Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 1st £1 billion Footballer?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While the game remains potty it is a possibility

Think a player bagging a £1mil a week is closer. Or have I missed that??

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While the game remains potty it is a possibility

Think a player bagging a £1mil a week is closer. Or have I missed that??

I think you are right with the £1mil shout. I think Neymar is getting 500k a week which equates to around £1 a second.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
And what if he now gets a career threatening injury. I would think some big club's gonna go bump before one pays the £1bn

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The amount of money being thrown at these guys is even dwarfing what the rock stars were getting in the '70s and '80s. But the footballers don't get the hash, smack and coke. Do they? :D

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Within 10 years.

Worst thing is I very much doubt we'll see two better players than Ronaldo or Messi in 50 years.
They used to say that about Pele and Eusebio. Others will emerge. Different generations.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
The football bubble will burst well before a £1b football transfer. Stupid as it is.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They used to say that about Pele and Eusebio. Others will emerge. Different generations.

Others will emerge without question but I hadn't seen anything to rival them in 30 years before and I doubt I will for another 30 years after them.

Neymar is the closest thing and actually my favourite player but even his ability are outshone by these two!!

R

RunningWolf

Think George Saville will really come into his own at Millwall and possibly break the transfer record. I'm not saying he will be anywhere near £1BN but 2-300M wouldn't surprise me. Quality player not given enough time.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neymar might earn 500k a week, but he still gets his mum to cut his hair (in the dark)

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Ronaldo earn 1.3m a week last year after all his endorsements were added to wage and bonuses.
On the theme of ridiculousness, have you seen totti's last match shirt has been fired into space?!?!?

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't Ronaldo earn 1.3m a week last year after all his endorsements were added to wage and bonuses.
On the theme of ridiculousness, have you seen totti's last match shirt has been fired into space?!?!?
The game has gone. You'd never see us firing shirts into space.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Much further off than the media expect that's for sure, Neymar could be the next standalone superstar in the game and they only come around every 10 years or so (let alone sold - see messi)

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth a punt on one of ronaldos various offspring, he seems to be ensuring they have a chance, aren't there three different mothers so far?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will happen when Mendes moves Edwards to Porto to help us deal with FFP:D

Back
Top Bottom