Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The "Feels Like a New Signing" Thread

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a feeling Nathan Fraser is going to surprise a few in pre season.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of all of them its neto and chiquinho that stand a chance of making a difference in my view. Silva will be sold or go on loan

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing mosequera had to do was rain in the physical side of his game . That's was pretty obvious almost immediately.......
Wasn’t that his aggression as opposed to his actual strength? Again, I’m probably remembering him wrong.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a feeling Nathan Fraser is going to surprise a few in pre season.
Hope so, prove that he’s ready for senior football and then find him an ideal loan move.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope so, prove that he’s ready for senior football and then find him an ideal loan move.

Or he does what Ferguson has done at Brighton and become part of the first team squad. I dont think he will be going out on loan next season. Others like Griffiths, Hesketh, Tipton will but I reckon the likes of Farmer, Roberts, Fraser wont be going out just yet.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or he does what Ferguson has done at Brighton and become part of the first team squad. I dont think he will be going out on loan next season. Others like Griffiths, Hesketh, Tipton will but I reckon the likes of Farmer, Roberts, Fraser wont be going out just yet.
I suppose the good thing about the FFP issues is that we actually have a look at some of these players more closely than we would have before. How old is Fraser?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose the good thing about the FFP issues is that we actually have a look at some of these players more closely than we would have before. How old is Fraser?

Agree. Fraser is 18.

Reactions: Ned

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re all exciting options and should all be considered in pre season but I would be most disappointed if Giles was to go without us even having a good look and giving him a go in the PL.

The only stick people beat him with is his perceived defensive weakness but wouldn’t you rather have somebody who can offer a threat going forward than another Semedo on the left? Plus, the defensive side of his game can be coached in to him over the summer and will improve the more he gets used to the system and players.

I just think getting rid would be the most short sighted move we could make this summer.
My Boro mate said he was getting constant defensive coaching from Woodgate when he was there.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Neto said anything specific about not wanting to be here anymore?
He’ll have a full pre season under his belt to get fully fit.

I can’t understand some of the negativity about him. He’s had a couple of nasty injuries and was used carefully at the end of last season. I was just glad to see him back and didn’t expect much.

He’s young, got a lot of confidence and has a good attitude. If he can get back to anything like his best, he will definitely be like a new signing imo.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty unusual that this coming season more than most we have a significant number of players returning from injury or decent loans that have a reasonable chance of being part of the first team squad:

Boubacar Traore - looked like he was going to be a fixture in the match day squad then he got hit by a groin injury in Marbella, probably the closest to returning to action of the big three injuries we've been carrying last season, looking forward to seeing him, Gomes and Lemina battling it out for central midfield.

Sasa Kalajdzic - will he or won't he, was a risky late buy last season and rushed into covering Raul's injury, we all know how it worked out. Been out so long I can't see him playing a major role and not expecting to see hime get much game time until towards Christmas. Just think he has a long way still to got to get up to match fitness. Then it's going to be all about the lad's confidence.

Chinquinho - oh how I hope that he will come back in pre-season fighting fit, his end of season showings in 2021-22 showed he can be a real threat and his crosses were right on the money. Feel he will feature and will replace the departing Adama.

Fabio Silva - will really be like a new signing, come on Wolves no loans next season, let the lad have his chances, with the service around him he'll be a surprise package. If he stays I believe next season will be his.

Luke Cundle - finished the season well but fear that he's probably not quite ready and will go on loan again.

Ryan Giles - if he was going to make it at Wolves he would have by now, can see him being sold but a lot depends on the future of RAN and possibly Bueno. Think Julen will want one of those two to be paired with a more experienced left back and can see Ryan being sold.

Out of the six I can see Fabio, Chiquinho and Traore making the biggest impact.

Sure there's a few more out there but will leave that to the Mix to decide :)
You could change the thread to 'clutching at straws'. Its unlikely that Sassa and Chiquinho will ever get back after such serious injuries, Traore is never fit, and Giles, Cundle and Fabio are good championship players, but unlikely to become good premier league players.

superwolves

Reaction score
It'll be very interesting if Fabio does come back and lights it up and all of a sudden we have bids of £60-70M+ for him from Chelsea, Man Utd etc. Would all the mixers who have been slagging him and Jeff off for 3 years admit they got it totally wrong?
Would be more interested in an explanation why anyone would find the need to slag off a youngster whose learning his trade in a foreign league and what benefit it would bring to the player or to the club

DJLWolf

Reaction score
It'll be very interesting if Fabio does come back and lights it up and all of a sudden we have bids of £60-70M+ for him from Chelsea, Man Utd etc. Would all the mixers who have been slagging him and Jeff off for 3 years admit they got it totally wrong?

If only me auntie had bo**ocks she'd be me uncle

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiq - not seen enough, could be great, could be an Iorfa
Fabio - worth bringing back for a good look surely?
Sasa - great in the air but will we see him?
Cundle - looks decent
Giles - a sweet left foot and a local lad - I'd love to see him given a go

All probably worth including in the squad.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could change the thread to 'clutching at straws'. Its unlikely that Sassa and Chiquinho will ever get back after such serious injuries, Traore is never fit, and Giles, Cundle and Fabio are good championship players, but unlikely to become good premier league players.

Jeez what a depressing post. Traore was fit for ages we just didn’t need him as we signed 2 midfielders in Jan. Fabio is clearly more than a championship player, for a start he’s never played in it. How do you know Giles won’t be a good Prem player? His stats suggest an upward curve and year on year improvement. Gibbs-White was a standout in the champ and many here wrote him off, he’s had a very good year at forest and as much as he appears to be an idiot it’s a shame we sold him

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady in a Neves type role (back up option or cost free replacement), protecting the back line & passing long to the wings?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've read some absolute pony in my time, this one though is up there.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Totally agree.

His set piece ability is a massive threat as well. Something we were appalling on last season.
James Ward-Prowse has become an England international based on brilliant set pieces and being generally average (or slightly better) at everything else.

No reason Giles can't make an impact here.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've read some absolute pony in my time, this one though is up there.
It's a (very negative) viewpoint. You would hope that the worst didn't happen in every single case, but it could.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa
Fabio
Hoever
Giles

I actually think as we stand, our squad is stronger than last season just from players returning from loans and injuries.

But losing Neves changes that and a replacement will be needed.

Swap a few others and strip out some squad bloat prioritising quality over quantity, and we will be in decent shape.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady in a Neves type role (back up option or cost free replacement), protecting the back line & passing long to the wings?

Technically not good enough to play in a Premier League midfield. Very good when everything is happening in front of him, struggles when he has to play both ways!

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady wasn't a good Championship midfielder so no chance he can be a Premier League one. But he was very good in the middle of a back 3, no matter how much some of the haters want to rewrite history. If JL considers going to 5 at the back I would be more than happy to see Coady there.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Here me out a min, looks like Guedes may have to come into the fold again should news sources be believed. If Julen can work his magic and get him committed would forward options of Fabio, Guedes, Kalajdzic, Cunha, Hwang, supported by Sarabia, Neto, Podence and Chiquinho do?

Gut feeling is we're missing a natural poacher and some guile behind the front two but on paper there are some decent players there.

Back
Top Bottom