Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
We’ve made a couple of very good first team signings now but we’re still (at the minimum) only halfway done.

We MUST get a top class Centre Midfielder to play along side Neves and we still need another striking option.

Well done Jeff and Scott for getting Collins and Guedes but there’s still a lot more work to do in order to make us properly competitive.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally the more I thought about Batshuayi numbers the more Ive thought it would be a good low cost signing
It made sense to me, last year of his contract. Would be playing for his place in the Belgium squad and a good chance to either get a deal here or a good deal elsewhere in the summer

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the CM signing will be Andre Almeida.

Cornwall said that we were in talks to sign him earlier in this window and that suddenly those talks all stopped. The Guedes transfer revealed that we will agree fees with clubs and contracts with players, only to then wait until a later date to pursue the deal. Whether that is at the players request or the clubs I don’t know. That could be the reason that talks suddenly ended?

Just a guess.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe we have loaned him out!

When do clubs ever loan their players to us? Well excluding Vitinha, RAN, Raul,Jonny, Jota, Boly, Jose, Costa of course
Hate to be serious when this is such a hilarious post, but there’s a reason that none of the names you’ve mentioned are from the same league and a potential rival

Reactions: Ned

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God I wish we tried to sign David when he was in Belgium. It sucks that he's going to go to a competitor and I'll have to cheer against him.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pedro Goncalves was being linked with everybody last summer, but doesn't seem to be getting many mentions this year.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hmm..is Guedes good enough to make a difference?
Genuine question..I can´t recall seeing him in action at all.
Stats is one thing..he doesn´t seem to be able to score any great amount of goals I recon.
Seems he might be able to score about..five goals per season in Premier League surrounding?
Will he be on the bench when Raul comes back in decent form?
Can´t see Guedes getting chosen over Raul and Neto longer term.
I do understand we need depth in squad..but 27,5 Mill seems alot of cash for a player that might be sitting on the bench?
Really tried to ignore this post..

Maybe we shouldn't of bothered signing anyone ? Would that of made you happy ??

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve made a couple of very good first team signings now but we’re still (at the minimum) only halfway done.

We MUST get a top class Centre Midfielder to play along side Neves and we still need another striking option.

Well done Jeff and Scott for getting Collins and Guedes but there’s still a lot more work to do in order to make us properly competitive.
We have two internationals who already do, a Nico on paper isn’t anywhere near the calibre. We will be bringing in potential rather than ready made brilliance if that makes sense.
Must be his wide range of passing and calmness on the ball. He’d also have to learn to pass it forward.
Every thread. You’re getting like @jos

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Goncalves was being linked with everybody last summer, but doesn't seem to be getting many mentions this year.
He had an insane season that year, last season was a bit more normal although still a very good return especially in the champions league.

He’s got a fair bit of competition there now though, especially out wide, so wonder if he’ll end up in a more central position this year.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree.

We need to make the sort of signing that our fans would hate - like a Craig Dawson. Cheap, experienced, strong, no-nonsense type but will also be happy to be a third choice.

The last time we did one like that was Ryan Bennett.

A lot of looking down to players like that, Dan Burn was another. Our attitude maybe more understandable than others to him as Traore used to destroy him but other than that he was reliable and has been superb for Newcastle.

Can't think of too many options though. John Egan maybe a bit expensive. Jake Cooper at Millwall in final year of contract could maybe do the job.
I don’t really see the point of that when we have Toti Gomes coming through - why get someone old and **** whose never played in the premier league when you already have someone young who you want ti develop to being a future regular?

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really haapy with Guedes...i would say our 2nd highest profile player behind mouts...cant believe Guedes is only 25- feel like he has been around forever

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great signing though he is think we are still a couple short.

I’m worried about the keeper situation too, Sa looking in mixed form so far and Sarkic struggles with injury - experienced back up needed until end of December?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Nico Gonzalez is off to Valencia
The mendes carousel moves, we got Guedes for a steal and now he owes Valencia a favour.

Would have been nice to get him too. But not going to be greedy as Guedes is a quality quality acquisition that we have been missing since Jota.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Conor pushed rather than chose to leave, as we knew/ suspected. Straight from the agents mouth…

If you’re not being sarcastic, then your statement is twisting the agents words. If you are, then I think people may misconstrue your comment without looking at the tweet. For those without access to Twitter, the agent said:-

“I also want to put on record that the hierarchy at @Wolves acted with integrity. When it became apparent that Conor wasn’t in the managers’ plans, they we’re very open to allowing Conor to leave in order to get regular minutes in a World Cup year. Respect to that stance.”

ElRobbery

Reaction score
Regardless of what may or may not be happening with Nico and Nunes, one thing that the Guedes deal has taught me is to remain positive. Deals will be done, I’m sure of it. I think the majority of us, this time last week, didn’t think we’d be sat here discussing Guedes as a Wolves player and Coady as an Evertonian! Let’s get behind Bruno and the team.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So moving on............

We now play four at the back which suits Lage and his tactics.
We are now starting(belatedly) to refresh the squad with the new faces Lage needs to implement his new style. Remember he liked 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 at Benfica I believe.

Whatever happens now at least Lage can thrive or survive doing it his way with some of his players rather than trying to re-purpose Nunos squad. If I have to have a whinge I think this should all have happened last summer and Lage would then have also had an element of surprise to bolster the points total. But we are where we are. Now bolster the midfield please.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the decision to leave was with the player, but sounds like it was made quite clear to him that he wasn't going to play.
Yes.
So pretty reasonable from both sides, there doesn’t always have to be a bad guy.
We tend to handle these parting of ways very well, cleanly and without acrimony.
One of the many things our recruitment team do well.

W

WasStefan

If you’re not being sarcastic, then your statement is twisting the agents words. If you are, then I think people may misconstrue your comment without looking at the tweet. For those without access to Twitter, the agent said:-

“I also want to put on record that the hierarchy at @Wolves acted with integrity. When it became apparent that Conor wasn’t in the managers’ plans, they we’re very open to allowing Conor to leave in order to get regular minutes in a World Cup year. Respect to that stance.”
In my book changing formation and being benched is as good as pushed out. They knew he wasn’t going to sit on the bench.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So moving on............

We now play four at the back which suits Lage and his tactics.
We are now starting(belatedly) to refresh the squad with the new faces Lage needs to implement his new style. Remember he liked 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 at Benfica I believe.

Whatever happens now at least Lage can thrive or survive doing it his way with some of his players rather than trying to re-purpose Nunos squad. If I have to have a whinge I think this should all have happened last summer and Lage would then have also had an element of surprise to bolster the points total. But we are where we are. Now bolster the midfield please.

I would say it was more of a 4231/4411. Basically a double pivot, one winger, a 10 outwide and one striker playing deeper off a Target man

Back
Top Bottom