Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

THANK YOU NUNO!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great leader, a great man, a superb coach for young players it seems. Will be a hard act to follow. Thanks to Nuno and his staff and best wishes for whatever his next dream is.
I hope he now goes and enjoys some overdue and precious time with his family.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you NUNO. You made our team known among the leading football teams in the world.
Ditto and thanks so much for all the happy times and great memories you've given to so many Wolves fans in your 4 years reign..
Not forget also your great and generous donation to the people of Wolverhampton.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mutchy or Bod....help

I‘m running out of ‘likes’......been using them too fast. Many fine tributes to Nuno on here. Please replenish.
Thx.

Reaction score
Started going in 1970 so my 1st decade was pretty decent and I loved the Bully seasons as we climbed up from Division 4 but Nuno's 1st 3 years were magical and lets face it under MM we'd have loved a 12th place finish.

Thank you Nuno you'll always be part of our pack

Hazza

Reaction score
Thank you Nuno. My first match watching The Wolves with you at the helm was away at Hull ... sensational. Ive seen us win the championship, compete in the top English league, qualify for Europe (SO glad I went to Braga) and become re- established as. a First Division Club ( not into this premier league rubbish). Thank you Thank you Thank you and all your back room staff.

my youngest was mascot away v Barnsley in Championship and you(and the team) were absolute gentlemen - a memory he’ll remember for ever .

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Barca is 'more than a club', then Nuno is far more than a manager. Seldom has someone connected and unified a fan base. He always acted with class and integrity, and was universally admired and respected by other teams' fans, the ultimate mark of quality.

This x1000.
Regardless of your feelings (positive or negative) there is not a Wolves fan that wouldn't shake his hand (lump in throat) and say.... Thank You.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I remember that first match against Middlesbrough thinking, wow, this is different. It wasn't the greatest of performances but it marked a complete change in style of play that I hadn't seen at Molineux before. More than Bonatini's winner in that game, my main memory is Neves' beautiful long pass out onto our right wing in the first half.

I just happened to be walking past the stadium early when Nuno and others entered and I shouted, "Welcome Nuno and good luck!" and he actually looked up and replied "Thank you, sir."

Thanks for everything Nuno. I wonder if we will ever get such an iconic manager ever again. One who celebrates like Nuno does. One with so much integrity. One who would even think about donating quarter of a million pounds to feeding people in the local community. What a backroom team he assembled. What high standards he set. What fantastic moments he gave us. More happy Wolves memories in the last 4 years than the rest of my life supporting Wolves. I haven't ever respected a Wolves manager so much.

I think it's possible we will recover and go on to good things, but I do wonder if I'll ever see a Wolves team as good as this and one I loved so much, in my lifetime again:

Patricio
Boly
Coady
Saiss
Doherty
Neves
Moutinho
Jonny
Traoré
Jimenez
Jota

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This all just feels very wrong.

****ing love you Nuno. Absolute Wolves legend.

Thank you.
I know exactly how you feel Sedgie.
I know this will appear very selfish but while I can handle Nuno needing to return to Portugal to spend more time with his family, I would be even more gutted if I heard he had returned to manage another PL club.

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
Being able to walk up to the Molineux for a game against one of the 'big' Premier League teams but with the genuine belief that we would be victorious is something I'd never experienced until Nuno came along, and for that I'll be eternally grateful.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
My heart is still breaking at the thought of this wonderful man leaving us, but my head is saying, think we all knew things werent right, Nuno hasn't looked right, our football has been very negative & think hes been very stubborn in his team selection at times, Im very very sad that things have come to this, we all love you Nuno & wish you every success ⚽⚽️ but it still doesn't feel right

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My heart is still breaking at the thought of this wonderful man leaving us, but my head is saying, think we all knew things werent right, Nuno hasn't looked right, our football has been very negative & think hes been very stubborn in his team selection at times, Im very very sad that things have come to this, we all love you Nuno & wish you every success ⚽⚽️ but it still doesn't feel right
Just a few weeks ago he assured us he's staying to honour this contract. That for me is the reason it doesn't feel right. I always thought he was honest, and still do. His mind could have been changed I guess is also a possibility.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start...

AMAZING job he's done. Even this season with the cards he was dealt what more could he have done?

I've been going since 1990 regularly and he has without doubt given me the best times following Wolves.

The pride, the excitement, the belief, the dignity.

What am I going to do now for a positive male role model???

Thank you Nuno.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've a hunch in the years ahead this period in the history of the club will be seen as one that got away. In terms of further years of relative success headed up by a coach whose affinity with the club, city and fans only comes along once in a blue moon.

Whatever the reasons for going the first three years were no fluke. What you achieved was outstanding. That sort of ability doesn't just disappear.It needs backing and the mistakes made seen in the bigger picture. Everybody makes them.

I will still be a Wolves fan of course but I very much doubt I will live long enough to see an individual who seemed to 'get it' as I and thousands do on show at Molineux.

I suspect my feelings for football will revert to that which were there before these past four years. One of malingering discontent.

In 63 years supporting your time will be some of the more refreshing times I'll remember. When we again had a club playing football worthy of the name. Who played as if they meant it. The extension of the coach on the pitch.

When for a short time here was an individual who confounded my views on modern football and took me back to a time when supporting Wolves wasn't just going through the motions for old times sake.

All best wishes for the future.

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bye Nuno. Good luck with all you do in the future. Enjoy some time with your family.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories, Nuno. Was lucky enough to attend that first match v Middlesbro. It feels like only yesterday, we were stuck on the motorway for ages, only just made kick off, had been in two minds whether to go or not. Knew something was different that day, in 40 years never seen a Wolves team as comfortable on the ball and it got even better from there. That was just the start.

That week when when we won in Besiktas after a perfect 10/10 away performance in Europe.. then won at City. Unforgettable. Cup win over Man U, Bristol City away, Torino, destroying Arsenal 3-0 in one half, Cardiff missed penalties, Rauls sublime finish at Spurs, Rauls goal v Liverpool the first goal the runaway leaders had conceded in 8 matches, all 11 players in slick passing move for goal v Cardiff in Premier league that had Cardiff in knots, Neves goal v Derby. And best of all, the Christmas Miracle. Any one of those would be enough, but you gave us them all and many more.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm flat....whilst there may have been reason for a change I agree. He has written himself into the folklore of our club.

As for the recent rumours that he lost the dressing room absolute BS those lads love him as was evidentent today.

Thank you Nuno for enabling me to pass on the stories I used to hear from people who had witnessed Cullis or Mcgarry I can join these people in the reminiscing of the Nuno days.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am absolutely ****ing gutted.

a Wolves manager leaving has never effected me like this before. What the ****.

I can’t speak for everyone but after the massive highs it feels like we’re not going to get back to those levels again.

Nuno leaving feels like breaking up with your first love. You know there will be plenty of other great birds but this one was special.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Nuno! All the best for the future! Some wonderful times, matches and adventures on foreign lands! Will never be forgotten.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Thank you Nuno- you made me proud to be a wolves fan again.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
On the fence over what should've happened, just shed a tear watching the interaction with the fans. Gutted I couldn't be there.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a very different sadness, but I don't think I've been so sad after a game since Wembley and Brighton away 2013.

Thanks Nuno, you were more than just a manager, and always will be. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom