Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv just mentioned him winning the free kick against Villa (no assist) but off the top my head he also played a massive part in the second goal (no assist), he ran the length of the field to win the pen against Sevilla, (no assist) beat 2 or 3 men at Burnley in the build up to Rauls goal (no assist), tore Tottenham apart at Molineux getting 4 players booked (no assist) so stats don’t tell you everything.

Is he perfect? No. Consistent enough? No. Would I rather watch him than Trincao, Hwang or Podence as wide forwards? Every day of the week.

We were ****e after he left and I’d much rather have him here next season than not.
The goal against Leeds that was smacked in off the keepers head via the post. No goal or assist.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama Traore - surely the most frustrating player we've ever had, unplayable at his best but infuriatingly hit and mostly miss.
He really wants away no point in keeping him when he doesn't want to be here.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure on the source 23k followers

Neto FPL
@NETOFPL
·
8m
EXCL: #Wolves are in talks with #Burnley regarding a move for Josh Brownhill. They are expected to launch an official offer soon. Wolves are working extremely hard on getting a midfielder in soon and an attacking addition is expected to be imminent

Last line interesting

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv just mentioned him winning the free kick against Villa (no assist) but off the top my head he also played a massive part in the second goal (no assist), he ran the length of the field to win the pen against Sevilla, (no assist) beat 2 or 3 men at Burnley in the build up to Rauls goal (no assist), tore Tottenham apart at Molineux getting 4 players booked (no assist) so stats don’t tell you everything.

Is he perfect? No. Consistent enough? No. Would I rather watch him than Trincao, Hwang or Podence as wide forwards? Every day of the week.

We were ****e after he left and I’d much rather have him here next season than not.
Agreed I for one like a bit of excitement in exchange for my ticket money.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But my point is we paid £5m for Trincao and that didn’t work out. For £10m I’d keep him as we won’t get better easily.

Unless he really doesn’t want to play /be here.

Hope we can get £15m

Rather keep him. And have another striker to benefit from hiM

Very different scenarios. When we took him on loan, that loan fee was to be deducted from his fee if we then purchased him. It didn’t work out, and so we have a clause which will reduce the loan fee a bit, but it’s really a 3-4m gamble which didn’t pay off.

Now with Traore, you’re suggesting we spend around 12m (10m by not selling this summer + 2m wages) knowing that we get nothing other than his contribution on the pitch. For that gamble to pay off, he alone needs to deliver either at least 2 positions higher in the league and/or European football. Even in his best season, he’s never contributed enough alone to make a difference of that magnitude. He may be exciting to watch, but he is simply not that valuable to the club in a financial sense.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10 m is a no brainer at this point. He will be a sub at best this season with us and we would lose 10 m a year from now, not to mention wages.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Isn't Ekitike injured ?
I think he sat out because of tight hamstrings, but I could be wrong. The scuttlebutt on him is that his agent is stringing Newcastle along, hoping for an even bigger offer from a bigger club. Probably out of our price range now, but we were scouting him last year and many think he's ready to break out.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, IMO people rely on specific stats too much at times.
Just use your eyes........he clearly opened up defences, and imagine if we had attacking midfielders who would move into the space he repeatedly created.

I get that he certainly has flaws, but he creates so much such space for others to maximise, that in most teams he would be more appreciated. At minimum a wonderful 2nd half sub to bring on with 20-25 minutes left to stretch tired defences. We were tepid and sterile towards the end of last season without him.

Having said that, he doesn't want to be here so we have little choice.
The issue I have with this Reans is that if in most teams he would be much more appreciated why aren’t we fighting off bids from those teams.
I have read other stuff today that suggests the world’s best teams wanted him a couple of seasons ago. Again where is the evidence for this and where were the bids?
So many people say he opens up space for others, but those 2 or 3 defenders he occupies are only when he has the ball so we are reliant on him hitting an early ball into the space he has created and that is simply not his game. He will keep running towards the touch line before inevitably attempting a cross at the end of his run.
His attitude and work ethic sounds spot on and if he stays I have no doubt that he will give his best, but if he sees his future elsewhere I really do feel we would be better to let him go if there is a buyer for him and instead bring in a goal scoring wide player in his place.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

Not only are we a better side with him, we're a million times more exciting to watch. And to be honest that second factor is why I go to games now. We're not gonna win the league or get anywhere near what real success looks like. We're a mid table side at best, who might have a good cup run or push for a top 7 position again one day if everything goes right. So actually enjoying the game is everything to me. Little experts like Dan G can throw their usual stat argument at me, but I don't give a ****.

