Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was assuming January might be busier than normal - presumably some players didn't want to move and be unsettled so close to a world cup this summer, so there may be some pent up demand.

That was just a general rule they found in the data

However this being a winter world cup as you say could mean a unique scenario it will be interesting to see how it plays out

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I mean he was brought for 120 mill. Would be mental. Let's hope we get a quality striker in soon

I'm think we have multiple options for a decent striker - I think it may be ramos but still ways to go on that.

But money is available clearly and we should be able a different type of striker in

Goal scorers are the hardest position to find so I'm willing got be patient but am concerned about sacrificing the first few games

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An education to some on here, but certainly not all of us

Plenty have said wait until Sept 1st to judge. Even the club said targets would likely not come available until late in the window
Last summer I said exactly that. Don’t judge until the end of the window. Given how badly that went with no Plan B I thought that with a widely reported limited budget it made sense to aim for more realistic targets and get them in early.

Something has changed dramatically behind the scenes and funds are clearly more freely available than they have been for years. Consequently I’ve got it wrong two summers running. Presumably if you’ve been patient this year you were last summer and got an education yourself then?!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a theory that we wanted to get ourselves in the same position as Sporting/Benfica/Porto, getting young Portuguese/South American players first then turning them from £5m players into £40m-£50m players, sell, and rinse and repeat. Buying the likes of Toti, Chiquinho, Mosquera instead of forking out for Dias, Fernandes, Felix once they've been polished up by the Portuguese giants.

We've found out that to do that and nudge ahead of them we have to have European football on a regular basis and obviously thought that after our first European campaign we'd be well placed.

Unfortunately injuries to Raul, Neto, Boly and Jonny plus Covid put the brakes on and now we're seeing a reassessment and a reboot after realising how difficult it's been to even attract and fund further starlets without having that upwardly mobile profile.

Good to see that a switched on international conglomerate like Fosun, has the nous to regularly review it's business strategy and respond to changes in market conditions and respond to the risks threatening the achievement of its strategic goals. ;)
Reckon you have hid the nail on the head hence plan b

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
rumour that Broja is available from Chelsea. 20 years old , big , strong and would be a great target man. Also fits the " will get better and be sold for profit" ideal. I would be all over that like a rash.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
rumour that Broja is availble from Chelsea. 20 years old , big , strong and would be a great target man. Also fits the " will get better and be sold for profit" ideal. I would be all over that like a rash.
100%.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if we were getting goncalo ramos, he would be after benfica get in the champions league.

From my understanding they are ok to let him go, once he gets them in.

So that would be last week in the window after 23rd August.

On neto - romano is saying after nunes we will asses his future. My only feeling would be giving him reassurances of game time. Hes a game changer.

Has to be get rid of Traore

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Why is it so unbelievable that we tried to sign players last summer, but couldn't ultimately persuade them to come?
No Mendes, he is key to persuading players to invest in the project, so to speak. Someone like Collins would understand but when its up to Jeff and Sellars to persuade overseas players alone after a downturn in performance it will be much more difficult.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-3-3

Either way its then neto, guedes, podence, mgw, hwang, traore, jimenez , (chiquinho, and new striker) for front 3

or 4-2-3-1

If its 2 in the middle, it would be nunes/neves, to allow for podence / mgw in the 3

Meaning moutinho as a sub rotation and dendocker as a fill in when needed.

My preference is the latter

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if we were getting goncalo ramos, he would be after benfica get in the champions league.

From my understanding they are ok to let him go, once he gets them in.

So that would be last week in the window after 23rd August.

On neto - romano is saying after nunes we will asses his future. My only feeling would be giving him reassurances of game time. Hes a game changer.

Has to be get rid of Traore
There shouldn't be much to assess!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
forest going after Aouar to mean means MGW chase is over.

Hopefully morgan after September can get head down and sign a new contract

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The thing I'm wondering is why Jeff says we'll struggle to spend only a few months ago and then boom, we've laid out 90m

Is he unaware that we were going to spend it or playing the game with potential selling clubs?

He talked about the ceiling. The current spending is within that.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we’re going crazy, can we please get Diogo back?

