Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Mix - what's your excuse

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A number of us spend a fair bit of time on MM. Occasionally the present holder of the title Mrs TYSJ (a post coveted by many) will say "you're reading about the Wolves again, what's so important that you need to read about them at 11 p.m. (insert other times as you choose)". My weak retort of "they're just about to sign a player" is met with "and you reading about it is going to make a difference is it?" or if I repond with "just reading about the game last Saturday" this is met with "and will your reading about it change the result?"
Do you have similar issues and what is the best way to respond?

caradon wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my case my dear wife is very happy for me to spend time here. It does not (currently) have a beer buying facility that shows up on monthly card accounts under various names. In actual fact, I took delivery of an extremely fine case just one hour ago.

Now, where did I put my bottle opener.........

L

lostinbristol

I've been glued to it in its various forms since I left for uni in 2001, met my now wife two years later and I honestly can't think of one time I've been called out for my addiction.

I think her own vices of the world of social media must keep me off the hook to be honest! :D

S

ShropshireLad

A number of us spend a fair bit of time on MM. Occasionally the present holder of the title Mrs TYSJ (a post coveted by many) will say "you're reading about the Wolves again, what's so important that you need to read about them at 11 p.m. (insert other times as you choose)". My weak retort of "they're just about to sign a player" is met with "and you reading about it is going to make a difference is it?" or if I repond with "just reading about the game last Saturday" this is met with "and will your reading about it change the result?"
I think she might have other things on her mind at that time, matey.:cool:

E

Essex Wolf

Wife always know when I'm reading about Wolves as I'm so engrossed in all things Wolves she can have a conversation with me and I've not remembered a word of it.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I've known the Mix longer than I've been with her. She knew that when I married her "Foresaking all others, except the Mix.

She's normally okay about it unless we're at s Christening, Wedding or Funeral service. Then I get a glare.

I tell her as one of the founding members I have to contribute to keep it going as it might die a death and I couldn't have that on my conscience. Keeping it going for future generations.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wife always know when I'm reading about Wolves as I'm so engrossed in all things Wolves she can have a conversation with me and I've not remembered a word of it.
Couldn't have put it better myself EW, as it has exactly the same effect on me.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My wife will often test me in those instances "what did I just say?" "Something about one of your sisters" (a reasonable guess on my part), "Which one?" ... collapse of stout party.
Let's face it chaps, they are smarter than us on the verbal dexterity skill

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My missus is also interested in football, so I don't get such a hard time, and in any case I spend quite a lot of time on-line because of what I do. Soon we are going to move back to the Midlands (all being well), so I'll have less of an excuse as I'll become a STH again

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am away a lot so i get free rein on my MM fix :)

R

reanswolf

As usual I'm sat on the sofa with the others watching some **** on the TV.
If I also choose what's on telly they keep on saying "you ay watching what you chose" (cos I'm on the Mix).

So, over time, it becomes the status quo - she and the kids choose the crap they like on the TV, I go on my lap top. Except when Wolves are away - its Sky Sports all afternoon and evening. If we win, we go out and I get ****ed.

Same old pattern!

D

Deleted member 4023

I'm surrounded by bellends because I live near bolton.The wife & all the outlaws are bolton fans
They talk that much ****e I could bag it
My escape is the mix

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I say "at least I have interests!" Ha
Not sure you can class drinking wine as an interest

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
My excuse is "I'm new to the Mix, got lots of threads to catch up on. I'm only halfway through Talisca!"

And if my boyfriend has a go, all I'll say is "You support Villa. No point them having a forum, not enough of your fans have learnt to read and write!" Keeps him quiet. So does showing him the table ahaha!

O

OldWolvesfart

Best way to respond could be up yours up mine but up everybody's that takes time, does anyone actually read previous posts before they jump in. Every post means something to somebody usually the poster.

Back
Top Bottom