Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree MGW is a flair player. The problem is in the premier league when you have spells of five or six minutes without the ball and you win possession you need to keep it. You do not want a flair player attempting some fancy flick just before the halfway line that returns the ball to the opposition. This is what I have seen from MGW. In the championship where a side against you returns possession regularly it does'nt matter but in the premier league it does.
Much better to not try and just pass backwards like Donk?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree MGW is a flair player. The problem is in the premier league when you have spells of five or six minutes without the ball and you win possession you need to keep it. You do not want a flair player attempting some fancy flick just before the halfway line that returns the ball to the opposition. This is what I have seen from MGW. In the championship where a side against you returns possession regularly it does'nt matter but in the premier league it does.

He can also create chances though. Raul and Podence also do the same, losing the ball with flicks. Adama loses the ball often too, sometimes even in our own half.

Why I say don't think of MGW as a midfielder but a forward or a final 3rd player. Like Bruno Fernandes or Ozil

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the more optimistic of us are getting slightly concerned that there’s not one new face in the club. Football teams don’t get better by stagnating

Too right. Rumour mill has totally dried up and it is really ****ing me off now seeing clubs like Southampton picking up good signings for relatively low fees whilst we sit here with diddly squat.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is in the last year off his contract....just like traore.....if we believe rumours, there best offer so far is 15m off Roma ....... Valencia ain't getting anywhere near that ...

If we can shift Adama and get a decent fee for MGW then he could be worth it. But winger isn't a massive need for me.

WufflerMuffler

Groupie
Reaction score
Spot on.. The Prem doesn't give you the ball back very often or very quickly, so give it to them - as MGW did sometimes - and you're in trouble. Odd that we should be quibbling about the guy's obvious talent/usefulness while at the the same time not managing, so far, to get Amazon to deliver even one player we didn't have before. Ebay?

Because I am a certifiable Wolves eejit, I predict this window will get us more and better than looks likely just now, (I mean, wtf are Crystal Palace?)
Come On Me Babbies! With four new uns.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can shift Adama and get a decent fee for MGW then he could be worth it. But winger isn't a massive need for me.
I think guedes could play the same role trincao played for us ...he could also play a double 8 as such in midfield....and can also cover up top....a false 9.....he would be a nailed on starter for me....and Gibbs probably isn't .... Valencia wont get what they want for him ...it's a deluded as us thinking we will get 20/25m for traore.......Roma apparently offered 15m euros plus players. Realistically if we sold Gibbs for say 22/25m...we could get guedes for that ...

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just popped back here to say hello!!

As predicted nothing to be seen yet! It will be August and possibly late August if at all.

In the meantime, continue as you are, talking about nothing, that’s a real gift. This thread is thriving, thriving on nothing, nothing but hot air.

It’s a bit like Peter West and chums on the box, when rain stopped play and they waffled on for hours about absolutely nothing!! Same as Jonners and Aggers Blowers and the boys on TMS !! Gifted!

Gentlemen I salute you, very well done, keep it going and I’ll be back in a few weeks when the actual business starts!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club should have looked at the recruitment team years ago.They have failed us. When do they pick up canny free transfer signings? We need someone with charisma to sell the club to players.

Agree. Why arent we targeting the German, Italian and French leagues? Clubs like Southampton and Brentford making clever signings. I see nothing from us at present to give me any confidence this recruitment team have got any sort of clue.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think guedes could play the same role trincao played for us ...he could also play a double 8 as such in midfield....and can also cover up top....a false 9.....he would be a nailed on starter for me....and Gibbs probably isn't .... Valencia wont get what they want for him ...it's a deluded as us thinking we will get 20/25m for traore.......Roma apparently offered 15m euros plus players. Realistically if we sold Gibbs for say 22/25m...we could get guedes for that ...

I'm not sure about him as an 8 but I think he could play off a striker or off the left. A similar way to MGW but more direct then flairy.

I think we just need to sell Adama. Hopefully get £10m plus. Hopefully that with money from MGW gets us a center Half, midfield and striker with Guedes too. Might have to get one of them on loan mind.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Spot on.. The Prem doesn't give you the ball back very often or very quickly, so give it to them - as MGW did sometimes - and you're in trouble. Odd that we should be quibbling about the guy's obvious talent/usefulness while at the the same time not managing, so far, to get Amazon to deliver even one player we didn't have before. Ebay?

Because I am a certifiable Wolves eejit, I predict this window will get us more and better than looks likely just now, (I mean, wtf are Crystal Palace?)
Come On Me Babbies! With four new uns.
Best attacking players in the league give it away the most.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure about him as an 8 but I think he could play off a striker or off the left. A similar way to MGW but more direct then flairy.

I think we just need to sell Adama. Hopefully get £10m plus. Hopefully that with money from MGW gets us a center Half, midfield and striker with Guedes too. Might have to get one of them on loan mind.
Don’t Valencia want 30m for Guedes? We don’t really have that sort of cash anymore

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Starting to think maybe there is something more going on behind the scenes.

Reminiscent of the final 18 months under Morgan where there was very little investment in the playing squad with one eye on a sale. The difference is that you can stay in the Championship whilst doing that but the Premier League is another ballgame.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Offer Valencia 20m plus adama......for Guedes and Mouctar Diakhaby.........

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like the atmosphere at Compton is very downbeat and negative:

Clubs PR machine in overdrive. Pics of Adama giving high fives and now a video of Coady being his usual (brilliant) self. Not blaming them. They've to work with what they got to try and create a more positive mood.

However I dont think many ever doubted the camaraderie and togetherness of these lads.

However lack of unity is not the problem. Lack of players is.

And yes the players can worry about the threadbare squad, while at the same time enjoying the togetherness.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading Cheikh Doucourés transfer to Crystal Palace is being held up waiting for a work permit....
What if we've signed loads of players and are just waiting for HRMC to get their arses into gear?

Back
Top Bottom