Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know who or what the new ITK thing is about but just to say, people don’t get annoyed by posters actually sharing information, it’s the ones who claim to know something but then say they can’t actually post the detail. That just comes across as attention seeking
Firstly, not all people get annoyed however some do genuinely seem to believe that it’s impossible for anyone on here to be ITK, as though thousands of posters with a link to the club may not also in some way know someone who actually does have some inside information here and there. There are a couple who will shut down anyone who merely suggests they may have been told something.

Also, to your point about the attention seeking, what if they have been told into but can’t share full details without risking exposing the person who told them as being a leak? If I had a mate who worked at wolves and got snippets (I don’t) I’d be tempted to over up bits of info where I could but I wouldn’t be posting every word they say as they only need to be caught out by one deliberately duff bit of info to be exposed as the person who’s passing info on.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
25m for Gibbs White is unreal business for us.

doesn’t fit our system, two years left on contract.

Get him gone
I really don't get people saying this. He has just had an effective season playing as either an inside forward in a 343 or second striker in a 352. And i would say there's a good arguement he could have done the role Lage wanted Trincao to do in the 352 as atracking midfielder.

Imo (using current squad) if we had a fluid front 3 of Neto, Raul, MGW it would work well, and would compliment each other. It's a whole other ramble, but would like us to try 2 strikers with a 10 behind, even with 3 at the back.

He fits our system as well as anyone, but needs to be playing in order to do so

Whilst nothing can be proved; i feel we'd have been better off with him ahead of hwang and trincao last season, especially after a good preseason.

The 2 years left on his contract is an issue, and the ball is kinda in his court. Had he played last season maybe this wouldn't be an issue right now. Whilst you can't guarantee anyone's place, for me, he starts, and we should be trying very hard to keep him

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So in the end, Enzo could’ve joined up with us now if we ended up bidding and accepting his request to stay till the Libertadores end. lol

This episode is our current transfer strategy summed up in a nutshell.

We could have signed Sanches, Vitinha and this lad, but because they may have missed a few games we refuse to compromise even an inch.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, not all people get annoyed however some do genuinely seem to believe that it’s impossible for anyone on here to be ITK, as though thousands of posters with a link to the club may not also in some way know someone who actually does have some inside information here and there. There are a couple who will shut down anyone who merely suggests they may have been told something.

Also, to your point about the attention seeking, what if they have been told into but can’t share full details without risking exposing the person who told them as being a leak? If I had a mate who worked at wolves and got snippets (I don’t) I’d be tempted to over up bits of info where I could but I wouldn’t be posting every word they say as they only need to be caught out by one deliberately duff bit of info to be exposed as the person who’s passing info on.

If you’ve heard we may be signing say Cristiano Ronaldo then say that. No one’s expecting the full details and timings etc. You don’t have to divulge where the info came from. Basically I’m saying there’s a difference between saying

“Not sure if it’ll happen but I’ve heard we’re looking at x”

To

“Heard from someone who knows someone who would know that something big is happening and if it comes off it’ll surprise people”

Which leads to loads of guessing and dm’s with people pretending to know when they could have just said the name in the first place

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone slightly in the know ( ish ) or passing on genuine snippets gets vilified, best to keep it to DMs

I don't understand this whole thing. Like, if you have heard something and want to share, then go for it. They'll probably be idiots that kick off if it doesn't happen but who cares about some people on the internet having a go.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More signings or potential signings arond us that you feel could do the job at cut budgets

Gunners to secure bargain Grimaldo deal?​

Benfica full-back Alex Grimaldo remains on Arsenal's radar and could be available for a cut-price £6m with his contract winding down, according to The Sun.
The 26-year-old left-back - who came through the ranks at Barcelona's famed La Masia academy - is tied to the Portuguese club until next summer.

Sheffield united getting Anel (CB) for 3m

Oliveira off to Galatasaray for £4m

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
musings are that MGW has rejected the contract offer and is open to going elsewhere, who knows maybe we counter offer something bigger and better

Unfortunately I've been saying this all summer. Last thing I heard he was still very set on leaving but that was weeks ago now.
If he won't sign a new deal it's a lose/lose situation

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
musings are that MGW has rejected the contract offer and is open to going elsewhere, who knows maybe we counter offer something bigger and better
Why .. we have offered improved contract and he clearly is looking to move
Would like him to stay but if he wants to leave then goes with my best wishes

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely agree more i guess we could offer, if he wants to go and someone bids 25m plus he will be off in no time,

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get why people get so defensive over people questioning the legitimacy of an "itk claim" on here, if I posted a tweet on here from a twitter account with a handful of posts and 30 followers claiming something about Wolves it would be immediately shut down as an unreliable source or a kid with too much time on their hands.

