Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we're actually after him. Its just a bit unrealistic, I think we're being used as a stalking horse by agents.
I agree
I believe we originally interested but he wants a bigger club
Thats fair enough,and i think we ended our interest weeks ago

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really need to be getting to the stage with this Nunes if we are after him that we say are you coming or **** off .
You massively overestimate our attractiveness as a club. If we took your stance we'd sign no one (we'd have lost Guedes as an example) - and then you'd blame Shi and Sellars no doubt....

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes is still there number one target with ramos

The traore/Hwang/bat is encase it doesn’t happen

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose when every top 6 club has turned him down… he’s more likely to stay at sporting this season than come to wolves imo
Probably depends what he sees as a better stepping stone to where he wants to be. Sporting have champions league which is a plus, but playing in the prem is also surely desirable.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

As reported by Fabrizio Romano, Marseille striker Bamba Dieng will leave Marseille soon after being deemed surplus to requirements by new coach Igor Tudor, who criticised the player for supposedly becoming unfit over the summer.

Romano reports that two Premier League clubs are keen to sign the Senegalese international with Marseille setting a €15m asking price to allow the 22-year-old to leave the Velodrome this off-season.

It’s unlikely Newcastle are one of those clubs, despite being interested in January, as the Magpies reportedly won’t reignite their interest in Dieng this summer as they look for better options. Freiburg were also interested in the player last month but were only willing to offer €8m. La Provence had recently reported that Dieng had decided to stay at OM and fight for his place, that now seems unlikely.

Bamba turned down a chance to join Fenerbahçe in January with Brighton, Burnley and Newcastle also interested at that point.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Probably depends what he sees as a better stepping stone to where he wants to be. Sporting have champions league which is a plus, but playing in the prem is also surely desirable.
Yes true but he’s already got the interest of top clubs not like jota neves Neto when they first came to us

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we 3 parts of the way to achieving all of our objectives in the transfer window.

Sign a centre back and remove the back 3 ...done
Sign a wide forward who can score ...done ..

Sign a number 8 who can carry the ball ...still to do Nunes top target..
Sign a physical forward to take pressure off Raul...still to do...

To achieve all this we haven't had to sell Neves , but we have sacrificed our captain....Nunes our top target is still a possibility cause he hasn't got a big move.... although we have a big Net spend at the minute, the rabbit in the bag to make Nunes happen, could be the sale of Gibbs.....so we are still in play , I would suggest .

The forward option may depend on Nunes and maybe a loan like say batshuayi if we get Nunes.....

Back up plan will be 2 cheaper played for each position I reckon

If things fall right in the next few weeks, we could be on for a fantastic window ...hold our nerve....no need to panic..

If we get Nunes for me it's statue time for Jeff ....

Last edited:

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not 100% convinced Nunes will ever come to Wolves - He's clearly destined for bigger things.

The bigger transfer bods (Athletic & Romano, namely) are adamant there has been no contact between Liverpool/City & Sporting and they're not going in for him either.

The links are mainly coming from Portugal, so could this be Sporting trying to hurry SOMEONE (Wolves?) along a bit, to get a sale done?

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's rumoured to be on less than 10K a week at Sporting. He'll be on the move, don't worry about that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes true but he’s already got the interest of top clubs not like jota neves Neto when they first came to us
But apparently not enough to warrant a move for him yet. I do think there’s a scenario where Wolves become the more attractive stepping stone if none of the big six are willing to make a move now. That’s possibly how we have left things and may be willing to wait a little longer before moving for a backup option.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But apparently not enough to warrant a move for him yet. I do think there’s a scenario where Wolves become the more attractive stepping stone if none of the big six are willing to make a move now. That’s possibly how we have left things and may be willing to wait a little longer before moving for a backup option.
£30m deadline day offer with a £60m release clause and he'd sign in an instant. I know we'd want more for him but it gets that job done for this season and turns a profit - assuming he turns out to be as good as he appears.

Reaction score
Typically players get offered a new contract in situations like this, so I guess it will depend what sporting offer him and the clauses that allow him to leave

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We knew about Man City's interest in RAN a month ago along with another couple of Premiership sides.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate tact is required, if you were in charge of a group of hostages negotiation, the poor buggers would all have a bullet in their heads .
You know it bud . The poor buggers been the negotiators as no ****ing about get in and get the job done . You dither you die :)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't somebody on here say before that the Nunes deal could happen late (something about a cut-off date as well)? Like Guedes, it's probably contingent on other clubs that are interested in him. If we actually did pull Nunes off, in addition to Guedes and Collins, that's an incredible window. Add Batshuayi on loan or similar, then for me it would top our transfer window coming back into the PL.

Back
Top Bottom