Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As much as I want MGW to stay £40m is insane...

He's good but not that good and sadly has to be sold...

Forest have lost the plot...
We have Forest over a barrel in terms of a negotiating position.

The owner has personally taken over getting this transfer done, his ego is getting in the way of common sense.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we might disagree on the definition of "recent". However, since your original post didn't specify a time period regarding our 'rubbish' transfers, I simply chose 10 from the last decade.

Here's 10 quality acquisitions from my era. Bert 'the cat' Williams, Malcolm Finlayson, Eddie 'chopper' Clamp, Ron Flowers, Eddie Stuart, Jimmy Mullen, Peter Broadbent, Roy Swinborne, Bill Slater and Johnny Hancocks.

Yes, we could both easily put together a 'top 10' rubbish transfers, selecting different players. But IMV to say we're rubbish at transfers is really OTT.
Ten since Fosun took over more to the point...

Although who is Patricia??? Predictive text l assume....

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£40m?! That has to be bs. Surely?!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
40 million is tremendous. This is more to do with forest being erratic than anything else.

The positive is we have already signed the replacement.

CM and ST still to go. Possibly 2 strikers?

The coady deal I cannot get over. Absolutle idiocy from wolves. Even if we sold for 15m with staggered payments .

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone tell me please Coady gone, MGW possibly goes . Who have we signed for the 2/3 positions we needed before they left ?

40 million ridiculous. But I suppose Porto were ****ing themselves when Fabio went for 35 million. The only difference is they had far better players abd he was nowhere near the 11 . MGW started at weekend and we had **** all on the bench . Fabio doing well on loan but so did MGW .

I hope they get this right or Fulham game I will predict chanting against the board and Fosun as it's ridiculous

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can someone tell me please Coady gone, MGW possibly goes . Who have we signed for the 2/3 positions we needed before they left ?

40 million ridiculous. But I suppose Porto were ****ing themselves when Fabio went for 35 million. The only difference is they had far better players abd he was nowhere near the 11 . MGW started at weekend and we had **** all on the bench .

I hope they get this right or Fulham game I will predict chanting against the board and Fosun as it's ridiculous

I'll confidently state there will be no anti Fosun chanting at the Fulham game. Probably a few crap attempts at new chants though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree we don't want proven English premier league players or an English championship player with 12 goals a d 10 assists when we can **** 50m up the wall on Nunes with no more that 5 goal contributions in each of the last 2 years. Albeit they were achieved in a much higher league than the Prem.
You just have to be a WUM.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

40 million ridiculous. But I suppose Porto were ****ing themselves when Fabio went for 35 million. The only difference is they had far better players abd he was nowhere near the 11 . MGW started at weekend and we had **** all on the bench . Fabio doing well on loan but so did MGW .

Guedes is the MGW replacement.

In truth that's maybe the one area we have decent options - and because you can change things. We went 4-2-3-1 but in the future you could go 4-3-3, so only two of Neto, Traore, Guedes, Podence & Hwang will ever be needed.

Of course, we still need at least one centre-midfielder and a striker, maybe a defender as well.

However, Guedes for a MGW who hasn't signed a new deal + profit = very good business.

T

TheConcourse

Can’t get my head around this. £40m.

He’d have to become elite for that deal to make any kind of sense. Absolutely bonkers from Forest. Totally irresponsible ownership for a player who has a lot to do to prove he even belongs at this level.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** it for £40m get it done. I can understand MGW reluctance to sign a new contract, but £40m (or near enough) for someone with less than 2 years on his contract and with limited PL experience is too good to pass on.
Absolutely how l see it. He remains unproven at the top level. That sort of fee puts all the risk on them.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replying to myself here, the drink was talking yes but after the announcement today I may have to reign in such pessimism. Still need a couple more but it's a step in the right direction
Lol i was seething last night but hopefully we see some incomings now , tbh Leeds away was probably the hardest first game we could of had in our current state with their hostile crowd , bounce from staying up was like that of a promoted side ….

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we’re not.
Two 7th. place finishes, a 13th and a 10th.

In the toughest and fastest league in the world, you don’t achieve that with bad transfers.

We have been mainly dependent on the initial transfers that took us to 7th. Out of the main ones since - Semedo, Fabio, Hwang have been lacklustre and just not up to the level of Raul, Neves, Jota etc etc even Podence is hot and cold, never fully convinces. It looks like whatever drove the initial 3 seasons of excellent transfer, dried up totally after Fabio. I think Ait Nouru was signed the same window as Fabio and Semedo. Decent signing, but yet another development project - as we all saw yesterday.

Sa another decent one but don't the laws say you have to play a keeper? So they had to sign one, no choice. If only the laws said you had to play a genuine striker.

Without signing players of the level of those 3 mentioned above (and Jonny, Moutinho, Boly, Neto, all signed ages ago) , we are mathematically certain to fall far short of those 7th place finishes. 19 and 20 year olds may be solid Premier League players 5 years from now (some of them will fail, as well), but that's no use to us now. Season after season of lower half struggles while we operate as a player trading business.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Guedes joins. I've never been a huge fan. Hope I'm massively wrong

I still hear MGW is going despite what the club is saying. Maybe I'm hearing it from people who don't know but they've been very on the ball previously
I think MGW and Coady go and Guedes and a new midfielder with a striker with an option comes in.

Can’t see how we can finance the players we need without it.

That would address the problems we have and balance the squad.

Then again, l have been wrong many times before trying to second guess this lot

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is this why we pulled the trigger on Guedes? The offer had come in 40million, we’ve “accepted” and then gone straight ahead and given Valencia what they wanted for Guedes?

Back
Top Bottom