Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The mendes carousel,

so mmm james rodriguez

ugarte (not that sporting would let him go)
braganca (again why target nunes, when braganca is still a good player)

There are a few others on there, take your pick

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The newspaper then draws attention to something curious, which may not have any impact on the transfer, but is still interesting.

Wolves and Sporting are set to play on the 30th of July in a friendly in Portugal. It’s said officials from both clubs should meet before the match, as ‘institutional formalisms’, and Nunes is expected to perform in front of directors from the Premier League side.

worked with collins didnt it (here is dreaming)
I think it’s going to depend on his chosen act for the performance in front of our directors. Karaoke? Juggling? Magic?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, he’s terrible in a box to box role - he can’t dribble, only passes backwards, can’t shoot and can’t create. He does run a lot though.

Interested in what way he’s tactically smart though?
He's gash end of. He's bang average at everything. If we can move him on we should do so.

Madmalc

Reaction score
He isn't a goal scoring midfielder. You seem to have it wedged in your head that he plays as a 10 behind the striker or something.

He's a CM. His job is to move the ball around for creative players. Not score goals or get assists.

Not often I stick my neck on the line on places like this - but you're so painfully wrong I'm going to have to assume you're a WUM.
Agreed he isn’t a goal scoring midfielder, he's probably less of a goal scoring midfielder than Donks, but they're asking 50m which is ridiculous for a team that now needs a striker. It's not that we were poor in defence last year and will probably be better this year without anymore incoming.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we thinking Jeff Shi has taken some time off while Sellars watches the players/coaches train in Spain?...

In all seriousness all gone a bit quiet again hasn't it really thought we would have a striker in by now to replace Silva at least!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was me hoping we might be above Brentford in the pecking order of the world.

There's probably more to that pecking order than mere club size and status. We're no doubt a bigger club, but not that much bigger that it overrules all the things appealing to him in Brentford, such a lots of fellow Danes, a Coach that he likes and trust and who gets the best out of him,and of course not least the glamour of living in London.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hundreds of new posts since I last checked... hurray! About time the links started appearing...

Oh, it's all about Donk.
Haha…..
I wake up this morning and since you’re 8 hrs. ahead, I quickly check to see if anyones signed. But all I got was about 5 pages on Donk…….and more Donk……and even more Donk…..
Last week it was pages and pages of MGW.

( not a complaint……just saying, is all).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on, we have no idea what's been agreed. This is getting really silly.

To be fair my point is a striker should have been signed before or immediately after Fabio. To leave us with only one recognised no9 in the squad just over two weeks before the season starts is very poor in my opinion. If Raul picks up a knock its Hwang or a winger upfront. Not good enough for an established Premier League side in my opinion. Respect you have your opinion but mine is we are far too slow off the mark with transfers and it cost us after this January's window and last summers window and could well cost us again this window if we arent careful.

Maybe we will sign someone in the next 7 days and fair play if we do but I'm not holding my breath after recent transfer windows and how they have panned out.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe anyone is questioning Donks running, I thought he was consistently towards the top of the stats in the Premier league for ground covered. He also gets into some excellent attacking positions but his quality around the box isn't very good. Also his tackling is fine. There are a number of things you can question about Donk but some of the comments are just plain wrong.
CM is our weakest area, to get rid of one of our most experienced players in that position would be criminal imo.
His tackling is really poor. He used to nick the ball from between opponents feet quite consistently well, but it's almost like the game has become too fast for him.

Getting up and down the pitch I agree he's ok, but his finishing is dire and he can't tackle. When playing at the back, his anticipation is really poor too - in the one or two games Bruno braved him there, he frequently made very basic errors like misjudging the flight of the ball.

To those who think Dendoncker is a scapegoat, I disagree. If Neves or Moutinho had bad games last season, people called it. Nobody blamed Dendoncker for mistakes other players made - that's a scapegoat, like when Dave Jones blamed Lee Naylor for the Bolton defeat, he called out Naylor specifically. Most people complaining about Dendoncker on here don't single him out, I've not seen anything like that since O'Hara and Johnson

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously does anyone know what exactly our transfer team actually do on a daily basis?

I would love to know.
Feed so-called journalists lots of 'exclusives' about how Wolves 'must sign 160k a week goal-machine' and other such tittle-tattle...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it pretty obvious why things have stalled a bit.....we haven't sold anyone......even Bruno said the first outgoing would start the ball rolling......30m ish net spend maybe the max.......we need to generate a few funds I would suggest....apart from Vinagre out we haven't got any in.......hwang n Collins in........we've probably lowered the wage bill a bit which may allow a couple of loans.....but even then we may need to remove the likes of cutrone off it......

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it pretty obvious why thinks have stalled a bit.....we haven't sold anyone......even Bruno said the first outgoing would start the ball rolling......30m ish net spend maybe the max.......we need to generate a few funds I would suggest....apart from Vinagre out we haven't got any in.......hwang n Collins in........we've probably lowered the wage bill a bit which may allow a couple of loans.....but even then we may need to remove the likes of cutrone off it......
i hope its not outgoings and its more focus on preseason, lets see. other clubs are quiet while they are on preseason tours to

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it pretty obvious why thinks have stalled a bit.....we haven't sold anyone......even Bruno said the first outgoing would start the ball rolling......30m ish net spend maybe the max.......we need to generate a few funds I would suggest....apart from Vinagre out we haven't got any in.......hwang n Collins in........we've probably lowered the wage bill a bit which may allow a couple of loans.....but even then we may need to remove the likes of cutrone off it......
Think you maybe correct, why the decison in January to commit to buying Hwang is so unbelievable.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think you need to sack your source off mate

Latest they are saying is that it's become almost impossible to get any information at all the last few days... but still believe we are chasing a CM and CF as well as youths. Deals may be done and not announced... though that part makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom