Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Boob, Hwang, Hubner and RAN at AFCON/Asia Cup

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont want to pin hopes on RAN too much because I will get too excited.

He fundamentally changes the pattern of our attack so much, I would be so over the moon to have him even just on the bench to sway the game in our favour if required.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont want to pin hopes on RAN too much because I will get too excited.

He fundamentally changes the pattern of our attack so much, I would be so over the moon to have him even just on the bench to sway the game in our favour if required.

I’d think (and hope) that we have enough quality without RAN to win against the Baggies this Sunday. RAN will be more key against Manure.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had an issue with his hip that kept him out. Believe he's back in training now but not sure if he'll have any involvement in the last group game tomorrow.
Cheers, wasn't aware of that.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think highest point earners in 3rd place also qualify so they may yet go through.

the 4 best third placed finishers go through - they are in place number 4 of those currently

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that a number of teams in 3rd place also go through. Algeria likely to be going through. Correct me if I am wrong just don't shoot the messenger.
Your wrong they came fourth

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll make the squad, would be ridiculous if he didn't considering the fact we've been filling it with kids recently.

Don't expect him to start but who knows.

There's no real issues of jet-lag to take into account given that Ivory Coast is GMT. Leave in the morning, home by the afternoon, back in training the next day.

Might make no difference, but could help.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t say he couldn’t be, just that I don’t expect him to be. We will know on Sunday who is right and wrong (I’m more than happy to be wrong as it means he plays). I just think GON is a pragmatic guy and will look at Sunday as a game we planned for without him, we should have enough without him and won’t want to risk him after a lot of travel. They’ll most definitely want to test his fitness, we’ll know absolutely nothing about Algerias fitness coaches and their intensity. He could have been flogged over there or done minimal training and even a 5% swing in levels is a lot to a detailed orientated coaching team.

Would people be clamouring for him to play if it wasn’t them lot Sunday? I’d say not.
If on the bench then bring on in case of emergency, ie needing another goal to make it7-0 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hubner with an 88th min OG as Indonesia beaten 3-1 by Japan

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly that has calmed my anxiety so much knowing RAN is back

I am now just a wreck. Rather than a nervous wreck. Such is the difference one player can make sometimes.

RAN is a massive boost, no disrespect to Doc but our left hand side is like night and day in comparison.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Boubacar Traore injured or just not making the Mali squad?

Shame he can't be here if it's the latter.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Boubacar Traore injured or just not making the Mali squad?

Shame he can't be here if it's the latter.

not making the matchday squad I believe. They were allowed to name a squad of 27, but can only name 23 on a match by match basis, I assume he's in the 4 left out, being new to the squad.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not making the matchday squad I believe. They were allowed to name a squad of 27, but can only name 23 on a match by match basis, I assume he's in the 4 left out, being new to the squad.

Cheers. I knew they had some good midfielders.

Shame for us and Traore, could've featured a lot in past few games.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Send Boubacar home if he's not even going to be in the squad. How pointless.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Send Boubacar home if he's not even going to be in the squad. How pointless.
Having a squad of 23 from 27 plus the rule that 4 third placed group stage teams go through makes it a pretty ridiculous tournament.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Enso played 45 minutes for the Paraguay U23s v the Uruguay U23 in their 4-3 win. No goals but based on ratings, he seemed to have played well.

Back
Top Bottom