I can't recall a single player who I enjoyed watching as much as Traore. Whether he got the ball 70 yards out it gained my attention.

Would leaving us another winger light for the sake of 10m, what 4 league positions? Be worth it? No I don't think so at all.

I wouldn't pay a £10m loan fee for traore for the season. I don't find him exciting as the end result is so predictable. I'd rather use the £10m to go towards someone with end product. But each to their own.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Not sure on the source 23k followers

Neto FPL
@NETOFPL
·
8m
EXCL: #Wolves are in talks with #Burnley regarding a move for Josh Brownhill. They are expected to launch an official offer soon. Wolves are working extremely hard on getting a midfielder in soon and an attacking addition is expected to be imminent

Last line interesting
They just make things up and pretend to have a source

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he sat out because of tight hamstrings, but I could be wrong. The scuttlebutt on him is that his agent is stringing Newcastle along, hoping for an even bigger offer from a bigger club. Probably out of our price range now, but we were scouting him last year and many think he's ready to break out.
Holding out a move to PSG.

tj200

Reaction score
But my point is we paid £5m for Trincao and that didn’t work out. For £10m I’d keep him as we won’t get better easily.

Unless he really doesn’t want to play /be here.

Hope we can get £15m

Rather keep him. And have another striker to benefit from hiM
Problem is if we pass on £10m and we pay him his wages of £2m for the season and we then we lose the current value of him on the balance sheet of ££3.6m (£18/5 years) it means for one season we have effectively spent £15.6m on him. That not far off 10% of our turnover and roughly 7 positions in the prem. i don’t think he’s worth that.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thing is, IMO people rely on specific stats too much at times.
Just use your eyes........he clearly opened up defences, and imagine if we had attacking midfielders who would move into the space he repeatedly created.

I get that he certainly has flaws, but he creates so much such space for others to maximise, that in most teams he would be more appreciated. At minimum a wonderful 2nd half sub to bring on with 20-25 minutes left to stretch tired defences. We were tepid and sterile towards the end of last season without him.

Having said that, he doesn't want to be here so we have little choice.

I think the issue is that Traore is a player who appeals to a certain type of manager. Bruno isn't that type of manager, but we're not going to change our head coach just to suit Traore.

And then do we have those managers in positions elsewhere at the moment to give us decent money for Traore? Of the teams above us I can think only of Conte as a coach who could get the best out of Traore, and Traore has already turned down the chance to go there and follow Conte's instructions.

So then it's just a case of which other middle prem club will spend 5-10 million to take a chance on him. At this rate, i'd say just keep him and accept he'll go on a free after a year as an impact sub. But if someone offers 10 million for a player who won't sign a new deal...that's good business.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

After losing to Arsenal, didn't we beat Spurs and Lecicster without him?

Lost to Arsenal again and west ham, who are both better then us. But then beat Watford, Everton and Villa, while also somehow losing to Leeds after what I still think is a dodgy red card.

But now with Neves out injured after the Leeds match. We lose to Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton. In the Brighton game we already had Kilman hurt in training and now Semedo out injured for the rest of the season.

Neves comes back for Chelsea game and we get a draw. Lose to man city playing Chiq right wing back and Jonny RCB.

Draw to Norwich after they sit back all game and rip Coady apart, which he ended up getting taken off at half time.

Lost to Liverpool after being 1-0 up, then Neto went off injured, then Sa went off injured at 1-1. With Ruddy in goal and no Neto we lost 3-1.

