Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well get 20% of the £10m that Sporting give Barca. Barca will then still own 50% of him of which we get bugger all.

Depends on how the contract was worded. Would be easy to make the 20% apply to 100% of his market value / economic rights, so that we would be due a further share when Barca sells the rest. Or better, that the 20% was paid now but based on 100% of his economic rights / implied market value, meaning that we would get 40% of his sale now.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re totally right.
But probably after the leagues, here and abroad had finished, players might have just wanted to relax with their families, go on holidays etc. and leave business until later.
Obviously Wolves would have preferred to get signatures on paper as fast as possible but they don’t drive the bus. There’s just too many people involved……other clubs, agents, lawyers, insurance, the target players and their wives, kids all having a say.
It must be very frustrating and demand every ounce of patience to wait…..and wait…hoping…..hoping…

And maybe the target player has the bleedin’ temerity to be considering bids from other clubs and what they might offer.
Hey Vancouver

You know Santa doesn’t exist right ;)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sporting think Trincao is only worth a 10m risk, do you think anyone would take a 10m risk on Traore?
He’s been deemed ‘worth 10m’ in the same way we bought Ait-Nouri for ‘10m’.
One is lauded as a master stroke, the other is an utter shambles.
Barca have rigged the deal to keep the most pennies in their pocket (which they desperately need), and screw us out of a million.

In the same way we’ve ‘screwed’ Angers, since Chelsea and PSG are sniffing around and being quoted £45m, at which point we’d buy out the other 10m, have paid 20m and be looking at a 25m profit.

There’s really no difference at all.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it won't. The loony fringe that frequents the Mix is not representative of the Molineux crowd

Really? Brighton at home last season was revealing. Also know plenty of people who dont post on this forum who are deeply unhappy with how this summer is going so far. Not just on this forum that there is a lot of frustration.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that…..get well soon. You fighting again soon?

You know about DAZN and FuboTv , right? DAZN not showing PL next season.

Just this second my wife finished watching Canada Womens vs Panama……she really into soccer now.
She loves Raul, very fond of Salah’s smile and Nuno without the scraggy beard and Son and Ronaldo….haha.
But when I casually mentioned the Canadian scorer tonight, Grosso, is cute, …haha…I was reminded that she could be my granddaughter :)
It’s all about Giulia Gwinn :)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Four players on £50k a week is £1.6m in wages over two months.

Not saying it’s a major reason, but if I were a financially minded chairman looking to stretch my finances I’d also probably leave signings until later in the window than sooner.

Also, a major cash flow benefit in getting your loanees and released players out early but your signings in later. We could be talking about a near £3m benefit by doing this.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is at least in their mind.

Trouble is leaving it to the last minute looked a very poor decision last summer with our deadline day shambles last summer window.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d guess because we’d only get it on the first sale.
Like everyone else here I don't know the details but if we have 20% of his value, Barcelona selling half of him for £10million still values him at £20million.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
False equivalence, doubt the slave had the opportunity of a shining knight, whereas there's every chance we could find "better" owners, maybe/maybe not but not out of the question.
Well I hope you are right, but I have seen very few examples that convince me the risk is one worth wishing for and the use of the phrase " find better owners" is exactly what I was implying with the slave analogy.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say Silva has gone as it doesnt look like he featured in the friendly today and Cutrone played in the second half as the striker and assisted for Chiquinho's goal.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been deemed ‘worth 10m’ in the same way we bought Ait-Nouri for ‘10m’.
One is lauded as a master stroke, the other is an utter shambles.
Barca have rigged the deal to keep the most pennies in their pocket (which they desperately need), and screw us out of a million.

In the same way we’ve ‘screwed’ Angers, since Chelsea and PSG are sniffing around and being quoted £45m, at which point we’d buy out the other 10m, have paid 20m and be looking at a 25m profit.

There’s really no difference at all.
Except they wanted us to pay £25 million and then sold him for €10 million immediately.

StLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
i don’t post on here any more it’s too intense. Everything will be okay. It’s not a shambles. Signings incoming. I fully expected Lage to be out by the end of last season but fair play for backing him against the noise from certain quarters. And they will back him

Madmalc

Reaction score
You complain we sell our academy players for peanuts, so simple question how many have made it and you think could now add value to the first team and if none what's your point?
The point is confidence.
If your academy club has no confidence in you no one else will. It could take years to overcome that blight. Best to pay for someone else's caste off.
Save money do away with academy.
It hasn't been run to produce first team regulars for the best part of a decade.

MontyR

Reaction score
Saul's gone back to Atletico from Chelsea. Looks disheartened at the minute and can't find any form.

