Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The best video ever

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic memories. Cheers Maws ... that is just the tonic needed one week into lockdown.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thanks @maws. Could never tire of watching Bully scoring. Great goals, great memories.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic. That was my youth over the course of 8 minutes. Got something in my eye seeing the last hat trick and then the last goal with the late Deano and others from the past celebrating with him.

Now both eyes. Excuse me a sec.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Thanks for that
Boy could he finish
We will never see his like again
Thank you Ron Saunders .

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t care what division or who the opposition were, some of those goals were sublime if not world class. Thanks, that’s made my night,

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I know it wasn’t his best or most important goal but that header against Villa just sums up everything that was great about him.

Knew he was going to get clattered (and ended up being knocked out) by Spink but his commitment to Wolves and scoring goals meant there was never a moment’s hesitation in his mind.

Cheers Bully. And let’s all drink-a-drink-a-drink to the greatest centre-forward that the world has ever seen.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there for most of those, they bring back so many great memories. What a great time to live through, that last minute winner away at the #&+* was the best limbs ever - I was right behind you the goal. I can just see him chesting Mutch's cross and bang!

D

Deleted member 4152

Another that was there for most

What a time that was. A full head of hair, booze, Wolves, booze, kebab, pink, booze, raglan, booze, **** with a nurse. Walk of triumph. Count the days down to next sat

We could win 4-0 in those days and if Bully didnt score you felt a bit cheated.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it wasn’t his best or most important goal but that header against Villa just sums up everything that was great about him.

Knew he was going to get clattered (and ended up being knocked out) by Spink but his commitment to Wolves and scoring goals meant there was never a moment’s hesitation in his mind.

Cheers Bully. And let’s all drink-a-drink-a-drink to the greatest centre-forward that the world has ever seen.
My thoughts exactly Tring. Keeper and 2 defenders were not going to get there before him.

Celebrated each goal as if it was his first or last.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how the likes of adama, Jimenez and Jota would get on playing on them muddy pitches? Them finishes are unreal. 2 touch football.

What an era. Some proper **** games but affordable and messy

R

reanswolf

Great to see so many Bully goals - all too typically some of his best ones are omitted. Like its put together by someone who has worked hard and thank you BTW, but who was NOT there through his career.

How could you miss his left-footer v Bolton, or his 25-yard chip away to Norwich, or his first v Cheltenham in the Cup? Other than that, it was great to watch. One of his best goals there was his low shot v Leicester, when he wriggled past 3 defenders in a very tight situation before drilling a low finish into the bottom corner.

All in all. a fantastic video. Hail Sir Steve Bull.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I, like a couple of others, got something in my eye whilst watching those great goals. Was there for so many of them, so when you see the goals again like that, you remember them from the angle at the ground, the age you were then, who you were with, the travel, the food you ate- all great stuff, but also that it started 33 years ago, and those years have gone, and lots of other wonderful people are no longer around that you celebrated those times with. Damn. This current situation is getting to me.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
He gave us hope in otherwise dire times.

Also tearful to see Dean Richards celebrating...

Just a brilliant centre forward..

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just relived most of my youth. !!

No wonder he scored so many goals, he hit the ball so early, and with such venom.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow,some absolute stunners in there,some I haven't seen for a while.That half volley at Tranmere was unreal, the sheer power of it. And for somebody who supposedly could only finish,some of the goals where he goes past 2 or 3 on the edge of the box and then smashes one in were superb.

R

reanswolf

That 25 yard shop away at Tranmere was surely meant to go into his 20-best goals video but this one was hard to find so they put a tap in at Tranmere instead.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to again point out to those who devalue this blokes uniquely obsessive attitude to scoring by claiming he didn't do at at the highest level week in an out.

He went to a World Cup final and scored at international level when given the chance. If you knock a third of his total goals to 'compensate' (and I don't think we should because some of his finishing had the 'wow' factor at any level) for not being in the top flight he would still be equal top scorer ever with John Richards and still in the fifteen list of players who have scored 100 plus.

A lot posting on this thread saw this in their youth but I was 33 when he came and 46 when he left but still recognised what a unique talent I was watching and when you consider the state of the club when he came only reinforces what a service he gave to the club.

One of those select few it was a privilege to watch.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking of being a privilege to watch got me thinking about how many I have seen who had the kind of ability which made this so. I could name a few dozen who were great players at the club but players who had some kind of unique ability to do things which defied 'normal' rules. I can only think of five currently that fit that category I have seen over the years.

Peter Broadbent (I saw him but very young when he was in his pomp so sketchy but have it from those who really saw him he was a privilege)
Peter Knowles ( much of his special stuff isn't recorded)
Dave Wagstaffe ( on his day some of the twists and turns and left footed magic came from the heavens)
Steve Bull ( as above)
Ruben Neves ( outrageous ability with a back catalogue of goals even as it stands will go down in club folklore as 'remember that time' ..time.)

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good old Bully.
He did know how to score.
Thanks for pointing the video out.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at most those games, my child hood hero.

One of his best was a chest and volley at home to Millwall, havnt seen that for ages.

worth remembering he lobbed Peter Schmicel (can’t spell his ****ing name) as well, not many did that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see so many Bully goals - all too typically some of his best ones are omitted. Like its put together by someone who has worked hard and thank you BTW, but who was NOT there through his career.

How could you miss his left-footer v Bolton, or his 25-yard chip away to Norwich, or his first v Cheltenham in the Cup? Other than that, it was great to watch. One of his best goals there was his low shot v Leicester, when he wriggled past 3 defenders in a very tight situation before drilling a low finish into the bottom corner.

All in all. a fantastic video. Hail Sir Steve Bull.
Perhaps the video was unavailable or **** quality for the goals that you mention...

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sir billy wright the reason I support wolves but if I could choose one player to watch once more then that player would be bully

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to away matches you knew the home supporters were always terrified of Steve and we went all over the country with the knowledge that we really did have a player that could pull us out of any hole. “Bully’s gonna get ya, Bully’s gonna get ya..!!”

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God, others moaned about his 1st touch, but his 2nd was perfection.

1st wolves player I got to see play at Wembley, in an England shirt, and he didn't disappoint, although it took half the crowd singing "Pass the ball to stevie Bull" to get them to.

A few top flight fans, I was sharing digs with, ate humble pie on the way home, and owed me a few drinks.

Talk about pride, I was 7 foot tall, for months, I really thought we were going to the top,even backed Bully at 33/1 to win the golden boot in Italy.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking back at his goals there, I had forgotten how much skill he really did have - not all of them were first time smashes, you can see on some of them where he rolls the defender or takes 2/3 touches to create space for himself. What a player, doubt we will ever see his like again.

Back
Top Bottom