We didn't get **** in the second half of the season because we lost Adama. It's because we lost Neves, Semedo and Kilman who along with SA all up there for players of the season for us.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

Not only are we a better side with him, we're a million times more exciting to watch. And to be honest that second factor is why I go to games now. We're not gonna win the league or get anywhere near what real success looks like. We're a mid table side at best, who might have a good cup run or push for a top 7 position again one day if everything goes right. So actually enjoying the game is everything to me. Little experts like Dan G can throw their usual stat argument at me, but I don't give a ****.

I can't recall a single player who I enjoyed watching as much as Traore. Whether he got the ball 70 yards out it gained my attention.

Would leaving us another winger light for the sake of 10m, what 4 league positions? Be worth it? No I don't think so at all.
We aren’t a better side with him, sorry.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lost to Arsenal again and west ham, who are both better then us. But then beat Watford, Everton and Villa, while also somehow losing to Leeds after what I still think is a dodgy red card.

But now with Neves out injured after the Leeds match. We lose to Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton. In the Brighton game we already had Kilman hurt in training and now Semedo out injured for the rest of the season.

Neves comes back for Chelsea game and we get a draw. Lose to man city playing Chiq right wing back and Jonny RCB.

Draw to Norwich after they sit back all game and rip Coady apart, which he ended up getting taken off at half time.

Lost to Liverpool after being 1-0 up, then Neto went off injured, then Sa went off injured at 1-1. With Ruddy in goal and no Neto we lost 3-1.

We didn't get **** in the second half of the season because we lost Adama. It's because we lost Neves, Semedo and Kilman who along with SA all up there for players of the season for us.
Yeah. Amazing to me that anyone thinks our season went to **** because we lost Traore.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh *******s.
We had no injuries at the start of the season then? Podence and Neto weren't around. We didn't sign hwang until the end of August and Raul didn't really get going until the Southampton game.
Jonny came in and was fine for Semedo. We coped when we had Gomes as centre back. Injuries happen at other times of the season when Adama is playing.

This is the problem with some of you guys, it's adama's fault if we create 20 chances lose and don't score. When we don't create the chances without him(and by the end of the season by god we were awful) it's due to injuries or whatever else.

The reality is we are far too one paced and slow without him. The other wingers don't have the same ability to beat a man and we lose it too easily. They have the same problems with not having enough attacking players around them. I have seen that ****e that was put out against palace way too often now for it to be deemed a coincidence.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Please, please, please, pretty please take the Adama chat to the Adama thread, I can't read any more discussion about his merits as a Wolves player :rolleyes:
What do you expect, it is the same old repeated arguments thread, you wont find out much about new signings on here

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I certainly understand this. Always been great to watch, but equally frustrating.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho isn't an attacking player.

Adama is a forward, they're meant to score & assist
Moutinho isn't purely a defensive player either. It's not like he's parked himself
His best contribution came in his first season, there were plenty of assists then. There was plenty of control in the middle of the park then? What has happened since?
Are you really telling me that we play with 5 at the back, with wingbacks that are full backs and both our midfielders are supposed to only contribute defensively?
Could be a good reason why we are dire to watch maybe?
Why can't we have someone like Fofana in the middle of the park at Lens? They play with our formation. His main contribution is to score goals. Why is the bar so low for him?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho isn't purely a defensive player either. It's not like he's parked himself
His best contribution came in his first season, there were plenty of assists then. There was plenty of control in the middle of the park then? What has happened since?
Are you really telling me that we play with 5 at the back, with wingbacks that are full backs and both our midfielders are supposed to only contribute defensively?
Why can't we have someone like Fofana in the middle of the park at Lens? They play with our formation. His main contribution is to score goals. Why is the bar so low for him?
No, I'm telling you why people don't evaluate moutinhos contribution in terms of goals & assists, and why people do evaluate Adamas contribution in terms of goals & assists.

You've gone off at a bit of a tangent there

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh *******s.
We had no injuries at the start of the season then? Podence and Neto weren't around. We didn't sign hwang until the end of August and Raul didn't really get going until the Southampton game.
Jonny came in and was fine for Semedo. We coped when we had Gomes as centre back. Injuries happen at other times of the season when Adama is playing.

