Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I really like MGW and would love him to stay. But £40m and a quality replacement already secured makes it fully understandable.

I was very critical of the lack of depth on the bench we put out yesterday but Guedes is a bit of a statement of intent and Fosun and the recruitment team (and Jorge) deserve credit for getting that over the line.

Really pleased with the 2 players we have brought in. A striker and 1 or 2 midfielders and we’re just about there.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harlaand = £50m, MGW = £40m

The world has gone completely mad.

We should push to get as much (if not all) of that up-front as possible. They seem utterly desperate. Then we can queue up to offer our services to drive him there...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we replace MGW with Guedes, we still need another attacking midfielder/forward to play in the 3 behind Raul imo. We need options. As things stand, we could be going into the Fulham game with a smaller squad than Leeds.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd guess, 30m over the length of the contract and then add ons

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
£40M, was looking forward to seeing exactly what MGW would offer this season but if true that's madness and has to be accepted.

Hopefully the Guedes fee is what we were hoping to use on Nunes so if MGW does go we have a nice bit of money to bring in a central midfielder, attacking midfielder and striker.

I see Werner is on his way to Leipzig, maybe Andre Silva might be available? I know probably dreaming but that kind of striker and Nico on loan from Barca and it turns into a very good window

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
£40M, was looking forward to seeing exactly what MGW would offer this season but if true that's madness and has to be accepted.

Hopefully the Guedes fee is what we were hoping to use on Nunes so if MGW does go we have a nice bit of money to bring in a central midfielder, attacking midfielder and striker.

I see Werner is on his way to Leipzig, maybe Andre Silva might be available? I know probably dreaming but that kind of striker and Nico on loan from Barca and it turns into a very good window
We've been after Andre Silva far longer than Guedes but we've signed Guedes so there's still hope we'll see him (Andre Silva) in a Wolves shirt, maybe not today or tomorrow or even this transfer window but hopefully in the near distance future.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£40m for MGW after a decent Champ season? Ludicrous, funds the rest of our transfer window. Drive him there myself etc etc.

Hope we've got a midfielder in before Fulham.

Wolf_Words

Reaction score
B70EA66F-EA5B-4594-8E16-2F04AAAB7F28.jpeg
After the Guedes move, I do think going back to the Gestifute/Jorge Mendes client list is a good way to guess who we might look at. André Silva and Nico Gonzalez really do look like the obvious ones on there who might move this summer.
We've been after Andre Silva far longer than Guedes but we've signed Guedes so there's still hope we'll see him (Andre Silva) in a Wolves shirt, maybe not today or tomorrow or even this transfer window but hopefully in the near distance future.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have accepted 5-7m for MGW back at the start of the window. In my opinion, based on what has achieved, that’s broadly what he was worth.

When I first saw figures of 20m being bandied about, I couldn’t get my head around it. Then 25, 30, now 40.

I’m sorry but if true this is the most ridiculous transfer in football history. We have no choice but to accept.

Would have loved to see him succeed here, don’t get me wrong, but this is pretty much Neves territory. Can’t be true.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simples. we save the wages for now. use them for another player, then when or IF he comes back we sell him again. Sorry but it is not rocket science. Not been rude, it is pure maths

If he's on 70K p/week, that's just over 3 million a year.

What player would we be able to but for that stunning amount? And let's not forget the new signing might expect a salary too...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harlaand = £50m, MGW = £40m

The world has gone completely mad.

We should push to get as much (if not all) of that up-front as possible. They seem utterly desperate. Then we can queue up to offer our services to drive him there...
Plus another £50m in agents fees

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yay another multiple pages of comments based on a random tweet

20 years plus in the digital age and some folk still haven't quite managed to grasp it

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to rain on everyone’s (and my own) parade - but is there a legitimate or respected source saying we will get 40m for MGW?

As that would be ****ing stupid.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems obvious that the real push behind Coady's departure is his own wish to ensure he gets to go to the World Cup in 3 months' time. It is an unusual situation and has probably had a great influence on what players have been content to stay at a club and what players have been keen to find a club ASAP. It's probably played into our hands with Neves, but with Coady it's gone against us.

In a non-World Cup year, he probably sucks it up, tries to fight for his place and continues to show that he is a leader behind the scenes, at least until January comes around.

Against the backdrop of potentially missing out on being part of a World Cup for probably the only time in his life, it's not very surprising that he is keen to depart, especially when he has a suitor in his home city.

Agree.
And for a player like Coady, I think it's better to fulfill his wish than play hardball.
I understand there can be no sentiment in football and all that.
But Coady to me is an exception. He's played his heart out for this club and given everything on and off the field.
I am for him to get this move, and some more time with his little family.

NickJohnG

Groupie
Reaction score
I would have accepted 5-7m for MGW back at the start of the window. In my opinion, based on what has achieved, that’s broadly what he was worth.

When I first saw figures of 20m being bandied about, I couldn’t get my head around it. Then 25, 30, now 40.

I’m sorry but if true this is the most ridiculous transfer in football history. We have no choice but to accept.

Would have loved to see him succeed here, don’t get me wrong, but this is pretty much Neves territory. Can’t be true.
Second most ridiculous transfer in football history.

We’ve trumped it.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wouldn’t that be a good development opportunity though?

Thought it would make sense.

Then again, if Coady is going we’ll be light at the back
I can see the benefits of a loan for the player but I wouldn't want to leave us that short at the back. I love boly but I think we've seen his best come and go.

Back
Top Bottom