Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Terry Connor stay or go

Terry Connor to stay or go?

• Get a new manager but keep Connor

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Get a new manager and new coach.Sack Connor.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Keep connor in some capacity but not as coach.

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you want terry connor to stay or go?Is it okay to get a manager and keep connor?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if he gets the job until the end of the season.... wheather he keeps us up or not, i shall not renew my ticket,

need a clearout of backroom staff and get some fresh ideas

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or alternatively, clipboard for manager?

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since I doubt 80% of the board have a clue what TC actually does (myself included), any judgement will be purely emotive guesswork.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a clean sweep of staff at Wolves.
Let the new man have there own team.

E

Essex Wolf

Connor has been part of a set up that has failed to progress, unload him.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Connor is an excellent coach. Seen it with my own eyes and I know a lot of players who all say he is one of the best about. A great bloke just chat with as well. Very personable and has great understanding of the game. All these Dick heads coming out and saying sack him will never have met the bloke let alone have a clue what he is like as a coach. it will be the same spoilt brats having a go with no $$$$ing clue what they are on about. Cue Essex wolf and Norfolk for a start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a job but well away from the "business end" where he can't cause any damage for continuities sake, let his Contract run its course, and wave goodbye. If he has any ambition he'll probably request to leave before then [although I suspect not].

Doh .... he's probably on a rolling Contract.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Since I doubt 80% of the board have a clue what TC actually does (myself included), any judgement will be purely emotive guesswork.

Its the default setting of many fans. "Get him out. I'm not actually sure what he does (although I imagine that he follows the managers instructions). But he carries a clipboard, so I want him OUT."

It was the same with Pendrey. People didn't want to criticise Turner to begin with when we were stagnating so they criticised the man next to him.

A new manager, with new instructions and ideas may well give Connor a new lease of life in the same way that it does with players. I don't know how good a coach he is, he has coached promotion winning sides and teams that have survived in the premier league and nobody has ever sacked him, so I imagine that what he is asked to do by a manager he does.

D

DJW

If your boss was a 'clown' who was never open to other ideas, do you think it would be fair that you were sacked?
Unless you know what kind of a man/coach he is how can you possibly vote on this. A new coaching team may seem favourable, but if Connor is decent coach who struggled to be heard under a stuborn boss then i hope he would be suitably compensated should he be dismissed.

S

SimplyTheWolves

A poll, quick I better vote before it gets closed!

Conner needs to go just so the new man can bring in his own coach.

L

lupini

Get a new manager and trust him to make the decision?

Unless its Strachan of course.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The new man will always want someone in sync with his ideas and methods i.e a 'yes' man

They normally do bring their own, if not at first, eventually.

What Wolves need to do long-term is go Barca like....where they have a style ethos and the coaches preach and develop this....this helps with stability through the levels....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had 4 managers keep him on.

I honestly believe there's posters on here who blame him for a lot of stuff, name him "Clipboard" and actually know $$$$ all about what he does

I don't know $$$$ all about what he does for the record but 4 managers keeping him on says a lot to me.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is damned silly. Coaches coach, managers manage, and they aren't the same thing. I doubt if many of you really have any idea about the abilities of TC. I certainly don't, though the fact that he has survived several managers suggests that he must have some qualities.
In any event, I imagine the new manager will have his own ideas....... and wield the new broom accordingly.

E

Essex Wolf

I honestly believe there's posters on here who blame him for a lot of stuff, name him "Clipboard" and actually know $$$$ all about what he does

I don't know $$$$ all about what he does for the record but 4 managers keeping him on says a lot to me.

And how many of those have been successful in the PL?

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

There is absolutely no logic to wanting him out...it's just pointing fingers for the sake of it.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont profess for one minute to know exactly what Connor brings to the table.

However imo, and it is purely my opinion, the guy is the common denominator is what has been a frankly $$$$ poor, amateur coaching set up that this club has had since for as long as i can remember.

We need a complete set of brand new ideas coaching wise, we need a more more professional set up, and if the strict wage caps are to be adhered to from a transfers perspective then i suggest we need to pay a damn site more attention to the coaching set up at the club. Swansea, Nowrich and West Brom have a similar, if not even more rigid, wages structure than us, yet are ligt years ahead in terms of player spotting and player development.

The club has been run like a old boys network for way too long, everyone is way too pally and, frankly, failure is accepted way too easily.

Will be very dissapointed if there isnt a clean sweep of all coaching staff.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is absolutely no logic to wanting him out...it's just pointing fingers for the sake of it.

It is and its pathetic. All the anti-Morgan rhetoric by posters who don't know whats truly going on. All the anti-Jez stuff. It's $$$$ing pathetic.

Take a look at other clubs and then be grateful.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont profess for one minute to know exactly what Connor brings to the table.

However imo, and it is purely my opinion, the guy is the common denominator is what has been a frankly $$$$ poor, amateur coaching set up that this club has had since for as long as i can remember.

We need a complete set of brand new ideas coaching wise, we need a more more professional set up, and if the strict wage caps are to be adhered to from a transfers perspective then i suggest we need to pay a damn site more attention to the coaching set up at the club. Swansea, Nowrich and West Brom have a similar, if not even more rigid, wages structure than us, yet are ligt years ahead in terms of player spotting and player development.

