Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The first boots you wore as a kid?

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad was a bit of a traditionalist and always insisted that I needed a boot with a ‘real leather upper’.

Started with Puma Kings and still have a pair of those now.

Have had brief flirtations with Quaser (during the time Bully promoted them), Copa Mondials and Nike Tiempos (the black and orange ones that Neves wore for the goal against Derby)…
Are those Nike tiempos the ones without laces and if they are they were quite comfortable as someone lent me a pair for a charity match a few years back they were black and orange.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was given some dodgy looking rugby boots to start with, then I believe I got some Pony ones. Quaser, then Nike.
Never bothered with adidas football boots, although I mainly wear their trainers.
Had some bright yellow puma and red diadora indoor boots too in my youth, both if which were excellent.

old jacks thumb

Groupie
Reaction score
First pair were winnits. Dads mate worked there and got them for me. First matches were playing for netherton cud scouts against the other cub packs in the district. Moved onto quaser boots when I started playing properly. Then puma kings and later onto predators.

Torbay Wolf

Reaction score
Must have been the late 1970's. Mine were made by Gola. I remember they came with a bright orange plastic 'spanner' to tighten the studs up. Seems like a very long time ago when you see todays 'boots'.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The first pair I remember buying were Adidas Predator Precision, at the time we all called them the “David Beckham boots”.
4D9B5DDA-E44C-415F-A275-783AF3077C4C.jpeg

I remember in school it was an unwritten rule that you could only wear White boots if you were a good player. So as a big clogger of a CB I stuck to Black boots!

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gola Hat-Trick, got them for £12 from a shop in Willenhall in 1988

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an aside. When did massively long football laces stop becoming a thing? Seemed like I had to wrap them under my boots about 3-4 times to make them short enough to tie. As you can tell it’s been a while since I played. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

mine were not as posh as these.

Stuburt were the best I've had, quality leather uppers and moulded studs but as good as any screw ins.

There were still being used long after addidas had been consigned to the bin.

The strange thing is they were a golf shoe manufacturer who put their toe in the football market and took it out quickly.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t remember the brand but my first boots had Otto Rehhagel written on them. I had no idea who he was, but they would have been cheap.

Google tells me he’s a German defender that played or managed in a total of over 1,000 bundesliga games.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gola with moulded studs hand me down from my brother.

Remember having the style of shin pads that were plastic with a foam backing that you just shoved down the front of your sock. Later on I upgraded to Robson Gold shin pads which were excellent. Was gutted when the elastic finally went.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
I think my first were also Woolworths Winfield, my Dad told me it’s because my feet were still growing and it was a waste of money to buy an expensive pair.
The most comfortable boots I had were a pair of Diadora moulded studs in the early 90’s, they were great on hard ground.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Mizuno, hand me downs from my older brother.

My favourite were Nike, total 90s

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stanley Matthews Autograph (late 50s)

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t remember my first.. but I remember my first pair of Puma Kings.. so soft and quality.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t remember what they was other than they were about 2/3 sizes too big and I had to stuff them with cotton wool, they were second hand from somewhere
But we won 3-2 and I scored the winner

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first pair I remember buying were Adidas Predator Precision, at the time we all called them the “David Beckham boots”.
View attachment 34531

I remember in school it was an unwritten rule that you could only wear White boots if you were a good player. So as a big clogger of a CB I stuck to Black boots!

Best boots made. Had them in the dark blue.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quaser were definitely my first pair.

Then some Diadora’s, which were the bees knees.

Then red puma kings.

Then when I actually started playing again in my late teens it was Adidas predators, the mid 90s to mid 00s ranges won’t be topped.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yeah me too Scally. when those leather studs wore down the little nails used to stick in your feet, could feel the blood in the boots squelch LOL.
was it Dubin ? we had to rub into them,
Tbh Chignal, I never wore them, but my brother did.

I was just a kid and he was always asking me to go to our local shop that sold everything and get him the studs with nails in.

He used to put his boots on a metal shoe horn (not sure if that’s what they’re called) and knock the studs in with a hammer.

Oh yea, he’d rub them up with dubbin as well.

Have to admit I can’t remember my first boots, but I remember buying them from Tweedies Sports Shop in Bell Street.

Happy memories.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tbh Chignal, I never wore them, but my brother did.

I was just a kid and he was always asking me to go to our local shop that sold everything and get him the studs with nails in.

He used to put his boots on a metal shoe horn (not sure if that’s what they’re called) and knock the studs in with a hammer.

Oh yea, he’d rub them up with dubbin as well.

Have to admit I can’t remember my first boots, but I remember buying them from Tweedies Sports Shop in Bell Street.

Happy memories.
Think they called it a cobblers Anvil? only way of kicking any distance with them was to toe punt the ball, imaging players today using them, shows just how good the players like Mathews,Mullens etc were back then.

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
92/93 Pair of black reebok boots with white detail from that sport shop on bilston high street, MVG sports I think?!

Was so excited to try them out, when I got home i screwed the 6 studs out and played in them on the street with those bare plastic soles - wondered why I kept slipping over

As we’re on the topic - first pair of GK gloves were a pair of £7 Sondico - purple and fluorescent yellow! My dad let me choose a pair from intersport in the mander centre. Absolutely loved them and ended up playing in goal for my primary school.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gola. Absolutely ****.

Then Quaser. My dad was obsessed with me putting dubbin on them. No one else at school had even heard of ****ing dubbin.

Last game 4 years ago, borrowed a pair of the Nike sock boots in orange. Looked a right **** at 38 years old.

To be honest I was pretty crap in all of them.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had an awesome pair of goldy/orange Quaser boots back when Bully was on board with them. Looking back, I was somewhat of a maverick, as it was long before lairy coloured boots became the norm! Lol

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Mine were “ hand-me-downs” , that were really ancient. They had nail in leather studs, a solid toe cap and enormous yellow laces. They were awful, I hated wearing them and eventually my mother bought me some modern boots from Woolworths! The first boots I loved were a pair of Stylo George Best boots, with the side lacing- “ the bees. knees” . Happy days.

SydneyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Woolworths Winfield ones for me too. Think the first branded boots I got were a pair of Adidas Santiago from the old sports shop down in Bilbrook

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Early 1970s ... Woolworth’s Winfield specials.
Me too. With the 3 yellow stripes that made them look like adidas knockoffs. I managed to get some black leather dye to black the stripes out so they were all black like Mike Bailey’s boots. The laces were extra long, the style was to wrap them round and underneath the boot - in hindsight **** knows why.
My next pair were adidas Beckbauer moulded studs which were a thing of beauty, my mum ordered them from Freemans catalogue and paid for them weekly.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mine were “ hand-me-downs” , that were really ancient. They had nail in leather studs, a solid toe cap and enormous yellow laces. They were awful, I hated wearing them and eventually my mother bought me some modern boots from Woolworths! The first boots I loved were a pair of Stylo George Best boots, with the side lacing- “ the bees. knees” . Happy days.
yeah mine was handed down at least 4 times, that was the trouble being the youngest lol

Back
Top Bottom