Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see conceding one goal in 2 games as dreadful.

Would be very concerned if we had got hammered.

We are lacking a focal point clearly, Jimenez injury whilst unlucky has exposed our lack of depth but we look solid defensively bar RAN I would say.

Hopefully Jimenez doesn't miss any more time and we get a backup and I'm relatively optimistic.

Any team would miss their star striker.
1 point from those two fixtures is pretty dreadful, imo. But yes hopefully having a focal point will improve things.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like someone finally took of Spiers’ leash …

“But the logic in allowing Silva to go (albeit on a loan move he needed and, given he’s already scored four goals in five matches, a move which could prove to be the proverbial making of him) before a replacement was sourced is to be questioned. Silva didn’t find the net last season but he occupies spaces, distracts centre-backs and can play with his back to goal in a manner no one else can right now. Wolves have foregone their sell-to-buy approach and found the money to purchase an expensive Gestifute client and another Portuguese forward, but is there joined-up thinking in their recruitment strategy? Are Scott Sellars, Jeff Shi, Lage and Gestifute all working cohesively to secure the right targets at the right time? The next few weeks will be telling.

Fosun chairman Guo Guangchang and a Gestifute entourage including Jorge Mendes and his lieutenant Valdir Cardoso were all at Molineux on Saturday and saw Wolves’ familiar shortcomings in front of goal for themselves.

The squad is starting to look stronger, Wolves are playing some good football and there could be further additions to come while Lage tries to make the new formation really click. But it won’t click until they have a striker in their team. It’s an oversight that really needs rectifying.”
Aaah, reading just this could have saved me reading the last 18,000-odd posts on here ;)

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1 point from those two fixtures is pretty dreadful, imo. But yes hopefully having a focal point will improve things.

Hard to say tbh, Fulham had a good result Vs Liverpool and Leeds have a whole new team.

Everyone's discounted them yet they could well end up up there.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see conceding one goal in 2 games as dreadful.

Would be very concerned if we had got hammered.

We are lacking a focal point clearly, Jimenez injury whilst unlucky has exposed our lack of depth but we look solid defensively bar RAN I would say.

Hopefully Jimenez doesn't miss any more time and we get a backup and I'm relatively optimistic.

Any team would miss their star striker.
You mean 2 goals conceded in 2 games

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“But the logic in allowing Silva to go (albeit on a loan move he needed and, given he’s already scored four goals in five matches, a move which could prove to be the proverbial making of him) before a replacement was sourced is to be questioned. Silva didn’t find the net last season but he occupies spaces, distracts centre-backs and can play with his back to goal in a manner no one else can right now. Wolves have foregone their sell-to-buy approach and found the money to purchase an expensive Gestifute client and another Portuguese forward, but is there joined-up thinking in their recruitment strategy? Are Scott Sellars, Jeff Shi, Lage and Gestifute all working cohesively to secure the right targets at the right time? The next few weeks will be telling.

Fosun chairman Guo Guangchang and a Gestifute entourage including Jorge Mendes and his lieutenant Valdir Cardoso were all at Molineux on Saturday and saw Wolves’ familiar shortcomings in front of goal for themselves.

The squad is starting to look stronger, Wolves are playing some good football and there could be further additions to come while Lage tries to make the new formation really click. But it won’t click until they have a striker in their team. It’s an oversight that really needs rectifying.”
Tim has spoken freely since leaving the E and S imv. Good article.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim has spoken freely since leaving the E and S imv. Good article.
We has Raul last season, albeit out of form. We can get another striker in, which we must. But it still won't solve our lack of goals unless others start to contribute and the team shows more intent in getting into the opposition penalty box.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nail on the head Tim. He’s fair in his attack, but he’s spot on. Only gripe I’d have is his implied dig around signing Guedes and him being a Mendes client. Subtle but clearly a dig at our relationship with Mendes.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this the transfer thread..? Think i chose the wrong door.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nail on the head Tim. He’s fair in his attack, but he’s spot on. Only gripe I’d have is his implied dig around signing Guedes and him being a Mendes client. Subtle but clearly a dig at our relationship with Mendes.
Yes it's just Tim back on his favourite hobby horse of swiping at Fosun / Mendes really. Not sure why people would want to pay to read what they can read for free on here.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The striker situation needs solving before Saturday. Can't go in to a game against a side like Spurs without a recognised striker in the 11 or at least on the bench.

The fact it's got to this point already is borderline farcical.

It's looking likely we will.... I don't like it either...

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's looking likely we will.... I don't like it either...

Every game that passes is a game we potentially throw away points (I realise that technically that's the same every week, but when you play a system dependant on a striker, you need to have one ready to go).

In the process, the team creates chances they don't convert, they lose games they shouldn't lose (as was the case at Leeds) and they don't take full points when they should (as was the case on Saturday).

We could potentially be 1 point from 9 on Saturday evening, when we *Could* have been 4 from 9 at worst.

I am more confident now than I was a couple of weeks ago that things will happen, but the fact they haven't already is negligence.

The fact we've had to turn to Jorge says everything it needs to about Scott Sellars.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Im sure things are happening and deals will be done

I would like to think so too,

However I feel we all look outwardly at others doing business and how quick it seems to be done in the public eye.

I understand quality takes time, but it's been 5 weeks since Fabio went, sure Guedes on paper is a good player but isn't a striker

Think it could be a bad few weeks with no new signings in.

Patience is a virtue, however the decision being made are questionable

Yet we need to make chances and put them away striker or not and a striker then enhances that

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Every game that passes is a game we potentially throw away points (I realise that technically that's the same every week, but when you play a system dependant on a striker, you need to have one ready to go).

In the process, the team creates chances they don't convert, they lose games they shouldn't lose (as was the case at Leeds) and they don't take full points when they should (as was the case on Saturday).

We could potentially be 1 point from 9 on Saturday evening, when we *Could* have been 4 from 9 at worst.

I am more confident now than I was a couple of weeks ago that things will happen, but the fact they haven't already is negligence.

The fact we've had to turn to Jorge says everything it needs to about Scott Sellars.

There are reasons... apparently. I don't agree with most of the rationale, but then... I don't get a say.

It's as if we've accepted to play by certain terms that will benefit us longterm, but sometimes to the detriment of here and now. Things will be addressed... I hope we don't regret this start yo the season.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The striker situation needs solving before Saturday. Can't go in to a game against a side like Spurs without a recognised striker in the 11 or at least on the bench.

The fact it's got to this point already is borderline farcical.
Farcical because we dont need Podence, MGW, Traore or Hwang alongside Neto and Guedes.
For me two of these could easily go.
It feels like we are collecting football postcards !
Open the cigarette packet and hey ! we have another winger/striker for the album .

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There are reasons... apparently. I don't agree with most of the rationale, but then... I don't get a say.

It's as if we've accepted to play by certain terms that will benefit us longterm, but sometimes to the detriment of here and now. Things will be addressed... I hope we don't regret this start yo the season.

What reasons?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even on that he’s right though. Perhaps buying Guedes makes sense if we sell Traore and MGW. Otherwise a centre forward and midfielder would seem to be much greater priorities.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Farcical because we dont need Podence, MGW, Traore or Hwang alongside Neto and Guedes.
For me two of these could easily go.
It feels like we are collecting football postcards !
Open the cigarette packet and hey ! we have another winger/striker for the album .
Christ, folk complain when we have cover and haven't got cover

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Reasons like what? Clauses? Contracts? Club situations?

Back
Top Bottom