Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of last season I made a list of players that may leave or get loaned out if we due for a rebuild.
They were Hoever, Marcal, Jimenez, Podence, Trincao, Boly, Silva Hwang Saiss and Dendonker
So Coady ( and Ruddy ) is a big surprise but with the world cup it is understandable.
I did expect 6 replacements , so still waiting.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cherki mentioned on here earlier and on twitter this evening by a wolves fan
You mean mentioned on Twitter because he was mentioned on here earlier?! Same as the second signing being from France mentioned on Twitter because Dan mentioned it on here earlier

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The suggestion is that Cherki will join Real Madrid on a free next year. Club "he's always dreamed of."

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

At the end of last season I made a list of players that may leave or get loaned out if we due for a rebuild.
They were Hoever, Marcal, Jimenez, Podence, Trincao, Boly, Silva Hwang Saiss and Dendonker
So Coady ( and Ruddy ) is a big surprise but with the world cup it is understandable.
I did expect 6 replacements , so still waiting.
We don't need 6 replacements that is silly.
2 more quality first team starters in the obvious possessions would be fine .

TWOLF

Reaction score
Anybody know if there’s anything in the Cherki link? People seem to think he’s the second signing on Twitter.

Not seen anything solid apart from his name being mentioned. Might be 1 person mentions him and then other just name him as well.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It cant be silly, we would have lost 10 players on my thoughts.
As it is we have lost 7 important players to date. And if you recall we had a small squad before losing that 7.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know if there’s anything in the Cherki link? People seem to think he’s the second signing on Twitter.

Not seen anything solid apart from his name being mentioned. Might be 1 person mentions him and then other just name him as well.
It kind of fits the Wolves signing profile..

Young, last year of contract (I think) and his club want cash. I wouldn't be surprised.

Not sure he's done enough yet to get a Madrid move.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It cant be silly, we would have lost 10 players on my thoughts.
As it is we have lost 7 important players to date. And if you recall we had a small squad before losing that 7.
7 important players????

Saiss
Trincao
Marcal
MAYBE Silva at a push (but didn't score etc)

I completely agree that replacing them with Collins and MGW isn't good enough yet. I actually have faith in the 'yet' now though!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

3 more needed along with Guedes in my opinion. Out and out no 9, central midfield player and wing back for the squad and send Bueno out on loan.
3 more could very easily mean the other players are of lesser quality.

Starting quality players the key, depth for a club our size means mediocre players. You need to be lucky outside of the 6 to have a top 8 season.

We were freakishly lucky with injuries our first two seasons which played a big role

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think our squad last year was big enough to lose 7 players and gain 3 ?
That is beyond silly.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 more could very easily mean the other players are of lesser quality.

Starting quality players the key, depth for a club our size means mediocre players. You need to be lucky outside of the 6 to have a top 8 season.

We were freakishly lucky with injuries our first two seasons which played a big role

Pretty obvious though that we need another central midfield player, an out and out striker along with Guedes. I'd also argue we need another full back in the squad as we have let a lot of our full back cover go and with Jonny having had 2 serious knee injuries in 18 months, Semedo with 2 recent hamstring injuries and Bueno probably not ready I think we need anther full back in the squad. I also feel if someone like Boly was to leave we would need to move for a centre back. I'm not convinced by Mosquera or Gomes at present.

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
Those clowns on the Sly Sports transfer show claimed this evening that the most recent bid from NFFC for MGW was actually £25m plus £17m in add ons (£42m total). Apparently the word is that Wolves want £50m.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the face of it though, as much as some moan about the club for their inactivity, the leaving players have saved us nothing but wages whilst the 2 incoming players (as it stands presently) are costing 47m. It doesn't appear the owners have abandoned us as we sometimes believe - with more players to come it seems.

I suppose we need to set our minds back the the days of the Morgan and Moxey and the loan signings of Sagbo, Danny Graham, and permanent signings such as Nathan Byrne (who?) and other such tosh, and then count our lucky stars.
"We sometimes believe"??? Some of us sometimes believe surely! There are a few of us on here who begged to differ...

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those clowns on the Sly Sports transfer show claimed this evening that the most recent bid from NFFC for MGW was actually £25m plus £17m in add ons (£42m total). Apparently the word is that Wolves want £50m.
I’m amazed anyone watches it anymore.

In the next breathe will be selling Neves for £40m. They make it up as they go along

Kennedy

Reaction score
I’m amazed anyone watches it anymore.

In the next breathe will be selling Neves for £40m. They make it up as they go along
I used to love Sky Sports News, like 20/25 years ago but I just can't watch it now.

Maybe on deadline day and that's it for the year. It's utter blamange for the brain.

Am I getting old or has it gone massively down hill???

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s perhaps what Forest Mgt want fans to think…

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to love Sky Sports News, like 20/25 years ago but I just can't watch it now.

Maybe on deadline day and that's it for the year. It's utter blamange for the brain.

Am I getting old or has it gone massively down hill???
Previously it was news. Now it’s just tabloid nonsense. They only talk about certain teams, ‘smaller’ teams only get a look in when it’s about the big six taking one of their players. It all done to get people to bet on sky bet.

Loved Soccer Saturday back in the day, but now I don’t watch.

Back
Top Bottom