This is the problem with some of you guys, it's adama's fault if we create 20 chances lose and don't score. When we don't create the chances without him(and by the end of the season by god we were awful) it's due to injuries or whatever else.

The reality is we are far too one paced and slow without him. The other wingers don't have the same ability to beat a man and we lose it too easily. They have the same problems with not having enough attacking players around them. I have seen that ****e that was put out against palace way too often now for it to be deemed a coincidence.

We had Kilman and Neves who I would say our two best outfield players last season. Form and performances drop massively when they're out.

Jonny played okay, not up to his old level and started really slow but it's expected. Semedo was really good last season the is a drop off.

Toti looks lively but I'm not getting too excited just yet.

We all know how good Adama is at dribbling and getting into crossing situations and creating shots for himself. We all know most his crosses and shots are normally poor, that seems to be the end of his debate even though off the ball he's very poor and my main issue with him.

Put it this way, he's apparently available for £10m yet to our knowledge not a single team has bid for him. In an era when £10m for an average squad player in the premier is probably seen as a good price.

Maybe we didn't create chances because Hwang is ****e (Well on the wing he is, slight hope playing as a striker he might be useful back up) and Trinaco is one of the worse deals we have done in the premier league. That shouldn't be used to hype up Adama.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I like Traore. He's inconsistent, but dynamic and exciting and it seems like he's truly a good dude. I would hope to keep him as a different option to our other wide players.

BUT, he didn't and hasn't signed a new deal with us. And we don't have suitors knocking down the door either. So, I would rather we move him on for the best price that we can get and use the money from his transfer fee for someone better suited to Bruno's style of play. I don't think we should "pay" 10mil for his last year with us. Of course, he still has to agree to a move...he might just play out his contract.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I 100% agree that Moutinho is not simply a defensive player and that is my point. He is able to contribute much more than that and also has the ability to read a game. That said, I wouldn’t disagree that he has sat much deeper in many games over the last two seasons.
Not sure therefore why we would compare his goals and assists to an attacking player who as I say offers nothing defensively or positionally and cannot read a game.
I personally enjoyed watching us much more with with Jota and Jimenez up top and would much prefer a more flexible formation to switch to not only a back four at times, but also a front two. I hope we are bringing in one or two more additions to allow this to happen.

Lupus

Groupie
Reaction score
The full corriere dello sport article.

Dario Osorio, the baby from Chile who made Sassuolo and the Premier fall in love.

Left winger, 18, thirteen games and four Primera Division goals for Universidad de Chile. Up for auction: Wolverhampton is in the front row, offering five million pounds

He was born in the hills of Hijuelas , in the Valparaíso region, where David Pizarro , renamed “el Pek”, superfine director, one of the best expressions of Chilean football , had begun to make himself known . Dario Osorio is eighteen, he is the new jewel of the “ Roja ”. Many European clubs court him: he is liked by Sassuolo and Udinese , he is on Manchester City 's radar . Real Madrid got informed. And in recent days, after a poll of Brighton and Sevilla , Wolverhampton he is trying to anticipate everyone and close the deal with the Universidad de Chile .

HE IS TRAINED BY DIEGO LOPEZ - Left winger, thirteen games and four goals in the Primera Division , he made South America fall in love . He is coached by Diego Lopez , Uruguayan, former captain and former manager of Cagliari , very close to Cellino , who had brought him further to Brescia . Osorio immediately presented himself with a spell. On 2 July, on the day of Lopez's bench debut (who also worked for Bologna and Palermo ), he scored the 1-0 goal against Unión La Calera, dragging the team to a 2-1 victory. He entered the field in the second half and changed direction in the match: instinct, imagination, 1.82 meters, genius, shooting, sprint.

