Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

the fight for final season positions

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton have won 1 in 5 so its safe to say their form is a tad off.

Im not saying we will do it, im merely saying it is achievable (which it is) in the same way plenty on here were wetting their pants on here a few weeks back that we were in a relegation dog fight and Fulham were going to go past us.
We’ve won 2 in 11.

I certainly never thought relegation was an issue but 100% certain we won’t get near 7th.

Hope I’m wrong, we’ll see.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a little upset that when the pundits announce us they won't be saying, "here come Wolverhampton Wanderers; they finished 7th twice in a row since being promoted to the premier league don't you know".

Reaction score
7th isn’t more than achievable. Would need 29 points from 14 games to match last seasons total, not going to happen.
The aim for me would be top half, big ask (10/3 at the bookies) but a far more realistic target.

Beat leeds and Newcastle and we are on the same points (36) after the same amount of games last year.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beat leeds and Newcastle and we are on the same points (36) after the same amount of games last year.
True, but if we want to be level with last season after 32 games (52 points) we will need to win 7, draw 1 and lose 0 of next 8.

Im not being negative, actually quite positive about next season, just pointing out that any thoughts of 7th this season are pretty far fetched.

Mountie

Groupie
Reaction score
True, but if we want to be level with last season after 32 games (52 points) we will need to win 7, draw 1 and lose 0 of next 8.

Im not being negative, actually quite positive about next season, just pointing out that any thoughts of 7th this season are pretty far fetched.
Hi hotfuss all though I agree with your post in principle, this season is a strange one. I don't think it's right to compare to last or previous seasons. For example when Manchester United were top in January they actually had less points than the year Jose finished second at the same stage. This is a really strange season so you never know...

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi hotfuss all though I agree with your post in principle, this season is a strange one. I don't think it's right to compare to last or previous seasons. For example when Manchester United were top in January they actually had less points than the year Jose finished second at the same stage. This is a really strange season so you never know...
Hi Mountie, agree it’s a strange season and for several reasons it’s difficult to compare to last season.
I have to say though that, again not been negative, there is absolutely no chance of us finishing 7th.
Obviously would love to be wrong, but that is pretty rare.

Mountie

Groupie
Reaction score
Hi Mountie, agree it’s a strange season and for several reasons it’s difficult to compare to last season.
I have to say though that, again not been negative, there is absolutely no chance of us finishing 7th.
Obviously would love to be wrong, but that is pretty rare.
I think you will probably end up being right but I'm sure you won't take offence to me wishing you are wrong mate. :)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m praying the dippers somehow manage to continue the slide and miss out on CL qualification.
Because that would absolutely cripple them.
They’re already running on fumes financially, take 40+m off their budget next term they’re deep in the ****.
Either their wage bill hamstrings them, or non-CL wage cut clauses disrupt the squad.
They also need to start refreshing the side with a number of key players around the 30 mark, can’t do that potless.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah got to agree with Hot Fuss 7th is out of our reach this season, we aren't playing at anywhere near the level we were the last 2 seasons we made 7th place, I think we will finish bottom half and will need to regroup for next season

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7th isn’t more than achievable. Would need 29 points from 14 games to match last seasons total, not going to happen.
The aim for me would be top half, big ask (10/3 at the bookies) but a far more realistic target.
IF (big IF, I know) we played from now onwards like we did in the second half against Soton, then I could see us getting 30 points out of those 14 games. It is not impossible but somehow Nuno would have to get us playing CONSISTENTLY well to our potential in both halves of every game! We have shown that we can play well but we haven’t shown that we can play well consistently yet.

D

Deleted member 8913

If we have learned anything from results so far it is impossible to predict results going forward. You can be certain that everything is uncertain.

we are 12th and we will probably but not certainly end up there plus or minus three positions ....I would be happy with 9th and disappointed with 15th...relegation not very likely and 7th also just as unlikely....

still its fun to predict and always be wrong.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bloody Negative Nelly, lol.... Seriously, when you put it like that it doesn't sound very likely...

Reaction score

Would take a massive change in form obviously, wouldnt completely rule out the following happening in next 10 games

Leeds W
Newcastle W
Villa D
Liverpool L
West Ham D
Fulham W
Sheff Utd W
Burnley W
West Brom W
Brighton W

That would be 53 points, 1 point ahead of last season - stranger things have happened!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering the covid, injuries, and Raul out, I think finishing around 9th. would be ok with most fans ,players and Nuno.
Hope Villa drop some places along with Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

First up.....Leeds tomorrow. One game at a time.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering the covid, injuries, and Raul out, I think finishing around 9th. would be ok with most fans ,players and Nuno.
Hope Villa drop some places along with Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

First up.....Leeds tomorrow. One game at a time.
.... and stay 'umble....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would take a massive change in form obviously, wouldnt completely rule out the following happening in next 10 games

Leeds W
Newcastle W
Villa D
Liverpool L
West Ham D
Fulham W
Sheff Utd W
Burnley W
West Brom W
Brighton W

That would be 53 points, 1 point ahead of last season - stranger things have happened!
You never know!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leeds W
Newcastle W
Villa D
Liverpool L
West Ham D
Fulham W
Sheff Utd W
Burnley W
West Brom W
Brighton W

Yeah I've said the next 10 matches couldn't really of been kinder to us. But with confidence and players returning we could win a fair few and end the season on a high.

Back
Top Bottom