Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Elokobi Wan

Reaction score
After losing to Arsenal, didn't we beat Spurs and Lecicster without him?

Lost to Arsenal again and west ham, who are both better then us. But then beat Watford, Everton and Villa, while also somehow losing to Leeds after what I still think is a dodgy red card.

But now with Neves out injured after the Leeds match. We lose to Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton. In the Brighton game we already had Kilman hurt in training and now Semedo out injured for the rest of the season.

Neves comes back for Chelsea game and we get a draw. Lose to man city playing Chiq right wing back and Jonny RCB.

Draw to Norwich after they sit back all game and rip Coady apart, which he ended up getting taken off at half time.

Lost to Liverpool after being 1-0 up, then Neto went off injured, then Sa went off injured at 1-1. With Ruddy in goal and no Neto we lost 3-1.

We didn't get **** in the second half of the season because we lost Adama. It's because we lost Neves, Semedo and Kilman who along with SA all up there for players of the season for us.
Whether this is true or not I think Adama still helps us. He definitely doesn’t hurt us. If he stays I’d be happy. If he really really wants to go then I’d be fine if he were sold.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute garbage

He was on fire with Jimenez with the previous system

Bruno changed the system with wing backs going round the outside .

I despair sometimes at some peoples observations
I despair when people say he was absolutely on fire with jiminez , jiminez just learnt he would hang balls to the back post because other than doing that his crossing is mostly awful !! Jota and jiminez were fire , totally agree with the original post , we played some great football prior to traore and having him in the side made us inferior from day one as it’s too easy to look for him and let him run !! Not even sure why people still want this discussion when the guy clearly doesn’t want to be here anyway ..

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After losing to Arsenal, didn't we beat Spurs and Lecicster without him?

Lost to Arsenal again and west ham, who are both better then us. But then beat Watford, Everton and Villa, while also somehow losing to Leeds after what I still think is a dodgy red card.

But now with Neves out injured after the Leeds match. We lose to Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton. In the Brighton game we already had Kilman hurt in training and now Semedo out injured for the rest of the season.

Neves comes back for Chelsea game and we get a draw. Lose to man city playing Chiq right wing back and Jonny RCB.

Draw to Norwich after they sit back all game and rip Coady apart, which he ended up getting taken off at half time.

Lost to Liverpool after being 1-0 up, then Neto went off injured, then Sa went off injured at 1-1. With Ruddy in goal and no Neto we lost 3-1.

We didn't get **** in the second half of the season because we lost Adama. It's because we lost Neves, Semedo and Kilman who along with SA all up there for players of the season for us.
I should have phrased it better, I don’t think the results dipped in particular because Adama left, but I’d have certainly liked him there when I was bored to **** against Newcastle, Norwich, Burnley etc and he may have helped us out of our own half at Arsenal.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I despair when people say he was absolutely on fire with jiminez , jiminez just learnt he would hang balls to the back post because other than doing that his crossing is mostly awful !! Jota and jiminez were fire , totally agree with the original post , we played some great football prior to traore and having him in the side made us inferior from day one as it’s too easy to look for him and let him run !! Not even sure why people still want this discussion when the guy clearly doesn’t want to be here anyway ..
They literally combined for the most goals in the league

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he didn’t though
He absolutely did. In the Chamionship our wider Forwards played a lot narrower. In the first season in the Premiership we started well, dipped and then went on a great run as we played 3 in midfield and Raul and Jota up front. Jota is far better centrally than out wide. The following season Traore came into the team after not being in it the previous season and Jota and Traore played as genuine wide men. This persisted for a season and a half. Jota was far less effective out wide, hence his poor league goal return. He played centrally when we played in Europe and scored a hat trick after coming on centrally. This change of shape was to accommodate Traore. He is inflexible, he has to be told what to do. If you watch Podence and Neto play they will interchange positions and are far more dynamic. Traore has to be told to swap wings.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He absolutely did. In the Chamionship our wider Forwards played a lot narrower. In the first season in the Premiership we started well, dipped and then went on a great run as we played 3 in midfield and Raul and Jota up front. Jota is far better centrally than out wide. The following season Traore came into the team after not being in it the previous season and Jota and Traore played as genuine wide men. This persisted for a season and a half. Jota was far less effective out wide, hence his poor league goal return. He played centrally when we played in Europe and scored a hat trick after coming on centrally. This change of shape was to accommodate Traore. He is inflexible, he has to be told what to do. If you watch Podence and Neto play they will interchange positions and are far more dynamic. Traore has to be told to swap wings.

100%. Jota’s best form for us was either as a narrower inside forward or as out and out striker. He and Jimemez linked brilliantly, and Raul is also better with a partner closer to him.

Nuno changed the team back to 343 in his third season. And in fairness this was largely because it suited both Traore and Doherty. But it made Jota less effective for us.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s really strange the hatred people have for Adama that they make stuff up.

He has to be told to swap wings? Sorry - are you sat in the dugout listening to the managers? A lot of the clips of him are when he gets the ball and runs through the centre of the pitch

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has to be told to swap wings? Sorry - are you sat in the dugout listening to the managers? A lot of the clips of him are when he gets the ball and runs through the centre of the pitch
What hatred? Where or when or by whom?
I might have missed it but I have to ask, are you sure?……..really sure?

And make stuff up?……Who does?
Are you sure?

