Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The "Feels Like a New Signing" Thread

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
It's pretty unusual that this coming season more than most we have a significant number of players returning from injury or decent loans that have a reasonable chance of being part of the first team squad:

Boubacar Traore - looked like he was going to be a fixture in the match day squad then he got hit by a groin injury in Marbella, probably the closest to returning to action of the big three injuries we've been carrying last season, looking forward to seeing him, Gomes and Lemina battling it out for central midfield.

Sasa Kalajdzic - will he or won't he, was a risky late buy last season and rushed into covering Raul's injury, we all know how it worked out. Been out so long I can't see him playing a major role and not expecting to see hime get much game time until towards Christmas. Just think he has a long way still to got to get up to match fitness. Then it's going to be all about the lad's confidence.

Chinquinho - oh how I hope that he will come back in pre-season fighting fit, his end of season showings in 2021-22 showed he can be a real threat and his crosses were right on the money. Feel he will feature and will replace the departing Adama.

Fabio Silva - will really be like a new signing, come on Wolves no loans next season, let the lad have his chances, with the service around him he'll be a surprise package. If he stays I believe next season will be his.

Luke Cundle - finished the season well but fear that he's probably not quite ready and will go on loan again.

Ryan Giles - if he was going to make it at Wolves he would have by now, can see him being sold but a lot depends on the future of RAN and possibly Bueno. Think Julen will want one of those two to be paired with a more experienced left back and can see Ryan being sold.

Out of the six I can see Fabio, Chiquinho and Traore making the biggest impact.

Sure there's a few more out there but will leave that to the Mix to decide :)

Last edited:

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were looking into the Championship for talented young prospects Ryan Giles would be someone we'd all be desperate to sign, flying wing back, played over a hundred games at a good level, great assists record. The fact hes already ours seems to make some people oblivious to him

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva for me.

Having seen a fair bit of him this season, I think he's a really good player. Feels very similar to watching Gibbs-White when he was with Sheffield United.

I think Silva becomes one of our best players inside the next 6-12 months. So much so, I really don't care about signing a new striker this summer. If we have Cunha, Silva, Hwang and Kaladzic then that's fine with me. Obviously in an ideal world I'd get another, but just if funds are that tight, it would be way down the list of priorities for me.

Just got a real bad feeling that he's going to leave. Even on loan it would be stupid.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva for me.

Having seen a fair bit of him this season, I think he's a really good player. Feels very similar to watching Gibbs-White when he was with Sheffield United.

I think Silva becomes one of our best players inside the next 6-12 months. So much so, I really don't care about signing a new striker this summer. If we have Cunha, Silva, Hwang and Kaladzic then that's fine with me. Obviously in an ideal world I'd get another, but just if funds are that tight, it would be way down the list of priorities for me.

Just got a real bad feeling that he's going to leave. Even on loan it would be stupid.
It'll be very interesting if Fabio does come back and lights it up and all of a sudden we have bids of £60-70M+ for him from Chelsea, Man Utd etc. Would all the mixers who have been slagging him and Jeff off for 3 years admit they got it totally wrong?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva and Giles we’d likely be quite excited about the prospect of signing them based on their recent form.

I’d like to see both given a shot this coming season as squad members. They’re unlikely to push us into a top 7 side, but I’m sure they’ll be better squad options than what we currently have.

From the handful of games I’ve seen him I’ve been very impressed with B.Traore. Hope he stays fit and pushes on next season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These are all good/great options if (IF) they come off. Jimenez, Jonny and Neto have all done nothing since their injuries; note of caution. If we intend to compete next season I'd definitely want a new striker and some seasoned Prem players like Maddison, Tielemmans, Ward-Prowse and not a load of Spaniards who look great on You Tube.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be very interesting if Fabio does come back and lights it up and all of a sudden we have bids of £60-70M+ for him from Chelsea, Man Utd etc. Would all the mixers who have been slagging him and Jeff off for 3 years admit they got it totally wrong?
Lots of 'ifs' there?!

Reactions: Ian

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will hold my hands up .

Just remember though Shi appointed Walter Zenga and Lage . So if Fabio comes good great for us . But Shi has made some very shocking appointments imo . Just remember before lopetegui came he wanted Mick Beale .

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just remember though Shi appointed Walter Zenga and Lage . So if Fabio comes good great for us . But Shi has made some very shocking appointments imo . Just remember before lopetegui came he wanted Mick Beale .
Jeff has certainly made some shockers, but I'd give him a pass on Zenga and Beale, we all know that neither were first, or even second, third or fourth choices.

Can't defend Lage though

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would all the mixers who have been slagging him and Jeff off for 3 years admit they got it totally wrong?
I already have. Although to be fair I have been slagging him off for only 2 years. I became a fan this season.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree, although from what I heard it was Sellars that pushed for Beale but Shi was only prepared to offer him a deal until the end of the season

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And if he comes back and doesn't light it up, will those saying he is up to leading the line next season admit they got it totally wrong, too? We can let them off hanging their heads in shame. :D

Fabio is still only 20, there is no hurry, he has plenty of time to improve. Putting the weight of solving our goal scoring problems on to a 20 year old who has already shown improvement playing elsewhere, seems a bit unfair. We need another goal scorer, too.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to hate that saying. Mainly as it usually meant we hadn't signed someone in January to support a Championship promotion push. But the reality is Sasa, Silva, Boubacar, Chiquinho and Giles would currently all get into and improve our starting 11. All should be given a chance. As one of the posts above says, if Giles wasn't already ours we'd be over the moon with signing him.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do hope Sasa Kalajdzic comes back and surprises everyone. He did have a good season in Germany before getting injured and I do think he has more to his game than just height (but that alone is useful).

