Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oooh, 16,000 posts on this second thread, and we have one first team signing.

Bet we have more than one in the next 16,000 ;)

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m surprised there is no rumour or idea of Traore being part of a deal for Guedes?
Assuming Traore wants to be back in Spain?

Maybe they dont want him or he feels he is too good for them.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the accounting treatment has any relevance as we aren’t running for profit purposes, self sustainable will be around cashflow so it’ll be the structure of the deals that’s relevant above all else I’d imagine.
Am i right in thinking that say we sold coady and Gibbs white for a combined 50 m we could then buy 5 30m players and that would in effect cost 30m per season if they were all on 5 year contracts ? As we seem to make approx 20m per season we would then make 40m in profit next year covering those 5 players 30m for the following season and if we sold someone else obviously gives even more revenue ? If this is the case as long as you run the club correctly and keep being able to sell the odd player at a profit a club can be run well without having to have an owner with deep pockets

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Am i right in thinking that say we sold coady and Gibbs white for a combined 50 m we could then buy 5 30m players and that would in effect cost 30m per season if they were all on 5 year contracts ? As we seem to make approx 20m per season we would then make 40m in profit next year covering those 5 players 30m for the following season and if we sold someone else obviously gives even more revenue ? If this is the case as long as you run the club correctly and keep being able to sell the odd player at a profit a club can be run well without having to have an owner with deep pockets
With FFP you can yeah but we already take cashflow loans each year to cover salaries like a lot of Prem clubs do, so it isn't as simple as following that

ParkieWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
West Ham were quoted £8m for Coady, Everton are desperate with the £12m bid, club should push for more but likely won't because of Coady pushing heavily for the move.

TWOLF

Reaction score
Even if the sale fee is paid in instalments?
Ye how it works is if you sell a player for £20m and they sit on your balance sheet at £10m at the time of sale you make a £10m profit on disposal that goes straight to your P&L (counted towards profit).

If you are buying a players. Take Guedes for example if we pay £30m for him and he signs a £100k a week 5 year deal. What happens is £30m goes to your balance sheet and each year you amortise his value £6m (£30m/5 years). The amortised figure goes to your P&L along with the wages of £5.2m. Looks like Guedes will cost roughly £11m a year.

Add ons are a bit more difficult. You have to make make a judgment whether or not the player will actually meet the clauses.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do bring in Guedes and loan Batashuayi and he does well it might actually be a sign of a bit of planning ahead. If Batashuayi does well we could look to give him a longer deal as he'll be a free agent so with Fabio returning it would allow us to cash in on Raul, who will be 32, whilst he still has some value.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great stuff

A thought if we sold Coady and Gibbs white for 55 mill

Could we do
Guedes buy
Gonzales loan
Bat loan
Nunes buy
Ramos buy replace Mgw)
Hwang jo buy
Bundesleaga cb think he was Austrian

Wishful thinking maybe
Well, the last line was pretty accurate anyway

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want more links to midfielders, we need 2 in my opinion as that would give us 5 when Moutinho’s fit, with Hodge, Ronan and Cundle acting as second tier backup.

They may need to reduce the new player registration issue before he is allowed to go.
Should this happen I think it would be towards the end of the window.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£12m is probably about right to be fair, much as I’d like more - it’s more for his captaincy and being a top man than his football ability given that he can’t play in a 2 man central defence.

I’d rather let him go for that than make him sit on the bench and miss the World Cup

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In essence yes, but then in year two onwards you’d need to continue selling to cover the amortisation.

I wouldn’t worry about that anyway, we aren’t limited by FFP so profit/loss isn’t a defining point for who we can / can’t buy and sell.

I’d say we’re cashflow limited so it’ll be down to the deals we can do in terms of payment structures that will dictate how much we can afford to spend.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
An England international for 12m is a steal for someone, 20 mil+ is what I'd be wanting. But we'll spend well over 30mil for Guedes?? Don't get me wrong he probably is a top player but is he worth that much? We love over paying and selling cheap.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12 million would be an absolute steal for Everton, especially if they are playing a 3. They are getting one of the best sweepers in the league, who is also an excellent captain and organiser and more importantly for them will improve their culture and set standards. He's worth more than that, cant help thinking we are doing him a favour to get him a move after his service to us.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am absolutely fuming and upset by this.

This feels like the heart is being ripped from us.
This feels like it could be a mistake. We’ve given him no chance to get into the team in a back 4 and will be taking away a huge option if we do need stability after a bad run. That’s not even taking into account how much he offers us behind the scenes too.

He will have a huge impact at Everton in their back 3 as well.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we have enough dressing room leaders if Coady leaves?
Honest answer is know who’s. Coady has been front and centre for years and is probably more comfortable in front of the media but the dynamic in the dressing is unknown to us outside of it.

W

WasStefan

It’s hard, but it’s the right time for Coady and Wolves. £12m is about right for his age and position that he plays, and as a result the fact not many other teams could accommodate him.

With MGW staying and Wolves being overly stocked in defence and understocked in attack, Coady is basically a direct swap for Guedes.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am absolutely fuming and upset by this.

This feels like the heart is being ripped from us.
Nuno always talked about us creating and having an identity but we are losing it with the turnover of the key players that created it. Think about the likely scenario imo we don’t have Mouts and Neves this time next year and don’t think we will have one at all except for being a selling club.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s not going to play what should the club do? Bench him forever and ruin his World Cup dream?
For a start it ruins our flexibility and pretty much pegs us to 4 at the back forever.

Secondly if it is £12 million as reported it’s a joke.

Thirdly people are bound to be upset whether it’s the right decision or not, he is an absolute legend of this club, a leader and a brilliant bloke.

So rightly or wrongly I am fuming and I am
gutted.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neto, MGW, Guedes, Pod, Hwang, Bat, Jimenez, Adama: that would be eight players for four forward places, assuming we play 4231.
Got to assume that one of them - Adama if we want to keep MGW - is on the way out

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a start it ruins our flexibility and pretty much pegs us to 4 at the back forever.

Thirdly people are bound to be upset whether it’s the right decision or not, he is an absolute legend of this club, a leader and a brilliant bloke.

gutted.
It’s a big risk for the club.. as soon as things go wrong the fans will get upset, because Coady was a figurehead fans felt they could rely on. Always gave his best and was a great captain, of a great era.

I can see the other side though.. he needs to play and Wolves perhaps need to move on from that back 5 if we want to score more goals.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

gutted.
The leader / legend but I’m bang on side. I just got my daughter the new shirt with Coady on the back. Doh.

But o don’t buy it means we can’t play a 5. Kilman could play there.

£12 mil says to me we respect the hell out of you and won’t ruin your season. See above legend comment.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto, MGW, Guedes, Pod, Hwang, Bat, Jimenez, Adama: that would be eight players for four forward places, assuming we play 4231.
Got to assume that one of them - Adama if we want to keep MGW - is on the way out

Has to be Adama because he simply doesnt want to stay here unless we pay him a ridiculous amount of money which he just isnt worth.

Back
Top Bottom