Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves know all that but they also know that but hie good moments are few and far between, ( and everybody would love to know why).

BTW, should Bruno even sub on Traore if his heart is not in it?
I would. He is best as an impact player and could change a game. We may need him. He may not be playing for a place, but could still be playing for a club.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if he ever believed that but especially now?
I have no problem with players trying to get the most out of their careers, both on field and financially.
Thats how we got Neves, Sa, Raul etc…..they wanted more than they were earning and to play in the PL.

So it’s understandable if Traore wanted what he thought he thought he was worth and perhaps join a club with European competitions.

I wonder what happened with him at Barca because Xavi must have seen all Traore’s PL games but decided he wanted him anyway?
Did Xavi think he could turn Adama around where Nuno and Bruno failed? Does Adama have some problem following coaching instructions?
You're looking into things far too much.

He was brought in when Dembele was expected to leave. Then when he didn't leave Barcelona stated he would not play for them.

They eventually backed down on that and the reality is Traore didn't play because they had a £55m man on one side (Torres) and Dembele, who has cost £120m on the other.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the adama argument has been done to death now surely. Keep him, and we will get the odd moment of magic, but nothing compared to the 10m plus we can get now as a fee or player swap. His depreciated book value on the balance sheet will be circa 4 to 5m now as in his last year of so anything more than that is a profit for the club.

Kennedy

Reaction score
This is exactly my take on it too. I’d rather have him here (especially with the 5 sub rule) proving a point and playing for the best move he can get when his contract runs out. To me that’s worth the £10m if it helps us up the table a few places.
Absolutely!

I've been saying this for ages, not on here, to clarify.

We do miss him. He's a brilliant impact sub at Wolves. That is his level though. He's not a starter for me, not for a good Prem team anyway but he really does improve the squad and the results.

Even if they did flog him for big money (not gonna happen now ) doubt much of it would be invested into the first team anyway.

So, yeah keep him. Let him go for free next year and good luck to him too if this happens. He doesn't deserve any hate.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around Traore. The bloke needs a minimum of 2/3 players marking him every game.
His dribbling past players is quite frankly something the likes of us will never see again.
He had 2nd/3rd most successful dribbles in the Prem last season, despite hardly playing t and being on load for half the season.
Bloke can rise like a salmon.
Quick enough to get back and defend.
And can always work on his end product.
How he is only roughly touted at 10/15 million is beyond me.

With 5 subs next season, he will destroy teams in the later stages of the game.

Keep him!!!!!!!
Well yes, but in all the years he could have worked on his end product we still have a very exciting sprinter with no end product. If it ain't happened by now, I think it is unlikely to happen.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with most of that. I do think that when he first started his loan at Barca that he quickly delivered assists and looked decent. It would appear that for reasons out of his control, that he was quickly relegated to a bit part, and from then on, it was downhill even when he did play. Suggests he needs to feel he’s wanted and when not evident, his head drops. While he’s not alone if true, it will hold him back massively. Conversely, somewhere he may just find the coach and team who believe in him and play to his strengths, and he may look like a superstar.
I've got a different take on that. At Barca he started well, then Dembele decided to start trying again and Traore was dropped: nothing he could do about that. I'd say that even when played only occasionally for us or off the bench he always tried his very best. One of the things I love about him is his attitude (though obviously not towards our contract offer!) as he always keeps going, gets clattered and dusts himself off (this *******s about him sitting on his **** from our Twitterati ****es me off), and when he struggles never hides. His attitude is spot on.

R

reanswolf

Sorry, I'd rather have someone trying to beat players and losing it sometimes than working it backwards all game. We won 5 of our last 17 without him. We had no drive to get up the pitch. Nuts that people don't see this.
Thing is, IMO people rely on specific stats too much at times.
Just use your eyes........he clearly opened up defences, and imagine if we had attacking midfielders who would move into the space he repeatedly created.

I get that he certainly has flaws, but he creates so much such space for others to maximise, that in most teams he would be more appreciated. At minimum a wonderful 2nd half sub to bring on with 20-25 minutes left to stretch tired defences. We were tepid and sterile towards the end of last season without him.

Having said that, he doesn't want to be here so we have little choice.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least he won't go on strike like cutrone probably would.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the adama argument has been done to death now surely. Keep him, and we will get the odd moment of magic, but nothing compared to the 10m plus we can get now as a fee or player swap. His depreciated book value on the balance sheet will be circa 4 to 5m now as in his last year of so anything more than that is a profit for the club.
He is worth more than £4m!!

We paid more than that for a loan

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's surely been working on it for 10 years now! It isn't going to ever get there, is it? If he couldn't deliver for a team like Barca, with the quality they have, he isn't going to do it at a lesser club. People used to say he'd have end product "in a better, more attacking club". That was disproved.
How was it disproved at Barca? He started off with 4 assists. Then Dembele came in instead of him with an assist every game. Half the time with a simple run down the wing and cross.