Still my favourite Wolves player from recent years - was gutted when he was sold - even though we now have an abundance of talent on the wings I’d have him back in a heartbeat - he can play centrally and scores goals.

Unlikely I know but if players like Jao Felix have been approached then anything is possible

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It is not possible to sign Jota back in any world, he is a far superior player to Felix at a richer club who are desperate for him to return from injury.

dennison11

Reaction score
Still my favourite Wolves player from recent years - was gutted when he was sold - even though we now have an abundance of talent on the wings I’d have him back in a heartbeat - he can play centrally and scores goals.

Unlikely I know but if players like Jao Felix have been approached then anything is possible
And this is ut now, if we did approach Felix, what other options are they looking at? Truly exciting

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potential Wolves XI
SA
Semedo Collins Kilman Ran
Nunes Moutinho Neves
Guedes Jimenez Neto

Potential Portugal players for world cup/nations leagues group games
SA
Semedo
Neves
Moutinho Nunes
Guedes Neto

Seven players, is that a club record if they all start?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is not possible to sign Jota back in any world, he is a far superior player to Felix at a richer club who are desperate for him to return from injury.
Ok but just hypothetically if we now have seemingly unlimited funds, can we grow a clone of Robbie Dennison’s brain in Adama’s body.
I watched a documentary about how they did it from dinosaurs. We just need a mosquito to bite them both.

paxrax

Groupie
Reaction score
Ok but just hypothetically if we now have seemingly unlimited funds, can we grow a clone of Robbie Dennison’s brain in Adama’s body.
I watched a documentary about how they did it from dinosaurs. We just need a mosquito to bite them both.
not a lot tickles me my friend :D :D:D

i have shamelessly pinched it for my Facebook :D

Last edited:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky Transfer talk saying their Wolves insider saying possibly no more new players

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we wanted revolution/ evolution here it is.

Coady Gone

back 3 gone

4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1

Investment - Guedes/Nunes/Collins

New CB, new CM

We need to back lage now, its not going to be an easy september.

We just need to trust and back him, because thats a lot of change and we are now in a period of embedding this.

I don't think the best wolves will be seen untill at least october more than likely 2nd half of the season

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we wanted revolution/ evolution here it is.

Coady Gone

back 3 gone

4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1

Investment - Guedes/Nunes/Collins

New CB, new CM

We need to back lage now, its not going to be an easy september.

We just need to trust and back him, because thats a lot of change and we are now in a period of embedding this.
Why? Surely we want the best manager for the job? I don't see what he has done to earn significant trust.

These changes should be making us better, it might take time, ultimately if they don't the buck rests on him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? Surely we want the best manager for the job? I don't see what he has done to earn significant trust.

These changes should be making us better, it might take time, ultimately if they don't the buck rests on him.
More of the case of we arent going to start beating liverpool and city 4-0 in september. Nor likely to beat them straight away

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So one of the SSN Transfer Show numpties just held up his hands and said "sorry Wolves fans but just spoken to Antione at The Athletic and ........... unintelligible drivel" seemed to be saying it was Nunes and that's it...

I know, I know, before you say it it's SSN but in my defence it was that or David Dickinson whilst I ate my lunch

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More of the case of we arent going to start beating liverpool and city 4-0 in september. Nor likely to beat them straight away
No but there should be some signs of progress. That the switch is making is in some way better. The occasional goal would be nice.

Spurs coming up. I want us to sign as many players before then as I really fear we'll get Kaned.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but there should be some signs of progress. That the switch is making is in some way better. The occasional goal would be nice.

Spurs coming up. I want us to sign as many players before then as I really fear we'll get Kaned.
Thats completely fair.

I think nunes will be in the squad, will he start i dont know.

But i expect guedes over hwang hopefully

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So one of the SSN Transfer Show numpties just held up his hands and said "sorry Wolves fans but just spoken to Antione at The Athletic and ........... unintelligible drivel" seemed to be saying it was Nunes and that's it...

I know, I know, before you say it it's SSN but in my defence it was that or David Dickinson whilst I ate my lunch
Good thing they know f all

Back
Top Bottom