Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
And Silva through the door makes 9 players out.Any chance of anyone coming the other way ?????

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The countdown has begun before we see reports linking Ramos with <insert top six team here> ?

Meanwhile a convenient link of Wolves with him takes the heat off Scott and Jeff from Wolves fans over the Silva loan, and drums up interest from other clubs.

Not that I’m cynical, just a script I’ve seen play out too often recently.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would make sense, Ramos has great potential and already a full season under his belt in Benfica’s first team where he scored 8g + 4a at only 20y/o. If Mendes can sort us a loan with option that would be ideal, both him & Fabio look really good together playing for Portugal U21s.

I also like Henrique Aruajo from Benfica a lot too.
Strong, good first touch, can head the ball, and above all, he can finish. Would be a great signing. Would like to see him up front with Silva, but maybe next year

Of course it won't happen. We can't afford him and others will beat us to it before we get round to making a bid.

ballboy#2

Reaction score
Ugh, Ramos reminds me of a Portuguese John McGinn, facially, in a couple of pictures. Now I've seen it I can't unsee it. Terrible.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not watching any more videos.
I refuse to watc.........
**** me look at that finish.
He'd look nice in old gold.
I'm having his name on the back of my shirt.
Maybe a tattoo of his face after he bangs in 20 goals this season and fires us to the champions League.

Fabrizio: Ramos is happy where he is until a big team make an offer.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Said a while back, maybe in the previous thread that got closed, but Goncalo Ramos would be an outstanding buy, really drives at players.

Would love him here.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some random account linked him to us weeks ago. Then said maybe a couple weeks ago he was sold

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
That is a lot of money for someone not that much more experienced than Fabio.
He’s played over 30 games for Benfica and scored 11. Played 18 for Portugal under 21’s, scoring 14 goals..

Fabio on the other hand… played 12 games for Porto and scored 1 before we signed him. Has since only scored 4 goals for Wolves. 6 goals in 8 for Portugal u21.

Slight difference…

D

Deleted member intdint

I really don't get people saying this. He has just had an effective season playing as either an inside forward in a 343 or second striker in a 352. And i would say there's a good arguement he could have done the role Lage wanted Trincao to do in the 352 as atracking midfielder.

Imo (using current squad) if we had a fluid front 3 of Neto, Raul, MGW it would work well, and would compliment each other. It's a whole other ramble, but would like us to try 2 strikers with a 10 behind, even with 3 at the back.

He fits our system as well as anyone, but needs to be playing in order to do so

Whilst nothing can be proved; i feel we'd have been better off with him ahead of hwang and trincao last season, especially after a good preseason.

The 2 years left on his contract is an issue, and the ball is kinda in his court. Had he played last season maybe this wouldn't be an issue right now. Whilst you can't guarantee anyone's place, for me, he starts, and we should be trying very hard to keep him

MGW would be a liability in the center of midfield, so we have two options, play him as a second striker as you suggest, or play him out wide like he does with England.

As a right winger, in our system of counter attack he would not suit at all, we require players to be able to move from defence to attack very quickly and dynamically, I have seen nothing in all my years of watching MGW that he would succeed in that role.

When talking about playing him as a second striker, do we currently have the squad to play that system? I think not.

I think in a team with more possession he will succeed, Arsenal have been looking at him.

He gets dispossessed quite easily when looking to receive frontal balls into his feet, doesn't protect the ball very well and is sometimes quite wasteful when out wide.

6 months into this current Wolves side, his confidence will have gone, crowd be on his back and his value halved.

25m for a player with two years left, doesn't want to be here and hasn't proven himself in the Prem is incredible business.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goncalo Ramos is a really talented young player, a loan to buy would be a good deal for us.

I believe he tends to play just off the primary striker though so would perhaps indicate a move to some sort of 442?

He can play a bit deeper off a main striker too. Lage liked a 4411 at Benfica and maybe he wants him in the Joao Felix role

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
How many of those 9 were first team players. Those that we are going to miss??
I said the other day many were options in the event of injuries ,loss of form and suspensions .We are running out of alternatives ,notwithstanding our total lack of addressing our shortcomings

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I said the other day many were options in the event of injuries ,loss of form and suspensions .We are running out of alternatives ,notwithstanding our total lack of addressing our shortcomings
Spot on. The squad is threadbare and that’s the big problem.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly, mate!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is a lot of money for someone not that much more experienced than Fabio.

Not much more, but still probably more first team ready now.

He’s a year older than Fabs. So a loan to buy works perfectly.

Fabio plays most of the season on loan and comes back a year older, a year wiser and more equipped for the PL.

If Ramos does really well, we spend the money on him and probably move Raul on. If not, we send him back and Fabio comes back in.

It’s a way of improving our squad for next season, protecting our investment in Fabio, but with no immediate cost to us.

Works well all round. Especially if Anderlecht get through their Europa playoff and Fabio gets some European game time too.

Back
Top Bottom