Wouldn't be opposed to taking him on loan if we're moving away from a 3 atb. Reckon a good deal could be found there with an option to buy. His instagram post was nice too. Seems to be a player just wanting to find his form again and I reckon a club with less external and internal pressure might be the place to do it. Already knows Raul too.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like everyone else here I don't know the details but if we have 20% of his value, Barcelona selling half of him for £10million still values him at £20million.
Quite possibly.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point is confidence.
If your academy club has no confidence in you no one else will. It could take years to overcome that blight. Best to pay for someone else's caste off.
Save money do away with academy.
It hasn't been run to produce first team regulars for the best part of a decade.
So mere non-evidence based wild speculation on your part, surely at least one would have had the confidence to progress.

Stourwolf

Reaction score

Not saying it’s a major reason, but if I were a financially minded chairman looking to stretch my finances I’d also probably leave signings until later in the window than sooner.

Also, a major cash flow benefit in getting your loanees and released players out early but your signings in later. We could be talking about a near £3m benefit by doing this.

Absolutely does make sense.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don’t post on here any more it’s too intense. Everything will be okay. It’s not a shambles. Signings incoming. I fully expected Lage to be out by the end of last season but fair play for backing him against the noise from certain quarters. And they will back him

I don't know if you know anything or not, I just hope you are right.

I would like to believe that they have plans, and money to back them up, they are just waiting for other deals to fall into place.

I don't care what anyone says they are not stupid, the know everything about the players we have - things we will never know.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What is 3 million in the grand scheme of things.
We just paid Barcelona £5 million for not signing Trincao....

A financially minded chairman would of course also know the financial benefits of finishing higher up the table, therefore knowing its important to get in players early to make sure we get of to a good start.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fine in principle but only if you are sure you can sign all your targets later in the summer, and the selling clubs are happy to carry their wages for no cost to Wolves. If I were a selling club and Wolves wanted my player, but not for 2 months, I’d add that to the fee and then Wolves would be no better off. Worse in fact since you lose the benefit of pre season.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We very rarely loan out our academy players to championship clubs, even when we do we'd rather pay XXm for someone else's academy caste off who has played in a lesser league than the championship.
Those that do well at Championship clubs get loaned out again immediately as they're not wanted/trusted by the club manager..
We had 4 in the Championship last year! All of them played well and were getting plaudits too! Fosuns aim was to build up the academy and it won't happen over night. Having said that though there are plenty of good youngsters coming through already, evidenced by 4 players in the Championship last year!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
B
What is 3 million in the grand scheme of things.
We just paid Barcelona £5 million for not signing Trincao....

A financially minded chairman would of course also know the financial benefits of finishing higher up the table, therefore knowing its important to get in players early to make sure we get of to a good start.
Take it they didn't have to give us anything for not signing Traore tho!

Madmalc

Reaction score
We had 4 in the Championship last year! All of them played well and were getting plaudits too! Fosuns aim was to build up the academy and it won't happen over night. Having said that though there are plenty of good youngsters coming through already, evidenced by 4 players in the Championship last year!
That's why I don't expect any transfers in may be after 4/5 years of p******g off so many hopefulls we will get a golden generation.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But how many points might that cost us.

Playing devil’s advocate: I’m a Chairman controlling the controllables. No guarantees if we do sign a player(s) it automatically converts to points. Whereas planning how much I spend and when I spend it is something I can control.

Also where we finish in the league, yes will benefit us, but is v hard to predict and not completely in our hands. We could finish up with a record points tally but a poorer position owing to how other teams perform.

I get it. As a fan we want early signings and preseasons to bed in. If I’m a business man I’m probably not too bothered about that, I just want to (seemingly) do just enough to keep those PL cheques rolling in each year.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Passing on what I've heard...

There is money to spend and that will be proven beyond doubt in the next 7 days.

Source not proven, but certain things I've been told have later appeared as rumours, so I'm hopeful it is true.

Have just asked if I can still be confident this is true (7 days is now 4 days) and was told simply "Yep".

Wish I had more to say but that is literally everything.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have no idea whatsoever if that's true you're just assuming and you maybe correct, but you DONT KNOW if we're signing anybody so you shouldn't say you do.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing devil’s advocate: I’m a Chairman controlling the controllables. No guarantees if we do sign a player(s) it automatically converts to points. Whereas planning how much I spend and when I spend it is something I can control.

Also where we finish in the league, yes will benefit us, but is v hard to predict and not completely in our hands. We could finish up with a record points tally but a poorer position owing to how other teams perform.

I get it. As a fan we want early signings and preseasons to bed in. If I’m a business man I’m probably not too bothered about that, I just want to (seemingly) do just enough to keep those PL cheques rolling in each year.
Problem is EPL games are not controllable and a poor start can lead to a poor season, players reluctant to sign and missing out on Europe or even relegation.
My main gripe is poor PR from the club. All they have to say is that they are working on it (if they are or not).

Back
Top Bottom