LA PREMIER LEAGUE - He was born in 2004, was born on 24 January, grew up in the University of Chile's nursery and has already made his debut in the senior national team: coach Eduardo Berizzo , Argentine, former Celta and Athletic Bilbao , returning from a good work at the helm of Paraguay , he launched him on June 7 in a friendly match with Tunisia and gave him some space also with Ghana . Sixteen minutes in total. Wolverhampton, who have a strong relationship with manager Jorge Mendes , want to take him straight to the Premier League. He offered five million pounds. He is also ready to touch up the proposal. He waits for a signal, he wants to settle the deal.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint pitchfork and hang them high brigade .. not hiding ..
I do not know anything
just post what I hear from former colleagues who are agents and coaches.. some are right some come to nothing
All I know is an agent advised 2/3 possible this week 1 european and 2 young South Americans
2 young South Americans believe one is Dario .. both have deals agreed but since then agents are holding up completion over fees and part ownerships .. but he believes they will be done
1 deal was near completion a European do not know a name or nationality.. could have said it was Collins as he is European .. Eire is in European Union.. but did not know nothing about him
Stopped posting once over flack received but was asked by a lot on the mix to post what I hear
I will continue to post if you do not like it Block me .. easily done
In defence over Lobo and StLuke they have never said ITK just post whats told them
Please ignore the doubters and post what you can.
Thanks

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I 100% agree that Moutinho is not simply a defensive player and that is my point. He is able to contribute much more than that and also has the ability to read a game. That said, I wouldn’t disagree that he has sat much deeper in many games over the last two seasons.
Not sure therefore why we would compare his goals and assists to an attacking player who as I say offers nothing defensively or positionally and cannot read a game.
I personally enjoyed watching us much more with with Jota and Jimenez up top and would much prefer a more flexible formation to switch to not only a back four at times, but also a front two. I hope we are bringing in one or two more additions to allow this to happen.

With the formation, our midfield can't really go and get goals and assists as they need to sit a bit more as they're in a double pivot on their own.

Look at teams that play similar formation to us.

Chelsea have Jorginho with 6 goals but take Pens, Kovacic and Kante With 2. They have a better return on assists but play with a more narrow front 3 and score more goals then us which I think is a big reason why, while also being fantastic players.

Brighton very similar story no CM with over 3 goals and similar assist to Moutinho and Neves.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had Kilman and Neves who I would say our two best outfield players last season. Form and performances drop massively when they're out.

Jonny played okay, not up to his old level and started really slow but it's expected. Semedo was really good last season the is a drop off.

Toti looks lively but I'm not getting too excited just yet.

We all know how good Adama is at dribbling and getting into crossing situations and creating shots for himself. We all know most his crosses and shots are normally poor, that seems to be the end of his debate even though off the ball he's very poor and my main issue with him.

Put it this way, he's apparently available for £10m yet to our knowledge not a single team has bid for him. In an era when £10m for an average squad player in the premier is probably seen as a good price.

Maybe we didn't create chances because Hwang is ****e (Well on the wing he is, slight hope playing as a striker he might be useful back up) and Trinaco is one of the worse deals we have done in the premier league. That shouldn't be used to hype up Adama.
The £10m has come from Footyinsider who are less credible than The Sun. Is it also possible that those teams know he won’t join them as he’s already turned Leeds down once and they’re a worse team now.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £10m has come from Footyinsider who are less credible than The Sun. Is it also possible that those teams know he won’t join them as he’s already turned Leeds down once and they’re a worse team now.

But if he's that good, surely top 6 teams would be interested in him on the cheap, especially off the bench with 5 subs. Yet nothing

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca would've told him to sit tight and then they'll sign him on a pre-contract in Jan.

Will be amazed if Adama goes to any other PL club.

The Spurs bid last year was our main chance of cash for him.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if he's that good, surely top 6 teams would be interested in him on the cheap, especially off the bench with 5 subs. Yet nothing

A top 6 club isn't necessarily interested, therefore he must be useless. Superb logic as ever Dan.

P.S. - Spurs were very interested in January but he turned them down and they moved on to other targets.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aren’t a better side with him, sorry.
Just in case anyone doubts, I've changed my signature so everyone knows it's my opinion.

And we aren't a better side with him. We become predictable, easy to play against and while occasionally he provides that necessary maverick streak, for me it isn't often enough or productive enough to warrant a big deal. I'd still keep him with Chiquino being out now, failing an offer we can't refuse.

Back
Top Bottom