On here it is viewed the other way as if it is wrong to question it and that we should all blindly believe everything because the individual is on here and can read the replies. If I was a new member on here with 30 posts and 3-5 of them were itk claims I certainly wouldn't be expecting people to blindly believe me so I would anticipate potential negative responses especially during such a toxic transfer window as this one, if it was genuine then I would post it as I would fully believe it to be true and it either happens or it doesn't, should it come off you then have credibility for any future snippet of info you receive, if it doesn't you rightfully stay like most on here as a "non-itk".

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm now pretty sure he isnt looking to move, but he's not going to sign a contract until at least January to see if he's getting game time. If he's sold, its more going to be down to Fosun not waiting around and losing value like with Adama.

R

reanswolf

Passing on what I've heard...

There is money to spend and that will be proven beyond doubt in the next 7 days.

Source not proven, but certain things I've been told have later appeared as rumours, so I'm hopeful it is true.
I hope that is right mate, boy do we need some positive news to lighten the gloom.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you accept Wolves offer when they've shown nothing at giving him a chance, like it or loathe it, MGW is in the right here, unless you'd sign for something despite having seen no guarantees or any changes that forced him to leave for first team football?

More and more I am kinda convinced it was a perfect storm for the Nuno years, both on the pitch and off, and they've yet to come near to capturing that again.

R

reanswolf

Agree 100% with that, waste of a shirt
I know people think he (Donk) is just a scapegoat, and at times he has played well, but increasingly he has been just that. I can't help but think how good Neves would be with a better midfield partner.

Is it too much to ask that a midfielder can pass, shoot, tackle or run with the ball?

I personally feel that this weakness has held us back from progressing for two seasons now. Your engine room is the key component, and ours is certainly weak overall, despite the technical greatness of Neves. As a unit, even with Moutinho, they are just not combative enough to control large chunks of a game. After 20 minutes, the midfield battle is regularly lost.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Realistically we aren’t going to be signing anyone, and it will be a couple of unheard of players who come on loan to buy options that probably play for someone like Benfica but not in the first team.
Unfortunately those who think we are in for a big overhaul are sadly mistaken. Think next season you’ll see Lage go after probably 10 games and then the panic button will be hit.

Not being pessimistic but more realistic as this is where we are at unfortunately at the moment, with the owners more conscious about building out e-sports teams and the brand and hoping we survive in the Premier League long enough.

With the Metaverse and everything that is happening in the world (everything “e” based is almost more important to the future) Will the game be played by robots in 50 years? Who knows :)

Pretty much my current thoughts at this stage, nobody of real quality or experience will come in and I also feel that Lage will walk after a dozen games. Like him or not, Fosun are not backing him at all, our midfield needs freshening up and we still need another goalscorer up top to take the weight off Jimenez. It is all going to end in tears. Is it just penny pinching, downright incompetence or just hard to attract potentialy good players to come to Wolverhampton??

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a bola suggesting baro will go the other way for porto while almeida comes in for them

With the dismissal of Romário Baró (who can go to V. Guimarães in the exchange with André Almeida and Loum, SAD Porto reinforces the policy aimed at reducing the payroll of the squad with players who are not in the first line of choices of the coach.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I realise there is still time to do some business but I have given up hope of signing anyone of note.
I fear we will end up with one or two unheard of bottom end players or a couple of loanees.
I just don’t want to read/hear ‘We tried our best to get deals done but we couldn’t attract the right players ,money wasn’t the issue’

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were linked with Issa Diop a while ago, The Athletic is reporting Fulham have made two bids for him.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't get people saying this. He has just had an effective season playing as either an inside forward in a 343 or second striker in a 352. And i would say there's a good arguement he could have done the role Lage wanted Trincao to do in the 352 as atracking midfielder.

Imo (using current squad) if we had a fluid front 3 of Neto, Raul, MGW it would work well, and would compliment each other. It's a whole other ramble, but would like us to try 2 strikers with a 10 behind, even with 3 at the back.