The club has been run like a old boys network for way too long, everyone is way too pally and, frankly, failure is accepted way too easily.

Will be very dissapointed if there isnt a clean sweep of all coaching staff.

I will admit I think we are light on coaching staff. I will also say I don't know if Connor is any good etc.

I imagine a new man will bring his team in

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It is and its pathetic. All the anti-Morgan rhetoric by posters who don't know whats truly going on. All the anti-Jez stuff. It's $$$$ing pathetic.

Take a look at other clubs and then be grateful.

Fan's are daft.

Morgan acts....but there are four other clubs in serious debt and IN fear of actual 'FAILURE'...but they remain conspicuous by their inaction....

You can't do right for wrong.

E

Essex Wolf

We've stayed up for 2 years Essex. Maybe this year it will be 3. When was the last time Wolves did that???

On that basis the club should have kept McCarthy on then, yes?

Since promotion the club have struggled and appear to be going backwards.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Since promotion they have tried to establish themselves as a Premier League club, which is damn hard.

McCarthy, saldy even for me HAD to go. Noone has any evidence to suggest Connor's role or lack of role. He's been here through 4 managers which says a lot.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Since promotion, the club have succeeded in staying in the Premier League for two seasons.

That's successful by any barometer.

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whether or not you blame him for anything (it was his idea to bring on Doyle), it would be unproductive to can him; his knowledge of our players is far too valuable. He can't just jot down everything he knows on his way out the door. A new manager may bring in some mates but I think he'll keep Terry around also, at least for a while. Of course four of them just kept him forever....

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not going to vote because like most people on here, I have no idea what he actually does.

I would also think that it is up to the new manager to decide who he wants to work with.

What I would like to know is, is who is responsible for coaching the skill out of our players?

Strats

Reaction score
TC is very well though of in the game, I've heard a few favourable comments, over the years, from those inside the game.

but ... agree that it's maybe time for a 'new brush to sweep clean' ... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

E

Essex Wolf

Since promotion they have tried to establish themselves as a Premier League club, which is damn hard.

McCarthy, saldy even for me HAD to go. Noone has any evidence to suggest Connor's role or lack of role. He's been here through 4 managers which says a lot.

NWW, last season Wolves survived by the skin of their teeth but instead of taking stock of just how close a shave they had had they tried to carry on with a policy that wasn't working too well and this season looks as if it could prove very costly.

Yes Mick did have to go but sadly it was a left late and whoever the new manager turns out to be has a real fight on his hands and about 6 fewer games than he should have been given but that's history and nowt we can change now.

As for Connor, don't know the man and have nothing against him but he has been part of a failed set up and seeing as every season so far Wolves have struggled in the PL it is just my view that a whole new set up is required and that includes replacing Connor.

What is odd is that Connor seems to be getting a lot of backing and priase yet over 80% think he should go.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NWW, last season Wolves survived by the skin of their teeth but instead of taking stock of just how close a shave they had had they tried to carry on with a policy that wasn't working too well and this season looks as if it could prove very costly.

Yes Mick did have to go but sadly it was a left late and whoever the new manager turns out to be has a real fight on his hands and about 6 fewer games than he should have been given but that's history and nowt we can change now.

As for Connor, don't know the man and have nothing against him but he has been part of a failed set up and seeing as every season so far Wolves have struggled in the PL it is just my view that a whole new set up is required and that includes replacing Connor.

Which is fine mate - I have no opinion either way! My tirade is against those who have a pop at him regardless of what he does

E

Essex Wolf

Which is fine mate - I have no opinion either way! My tirade is against those who have a pop at him regardless of what he does

People get upset, frustrated, annoyed etc etc.They vent these things elsewhere and Connor seems to get some of their grief.

Deep down I don't care who does what as long as they do a good job. This season there hasn't been enough good work done by all parties involved with he playing side of hings and hence I feel a whole new set up is called for.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
.........he has been part of a failed set up............

Where do you draw the line on that one? Start with the manager, move on to the coaching staff, scouts, senior pros, junior pros, the board? You can get rid of the bloody lot if you want but being "part of a failed set up" doesn't quite work for me. It's like scrapping a car 'cos the radio doesn't work.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Yep that includes me. I have no inside knowledge of who relly does what on the coaching side, so can't comment. Do any of us? If anyone really knows, share.

E

Essex Wolf

Where do you draw the line on that one? Start with the manager, move on to the coaching staff, scouts, senior pros, junior pros, the board? You can get rid of the bloody lot if you want but being "part of a failed set up" doesn't quite work for me. It's like scrapping a car 'cos the radio doesn't work.

Good point but those running the playing side of things were not doing a very good job JW and even the most staunch supporter of McCarthy can argue otherwise. His record as a PL is terrible and I've read many times now the worst of any PL manager.

On the basis things were going badly I'd say those managing and/or coaching were failing.

I agree you could unload the lot seeing as things are in a mess but McCarthy signed the majority of the current squad so he has to take ultimate blame but Connor was his right hand man and between them the football and results had worsened.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for Connor to go when the new manager comes in. Fresh ideas needed.

Back
Top Bottom