I also like the fact that he has said he has spent a lot of time in the Gym and is the strongest he has ever felt. Maybe if he had not got injured he would have been poor because he was not strong enough for the prem. Maybe this time out of the game building up his fitness and strength is one of those sliding doors moments that transforms him from bog standard player into the next Haaland.

I do think a fit Kalajdzic could be very potent with some of Giles's crossing.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do hope Sasa Kalajdzic comes back and surprises everyone. He did have a good season in Germany before getting injured and I do think he has more to his game than just height (but that alone is useful).

I also like the fact that he has said he has spent a lot of time in the Gym and is the strongest he has ever felt. Maybe if he had not got injured he would have been poor because he was not strong enough for the prem. Maybe this time out of the game building up his fitness and strength is one of those sliding doors moments that transforms him from bog standard player into the next Haaland.

I think kalajdzic could be a useful option. My concern would be an opposing centre half of any experience with try and give him kick. Let's hope it holds up to the rigours of the Prem . As you can see in Jonny , jiminez (crazy injury admittedly ), Neto , that coming back is not easy to the same level once you have had a bad injury. Unfortunately I think this isn't the first time either he has had this injury.

Think we need a bit of luck next season with the likes of Neto, SASA , Chiquinho, jiminez if he stays

bigwolf

Reaction score

Drar lord. I cannot believe you have suggested that Sasa doing some reps in the gym might turn him into Haaland.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re all exciting options and should all be considered in pre season but I would be most disappointed if Giles was to go without us even having a good look and giving him a go in the PL.

The only stick people beat him with is his perceived defensive weakness but wouldn’t you rather have somebody who can offer a threat going forward than another Semedo on the left? Plus, the defensive side of his game can be coached in to him over the summer and will improve the more he gets used to the system and players.

I just think getting rid would be the most short sighted move we could make this summer.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interested to see how Mosquera gets on, once his loan spell in the MLS finishes. He's having a strong season over here, and could provide some competition for our central defence.
Do you think he’s ready to play a part? I haven’t watched anything of him but there’s been a question mark over the physical side of his game, from memory.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re all exciting options and should all be considered in pre season but I would be most disappointed if Giles was to go without us even having a good look and giving him a go in the PL.

The only stick people beat him with is his perceived defensive weakness but wouldn’t you rather have somebody who can offer a threat going forward than another Semedo on the left? Plus, the defensive side of his game can be coached in to him over the summer and will improve the more he gets used to the system and players.

I just think getting rid would be the most short sighted move we could make this summer.

Totally agree.

His set piece ability is a massive threat as well. Something we were appalling on last season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree.

His set piece ability is a massive threat as well. Something we were appalling on last season.
Exactly, he would add more options to our attacking play. Plus, he’s HG and plays in a position where we have two players who would command decent transfer fees (obviously RAN has that stupid 50% sell on currently).

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think he’s ready to play a part? I haven’t watched anything of him but there’s been a question mark over the physical side of his game, from memory.
That's the last thing I would have said about Mosquera, from what I've seen of him.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, he would add more options to our attacking play. Plus, he’s HG and plays in a position where we have two players who would command decent transfer fees (obviously RAN has that stupid 50% sell on currently).

Again, spot on. And it's not as if Ait Nouri and Bueno are Maldini defensively is it.

It will be just like us to sell Giles for a total nothing fee between 5-10m.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only 1, If Fabio does light up the league next season it's guaranteed we would be getting big bids for him the following season. Pretty much every team in the league is desperate for a striker
2 'ifs' actually - if he comes back; quite a big if in the scheme of things.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Safe to assume Cundle and Giles won't make it with us but the others all could certainly have an impact next season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing mosequera had to do was rain in the physical side of his game . That's was pretty obvious almost immediately.......

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva for me.

Totally agree with this....

The thought of Fabio Silva coming back and Sasa Kalajdzic being (hopefully) fully fit is actually something to look forward to next season as one of them with Cunha up top instead of Costa or Jimenez improves us no doubt in my mind!

Funny enough even though we have options I think our wide players are the ones who need shaking up a bit as their numbers haven't been good enough for a while now maybe not Podence but his form is very inconsistent!

Loaning out Fabio Silva wouldn't make any sense look at the clubs linked to him, it's time to give him an extended chance in the side!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am hopeful about Fabio.. but far from convinced. He’s come along, and I’ve always supported him, but he’s still a big risk, especially if we’re looking at him as a starter. He wasn’t even starting at PSV.. we’re in the toughest league in the world..

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am hopeful about Fabio.. but far from convinced. He’s come along, and I’ve always supported him, but he’s still a big risk, especially if we’re looking at him as a starter. He wasn’t even starting at PSV.. we’re in the toughest league in the world..

Tbf the psv captain played up front, and fabio played a lot on the wing.

He took his chances when he could

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf the psv captain played up front, and fabio played a lot on the wing.

He took his chances when he could
I don’t mean it to sound like criticism.. I think he’s done really well. I just think if we set our expectations on him scoring 10+ goals next season and answering our problems.. we’re setting ourselves, and him, up a bit.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiq - huge potential
Fabio - if not sold??
Sasa - point to prove
Cundle - huge potential
Giles - huge potential

I believe the above will be important players in our match day squad 18 next season

Chem, Bolla. Hoever, Kawabe, Jordao?? Unlikely but you never know…. Pre season is an opportunity for clean slates for many

Kennedy

Reaction score
If Neto can get back to his very best now that would be like a new signing...

Back
Top Bottom