Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The EPL 1st W/E

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Football looks rusty to me but very little fast interplaying on show apart from in Newcastle vs Villa. Even Man City looked a bit ponderous. Burnley played some decent stuff at times, as did Villa. Brentford vs Spurs was awful and Liverpool and Chelsea are both relying on long balls and dynamic runs rather than passing moves, which will knacker players now that games last 100 minutes or more.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I’ve not been hugely entertained by any of the games I watched, but that’s possibly because I’m generally not that excited about the league season ahead from a Wolves point of view.

As an aside - I am irrationally annoyed by the term ‘EPL’. Not sure why…

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Football looks rusty to me but very little fast interplaying on show apart from in Newcastle vs Villa. Even Man City looked a bit ponderous. Burnley played some decent stuff at times, as did Villa. Brentford vs Spurs was awful and Liverpool and Chelsea are both relying on long balls and dynamic runs rather than passing moves, which will knacker players now that games last 100 minutes or more.
Clutching at straws?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty standard opening weekend tbh.
Most teams have had at least some form of upheaval and change, takes a few weeks to get up and running properly.
Citeh are notoriously slow starters, then at some point round the end of winter they’ll do their customary 10-15 wins in a row and wrap it up.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always a few odd results/performances the first few weeks.

It will soon calm down.

Back
Top Bottom