R

reanswolf

What hatred? Where or when or by whom?
I might have missed it but I have to ask, are you sure?……..really sure?

And make stuff up?……Who does?
Are you sure?
In discussion terms, yes its clear some people on here clearly don't like Traore, and hate to see any positives about him.
Perhaps its like marmite - you love or hate him playing in your Wolves side.
Which is fine, football arouses high emotion and its just about opinion.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed . Sick of the negative energy towards him.

Same people that think coady is undroppable and not the root of our issues

Absolute garbage

He was on fire with Jimenez with the previous system

Bruno changed the system with wing backs going round the outside .

I despair sometimes at some peoples observations
The irony is strong here fellas!!! :)

Hatred? Wow. Strong word. I just don’t think he’s very good.

Anyway, let’s hope for some more good news this week, before we all lose our minds even more.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not a name that makes me jump with excitement but depending on the fee, it could be a very clever signing.
He is able to cover a lot of ground and had the most interceptions of anyone last season.
While I think Brownhill might well be a good signing, there's some doubt about the Twitter account 'breaking' the story. 23k followers but they look to me like the followers you can buy at a fiver for a thousand...

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is if we pass on £10m and we pay him his wages of £2m for the season and we then we lose the current value of him on the balance sheet of ££3.6m (£18/5 years) it means for one season we have effectively spent £15.6m on him. That not far off 10% of our turnover and roughly 7 positions in the prem. i don’t think he’s worth that.
You still pay wages for someone if you replace him so you can’t factor wages in.

Anyway, sounds like a 50/50 split on here. I’m not fussed either way. If we get a good price £15m+ then happy we sell , or if he knuckles down and we have a better striking option then I’m good with that.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In discussion terms, yes its clear some people on here clearly don't like Traore, and hate to see any positives about him.
Perhaps its like marmite - you love or hate him playing in your Wolves side.
Which is fine, football arouses high emotion and its just about opinion.
Ok.
If you have seen posts about hatred, ( ie, NOT dislike or criticism ), about Adama, then I admit I missed those.
And the same for ‘making stuff up’.

Please read the post I was responding too for context

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just took a look at the stats from last year in case I was missing something. Nope. 9 goals were scored by us with Adama on the pitch last season. 3 of those in that 15 minute spell against Villa. Where does this myth that he makes a massive difference come from? I just don't understand it. We are without question a better side without him and it seems fairly obvious why no team actually fancies him as a starter because he is a very limited footballer without the football. A bigger club could take a flyer on him as an impact sub but he is never ever a regular starter at a top half club.

Yet topped shot creating actions for our players, and by a distance at the time we loaned him out. He was our biggest creator by far

Shot Creating Actions (per 90 mins)*

Traore - 50 (4.22)
Jimenez - 42 (2.43)
Trincao - 27 (2.59)
Podence - 25 (3.22)
Hwang - 12 (1.1)

*as of 10th Feb, just after we'd let him go

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for summer transfer window thread #4 now this one has been hijacked by the interminable Traore debate
Good idea but first, spare a kind thought for the mods who finally have a respite now that Collins has signed.

Seriously, how do the mods not get burned out? Absolutely incredible amount of patience.
Reading all the posts, across all the threads……Jesus christ.

most of the threads I don’t even look at but they have to …….crickey.
………………

Ok, raise a glass or show even a glimpse of appreciation to Molineux Mix.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Speaking of making things up, what an over exaggeration saying there is a "hatred" for him. Utter nonsense. Some people just don't rate him as highly as others do. Lets face it, he's just a decent premier league player, nothing more. He's capable of brilliance, he's capable of playing like trash and sometimes all in the same game.

If he was as bad as some people think he is, he wouldnt be in the premier league, and if he was as good as some people like to think he is, scores of teams would be knocking down our door to sign him, especially at the price they could get him for currently.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking of making things up, what an over exaggeration saying there is a "hatred" for him. Utter nonsense. Some people just don't rate him as highly as others do. Lets face it, he's just a decent premier league player, nothing more. He's capable of brilliance, he's capable of playing like trash and sometimes all in the same game.

If he was as bad as some people think he is, he wouldnt be in the premier league, and if he was as good as some people like to think he is, scores of teams would be knocking down our door to sign him, especially at the price they could get him for currently.
Which transfer is this?

R

reanswolf

Ok.
If you have seen posts about hatred, ( ie, NOT dislike or criticism ), about Adama, then I admit I missed those.
And the same for ‘making stuff up’.

Please read the post I was responding too for context
All I am saying is why pick on semantics, people don’t always use precisely the most appropriate terminology, football is emotive and it can almost seem that posters ( including me) love or loathe players at times. Some comments I have seen about him being “brainless” for instance, are extremely derisory.

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Monaco are very close to signing Embolo from Monchengladbach. I wonder if that's the domino that drops in order for us to get Ben Yedder.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although there have been no reports of clubs being in for him whatsoever

Any chance people can give the Traore stuff a rest until there’s at least a tenuous link?

Why? He's a player we are willing to sell, his contract is running down and there are links to Everton for a start. Its a thread to talk about all sorts of transfers. No need to give anything a rest.

Belfast Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Briefly mentions us as interested in Metz midfielder Boubacar Traore.
Think we were linked with him last summer towards the end of the window

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Josh Brownhill being linked on twitter

Agree.adama is one of the most exciting players I have seen at wolves..I would love him to stay and sign a contract.

Back
Top Bottom