengths and weaknesses and will set up accordingly to frustrate us and maximise their own prospects. There's no reason to believe we won't achieve a decent points return from the forthcoming fixtures but complancy is our enemy, there are no easy games in the PL and every game comes with its own challenges.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were loud after the goals but I thought the atmosphere was generally flat for the most part, as it often is for early kick offs.

I’d say Spurs swapped us round due to the sun. Sa had it in his eyes all first half but their keeper was in the shade for the 2nd half.
Correct on all points

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Old school when that 2nd went in.
We all know it can be deafening but that's the first time a lot of that squad will have heard what the place can be like, not to mention O'Neil

Back
Top Bottom