He fits our system as well as anyone, but needs to be playing in order to do so

Whilst nothing can be proved; i feel we'd have been better off with him ahead of hwang and trincao last season, especially after a good preseason.

The 2 years left on his contract is an issue, and the ball is kinda in his court. Had he played last season maybe this wouldn't be an issue right now. Whilst you can't guarantee anyone's place, for me, he starts, and we should be trying very hard to keep him
Agree 100%.
And he also fits our system better than trying to shoehorn Dendonker into an attacking/ wide midfielder role

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm now pretty sure he isnt looking to move, but he's not going to sign a contract until at least January to see if he's getting game time. If he's sold, its more going to be down to Fosun not waiting around and losing value like with Adama.
Makes perfect sense. Stop it.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the issue for me is the confidence of the boys at the top running this **** show IMO. I mean if we went to sign Ronaldo we would sign the fat retired one compared to the one who is actually playing probably.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW played well preseason but instead we replaced him with trincao, who didn't play well almost all season. We were surprised when he went on loan.

That's looking like a very costly decision right now. He may or may not make it in the prem but if he was someone else's player we'd be totally up for signing him.

So yeah, I'll be annoyed because wolves haven't handled him well (looking from the outside). Last season should have been make or break, not a loan.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today is the day we will hear that Boly wants to add to his goal tally and Podence wants to be a creative influence this season.
Think that you mean Pod to increase his defensive contribution - more key defensive headers!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re an impatient bunch :grinning:

Still 4 weeks to go before the season kicks off. Lots of deals will be done beforehand and, no doubt, afterwards.

Yes, we have three who are uncertain about their futures: Traore and MGW, and one who doesn’t know if he will be sold, Neves. That can’t help preparations. But I’m sure we’ll have additions before the season starts. Not even our board can think we can go into another season with the same team, same manager, numerically weaker squad and expect better results.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s why we don’t get any decent rumours anymore.
What even is the definition of a decent rumour?

Surely if it’s fabricated made-up bull****, it’s still exactly that…..regardless of whether it’s plausible bull****…if indeed plausible is the definition of decent?

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nah mate, my postcode definitely starts with N1, not WV lol
I have relatives in N1, Popham I think. When our grandparents left Ireland, half ended up in Birmingham the other half London. Close call, I could have ended up a gunner.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have relatives in N1, Popham I think. When our grandparents left Ireland, half ended up in Birmingham the other half London. Close call, I could have ended up a gunner.
Popham? That sounds wrong. But, a narrow escape sir. Could be worse,you could have ended up a Spud!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just goes to show, it is all about opinions, and mine is that he is better than:
- Podence (who rolls around too much and is too injury prone and does not help out in midfield enough)
- Dendonker (when playing the hybrid midfielder/ wide right role)
- Trincao (who was supposed to be worth £25m, allegedly, but we decided not to sign him, enough said).
- Hwang (I will leave that there, although I do think we play him out of position so partly not his fault)

Lage said he wanted options and players who could offer something different and players who could play through the lines. MGW offers that, and we already have him.
Podence is a better player imo, period. Yes, he annoys the hell out of me with his theatrics but his football brain is in a different world to MGW. His output, whilst it needs improving, is better too. For a tiny lad he has very quick feet too, something MGW does not.

Dendoncker is a defense minded central midfielder, so I think a comparison either way is unfair.

Trincao is actually a good comparison. Similar age, similar place on the pitch. Yet even for his first season in the PL last season and the fact he was inconsistent and half bothered for most of it, he still managed more output in one season in and out the team than MGW has ever for us in the PL. Technically Trincao is miles ahead too.

Hwang, well, I don't think he is good enough either. But funny he should be brought up. How do we think he would fare in the Championship? I would suggest he would stack up the numbers for goals and assists. Which is kind of my whole point here.

We keep forgetting Morgan has never looked convincing for us in the PL. He had a brief purple patch playing in behind Jimenez and Jota in 2019-2020 but that is about it. I don't think he has the "quick thinking" required, always seems to take and need an extra touch and doesn't have the end product either. I do not think he is strong enough or physical enough to play in a central midfield (as he wasn't for Sheff Utd in the Championship) and I don't think he is good enough to play part of a front three.

We have stronger options in those positions and if a bid of £20m + comes in I would absolutely snap it off said club and hold my hand up high and say I was wrong if he does fulfil the potential some say he has.

All about opinions of course, but that is my view on Gibbs White.

Back
Top Bottom