Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Today proved they wouldn't get any game time.
Recruit managers who.like small squads and then let them complain the squads too small. Whilst they don't make substitutions..
Sounds like excuses
They would if they were good enough.

Let’s be brutally honest here. Any midfielder worth his salt, should be expecting his name to be second on the sheet for selection. Imo, other than Neves, our midfielders don’t have what is required at this level to be permanent fixtures.

Mouts and Donk, are fine as squad players and occasional starters but neither compliment Neves and both have too many weaknesses in their game. Admittedly, Mouts is because of age but he is not mobile or physical enough.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you wrote this yesterday morning so i am not having a go but the leeds match showed selling to buy is *******s. We have to buy a couple or we will be playing in the championship next season
It's not my choice, it's what the club are telling us.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember folks, the “1 in, 1 out” scenario doesn’t work in that way.

If we sell MGW for £35m it doesn’t mean that that £35m has been spent on Guedes, for accounting purposes.

We amortise Guedes’ signing over the length of his contract (say 5 years). So in reality if we sell MGW for £35m and Sign Guedes for £35m, we’ve only used £7m of that £35m this year.

Money coming IN goes straight on the books as a lump sum. Money going OUT is amortised over contract length.
That's assuming we're restricted by FFP, we aren't.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not my choice, it's what the club are telling us.
I keep seeing this Rincewind but I don’t recall ever actually seeing it on anything official from the club. Not saying you are wrong but would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My take on all the links is that Guedes and Bats are live ones, Ramos was an early knock back we’ve moved on from, and Belotti has been sitting on an offer for a while and the club are moving on.

These are all good players. Would be happy with any of them. BUT we need two midfielders in the door.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My take on all the links is that Guedes and Bats are live ones, Ramos was an early knock back we’ve moved on from, and Belotti has been sitting on an offer for a while and the club are moving on.

These are all good players. Would be happy with any of them. BUT we need two midfielders in the door.
Exactly.

No good with all of this without anyone in the middle of the park.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady apparently said he is signing for Everton.

Disclaimer - no idea how legit this source is.

IMG-20220807-WA0000.jpg

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a little bit of ambition we could have signed Mitrovik from Fulham last season for not a huge amount we would have won yesterday with him.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happened with Boubacar Traore? That one looked like a goer.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it makes sense. Barca need money to register players. Offer them £20m and hope united don't come for Neves
I think loan with option and pay his wages that allows Barcelona to bring in players. Keep Neves for this season to bed him in and use him as part of the Neves deal next season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think loan with option and pay his wages that allows Barcelona to bring in players. Keep Neves for this season to bed him in and use him as part of the Neves deal next season.
Or try to use Traore as part of the deal if he still wants away ...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Great stuff

A thought if we sold Coady and Gibbs white for 55 mill

Could we do
Guedes buy
Gonzales loan
Bat loan
Nunes buy
Ramos buy replace Mgw)
Hwang jo buy
Bundesleaga cb thing he was Austrian
We don't need 7 new players, that's an absurd amount.

We'd than have 6 CBs, 3 FBs, 4 STs, 5 wide forwards, 5 CMs. That's the size of squad champions league teams have. In fact we'd have more depth up top and at CB in terms of bodies than Liverpool and City do.

Would have loads of players not playing.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great stuff

Could we do
Guedes buy
Gonzales loan
Bat loan
Nunes buy
Ramos buy replace Mgw)
Hwang jo buy
Bundesleaga cb think he was Austrian

Wishful thinking maybe
No, because Nunes is about 35m and Ramos and Guedes 25m each, let alone the others

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great stuff

Could we do
Guedes buy
Gonzales loan
Bat loan
Nunes buy
Ramos buy replace Mgw)
Hwang jo buy
Bundesleaga cb think he was Austrian

Wishful thinking maybe
Very wishful I think.. maybe 3 of those.

Back
Top Bottom