Truth of the matter is we've never tried to set up to get the best out of him. Why not go 2 up front? Why not expect one of our midfield gets in the box?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah Wolves are short of defensive players that why we scored so many last year..
Nunes is a midfielder and more box to box than either of our current midfielders. He can also drive forward with the ball. He can also do the defensive side of things as well. He’s a completely different player to MGW and I would argue what we need to help us score more goals.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Would you pay 10m to loan Traore? If not, then absolutely should Wolves accept a 10m offer to buy him this summer. If we turn down 10m now and he leaves for a free next summer, it’s the equivalent of paying a one season 10m loan fee. Guess what, anyone thinking of buying him knows that too, so unless there is a bidding war, then nobody will offer even 10m.
But my point is we paid £5m for Trincao and that didn’t work out. For £10m I’d keep him as we won’t get better easily.

Unless he really doesn’t want to play /be here.

Hope we can get £15m

Rather keep him. And have another striker to benefit from hiM

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is if you don't measure it in goals and assists. Let's face it you don't measure moutinho's output that way. I don't get what the insistence of doing the same with traore is.
Agree. Look at the free kick that won the game against Villa. Adama flying forward and got bought down. No assist, no goal but he made a difference that won 2 points. That’s what he can give you.

I just enjoy watching the lad to be honest.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around Traore. The bloke needs a minimum of 2/3 players marking him every game.
His dribbling past players is quite frankly something the likes of us will never see again.
He had 2nd/3rd most successful dribbles in the Prem last season, despite hardly playing t and being on load for half the season.
Bloke can rise like a salmon.
Quick enough to get back and defend.
And can always work on his end product.
How he is only roughly touted at 10/15 million is beyond me.

With 5 subs next season, he will destroy teams in the later stages of the game.

Keep him!!!!!!!
Completely this and 10mil is a steal, would snap a clubs hand of for that type of talent for that much.

Really hope he stays, gutted if he goes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty obvious by now Adama is not going to sign therefore take what we can get…. So if that’s a swap for Guedes then better idea or someone from Monaco. Everton would probably pay the £10m with a few add ons but do we want him going to a rival?

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Okay - dreaming is for free, right?

Ligue 1 Possibles:

CMs - Houssem Aouar (Lyon), Lucas Paqueta (Lyon), Renato Sanches (Lille), Maxence Caqueret (CDM - Lyon)
STs - Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco), Mauro Icardi (PSG), Ludovic Ajorque (Strausbourg), Hugo Ekitike (Reims)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, IMO people rely on specific stats too much at times.
Just use your eyes........he clearly opened up defences, and imagine if we had attacking midfielders who would move into the space he repeatedly created.

I get that he certainly has flaws, but he creates so much such space for others to maximise, that in most teams he would be more appreciated. At minimum a wonderful 2nd half sub to bring on with 20-25 minutes left to stretch tired defences. We were tepid and sterile towards the end of last season without him.

Having said that, he doesn't want to be here so we have little choice.

We scored 7-8 goals all season when he was on the pitch ffs.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is if you don't measure it in goals and assists. Let's face it you don't measure moutinho's output that way. I don't get what the insistence of doing the same with traore is.
You have lost me with this comparison. Surely goals and assists are an important measure for an attacking player, particularly one who contributes nothing defensively or positionally.
Why would we use that measure for Moutinho as a defensive midfielder?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Particularly after losing Chiquinho for the season, letting Adama go for a fee like 10m would be nothing short of ridiculous.

Thoroughly expecting it to happen though. And all the melts on here can have their day.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t need stats to tell me that watching a a Wolves side with Adama is a damn site better than watching one without.
Iv just mentioned him winning the free kick against Villa (no assist) but off the top my head he also played a massive part in the second goal (no assist), he ran the length of the field to win the pen against Sevilla, (no assist) beat 2 or 3 men at Burnley in the build up to Rauls goal (no assist), tore Tottenham apart at Molineux getting 4 players booked (no assist) so stats don’t tell you everything.

Is he perfect? No. Consistent enough? No. Would I rather watch him than Trincao, Hwang or Podence as wide forwards? Every day of the week.

We were ****e after he left and I’d much rather have him here next season than not.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Particularly after losing Chiquinho for the season, letting Adama go for a fee like 10m would be nothing short of ridiculous.

Thoroughly expecting it to happen though. And all the melts on here can have their day.
Would you keep him and let him go for nothing next summer?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you keep him and let him go for nothing next summer?

Yes.

Not only are we a better side with him, we're a million times more exciting to watch. And to be honest that second factor is why I go to games now. We're not gonna win the league or get anywhere near what real success looks like. We're a mid table side at best, who might have a good cup run or push for a top 7 position again one day if everything goes right. So actually enjoying the game is everything to me. Little experts like Dan G can throw their usual stat argument at me, but I don't give a ****.

I can't recall a single player who I enjoyed watching as much as Traore. Whether he got the ball 70 yards out it gained my attention.

Would leaving us another winger light for the sake of 10m, what 4 league positions? Be worth it? No I don't think so at all.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree. We let Adama go then we need a winger in with real pace. I hope he stays to be honest.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay - dreaming is for free, right?

Ligue 1 Possibles:

CMs - Houssem Aouar (Lyon), Lucas Paqueta (Lyon), Renato Sanches (Lille), Maxence Caqueret (CDM - Lyon)
STs - Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco), Mauro Icardi (PSG), Ludovic Ajorque (Strausbourg), Hugo Ekitike (Reims)
Isn't Ekitike injured ?

Back
Top Bottom