Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he can then come inside and be difficult to pick up, especially with Podence already in the 10. Then have the right back overlapping down the right.

The idea is not too bad. As far as I remember Lages wingers at Benfica tucked in a lot, either playing as an inside forward or a widepaymaler with freedom to roam.
For it to work though we've to press and play high up the field. Otherwise we'll have the situation we saw often last season with Hwang and other wingers receiving the ball, isolated on the wing, then losing it before having anyone to pass to.
That to me is why the midfield is still very important and I can't comprehend why it's not been solved.
We need 2 midfielders that covers a lot of ground, are able to win the ball back fast and high up the pitch, then quickly recycle it back to a new attacking move. Moutinho certainly has the ability to do the fast recycling part. Bur for the press? I doubt it...

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
He was playing as a number 10 for Sheffield wasn't he?

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So MGW will cut inside, Podence will be their or their abouts, and Jonny will come bombing down the right to whip in/pick out a pass?

That can’t be right, it’d leave more than 1 person in the box.

Not right for wolves!!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen

‘Wolves have been playing mostly in a 433 formation and also in a 4231 formation with Podence playing as a number 10.

Gibbs White has been playing wide on the right but coming in centrally to allow Jonny Otto (RB) to over lap’
Liam also noted that Bruno did the 4 at the back training last pre-season but when season started he went with 5 at the back. Hence to not read too much into it at the moment.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did a bit of different roles. Here are his positions from last season.
With that flexibility he could become a really useful players for us.

Yeah, the most common area he caused damage for Sheffield United was in that little pocket of space that Trincao mainly occupied for us last season.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Featured today.....https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/wanted-man-wolves-big-fish-wanted-by-european-giants-fosun-could-listen-to-offers-report/ar-AAZGW91?ocid=msedgntphdr

Can't see it happening. Not yet anyway.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sure I read on Mix (weeks ago) he was nailed-on to come here and possibly be our first summer signing.

He apparently was however his agency broke a clause in the contract or something along those lines as it was leaked etc, so I'm guessing it didn't happen for that reason

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam also noted that Bruno did the 4 at the back training last pre-season but when season started he went with 5 at the back. Hence to not read too much into it at the moment.

He did that because we looked **** defensively as the players was struggling to adapt as they was that used to a 5.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In FIFA's defence (not a place I like to be) it's genuinely a difficult situation all round.

Players in Ukraine obviously have to be allowed to leave - it would be nice if clubs paid Ukrainian sides fair value, but to leave things as normal you'd risk Ukrainian clubs setting unreasonable values (or other clubs just not wanting to pay full price), and the player's career on hold until it's resolved.
The article said that clubs were agreeing fees to take the players from Ukraine but as soon as fifa (without consulting the Ukrainian clubs) announced players could be free, those clubs withdrew their offers….

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The article said that clubs were agreeing fees to take the players from Ukraine but as soon as fifa (without consulting the Ukrainian clubs) announced players could be free, those clubs withdrew their offers….

Well, it said they were in active talks for "several" of their foreign players - of which they have/had 14.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could say that for any of our players.

I am. Versatile Belgian international?
Just because you haven’t read about it it doesn’t mean there isn’t interest. We may also not want to sell.

Much as I'm not a fan (at all), he does give us important defensive cover. When used correctly he's not too bad. I'd rather we sold but paucity if midfielders and defenders after saiss has gone is why he's staying.

He's probably worth £15m - would sell personally but only after securing a suitable replacement.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He apparently was however his agency broke a clause in the contract or something along those lines as it was leaked etc, so I'm guessing it didn't happen for that reason

I think that is a little far fetched. It leaked so they took their ball home despite the nice earner they would get and now he is loaned to Mineiro. The worst agent ever?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only going on what has been said

- Think he was an emergency signing at the time, it's bit strange he's gone on loan back to Brazil.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good article on the athletic today, about how the Ukrainian clubs have been ****ed over by fifa allowing their players to move for nothing when they still have to pay the transfer fees they agreed when they bought them - and that before that ruling, clubs were negotiating to buy their players for fair prices.

It’s the start of august that players can go for free, so may be that Pedrinho turns up then - but would leave a bad taste in my mouth that we would effectively be looting from a country in need.
Knowing Jeff is an honourable man who does business in an honourable way, Wolves would pay a fee to the Ukraine club. Just like we did with Patricio.

Back
Top Bottom