Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The kightly knock on effect for transfer requests

Realisticwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
A player that has been mainly crocked during his time at wolves buggers off to play premiership football with higher wages and yet players who have contributed throughout the last few years are stuck in the championship.

If you were Jarvis/Flecther and you saw an inferior player who has spent most afternoons on the treatment table playing in a higher division, did Moxey/Morgan honestly think this would have no adverse effect on the squad? Would it simply be a case of them thinking "Well you hardly kicked a ball during the last few years but now you will be earning more than me with more media exposure and it's one of those things." As soon as kightly went it was inevitable other players would be jealous and hand in transfer requests..if you were working at a company and a worker that was always off sick got promoted to a higher paying company you wouldn't accept it and it looks like neither will Jarvis/Fletcher.

Morgan/Moxey look upon wolves as a business but fail to take into account common sense and human emotion which in this instance makes this ensuing circus inevitable. People moan about him entering the final year of his contract but for the sake of a couple of million and disrupting the squad, to let him go to Stoke was a ridiculous decision and has been the primary reason why so many transfer requests have now come in just days after... it's not merely coincidence the squad was settled and now suddenly days later with so many transfer requests we are in turmoil.

If we are/were intent on keeping our best players then it applies to all, you cant simply let some go and expect the others to be happy about it...regardless of what an ungrateful idiot kightly is, to let him go so close to the season was a terrible decision and we are now seeing the knock on effect to the rest of the squad.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're reading too far into it.

It's been reported that Fletch & Jarvis have been angling for a move all summer. Jarvis didn't demand a transfer in light of the good-for-nothing Kightly buggering off, he had several weeks ago, whereas Fletch did so when we rejected Sunderland's second bid.

As for Dorus (if indeed he has) then it's perfectly understandable as he abandoned Swansea to sit on our bench and will presumably be looking for a bench upgrade.

The main reason all of these players want to leave is - quite simply - for the money.

Jarvis and Fletcher will now both be on circa ~£15k p/w, perhaps even less. Obviously those are huge wages by our standards but, considering they could earn three times that at West Ham/Sunderland (and, in Jarvis' case, potentially get back into the England fold).

However, I applaud our hard-ball stance: they were quite happy to sign the contracts that they did and we have absolutely no need to sell them unless somebody buys them out for unrealistic amounts of money.

[P.S. I still don't think we should have sold Kightly, but neither do I think that doing so is responsible for the influx of TR's]

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These players were always going to want to move if offered premiership football once we were relegated and higher wages comes with that territory. Let's move on.

W

WasStefan

..realisticwolf I may join you pant wetters, not looking good. #headsgone

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK I think Jarvis is a decent player but no more. If the club rate him somewhat better than I do, so much the better particularly if they can get the transfer fee they are seeking for him. Personally I've always felt that SW has enhanced Jarvis's game and indeed I should acknowledge that the relationship has worked both ways because Mattie has covered back effectively on occasions also. Where ever Mattie finishes up, he will probably do very well if he has an attacking full back to assist, other wise I think his contribution will be limited.

W

we8wba

apperently so we lead to believe (and i do believe)

jarvis and fletcher have made there wish to move early summer and not in the last week when it became public

so i doubt its a knock on effect, if anything its the other way round and kightly knew these guys were off and wanted to chance his arm at a move too

J

johnybig32

Ive been away, who actually has handed in transfer requests?

I thought it was only Fletcher?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally feel it only came about once real interest emerged that other clubs wanted them, their agent contacts them providing the details and ultimately the lure of money and the EPL becomes too much and a transfer request comes.

Back
Top Bottom