Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Spurs

T

TheConcourse

Bit of a free hit this one IMO when you factor in new faces, quality of the opposition, away from home, players returning from injury. Really tough game.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Jonny
Donk Neves Nunes
Guedes Raul Neto

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d expect Nunes to be given some time to settle in before starting.
I’d also assume the retuning injured players won’t quite be ready to start. Preston will be a good first game back for them and Nunes.
Sa
Jonny Collins killman RAN
Donk Neves
Guedes podence Neto
Hwang
I also wouldn’t be shocked to see:

Sa
Collins Boly Killman
Jonny Donk Neves RAN
Guedes Podence Neto
!​

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes needs to start straight away. Same for Guedes. Play your best players!

I don't agree with benching them for majority of their first game. Probably be 3-0 down by the time they come on.
Agree. Assuming Jimenez isn't quite ready I'd put Traore and Neto either side of Guedes. Traore needs to play, either to get confidence (and new contract?!) or to put him in the shop window. No one will buy him if he's stuck on the bench. I also think he's a better option than Podence or Hwang.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Would imagine it's too early for Semedo, Moutinho, Raul or Adama to be starting vs Spurs but would hope they get at least an hour against Preston for match fitness.

Could see both Guedes and Nunes starting tomorrow though:

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Dendoncker Neves Nunes
Guedes Hwang Neto

Adama, Raul and Podence all game-changing options from the bench, with Moutinho potentially to come on and manage the tempo if we're holding out for a result.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope we just go for it.

Sa-Semedo-Collins-Kilman-RAN-Neves-Dendoncker-Nunes-Neto-Raul-Guedes

No messing around!

Sa-Jonny-Boly-Toti-Moutinho-Cundle-Traore-Hwang-Podence on the bench.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be an unpopular opinion - Raul is no where near the same condition he was in 2019/20

1660921939989.png

1660922244751.png

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Maybe Bruno doesn’t want to give away the team to early
He didn’t actually say that they wouldn’t start

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fitness issues for me are different to tactical issues.....Nunes will definitely start as we will want 3 midfielders for this game....so he has to play...... same with guedes he is 100% fit has to start either centrally or wide..

Obviously Semedo Raul moutinho traore will need managing and probably only make the bench....I would expect all of them to start against Preston Tuesday.......but we can make 5 subs against Spurs so Raul may play say 45/60 mins

Nunes and Guedes have to start whatever formation we play....wouldn't be against a 3-5-2 for this game.....boly in and Neto n guedes up top....

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes needs to be on the left. I know he's played right of the three and up front, but his most effective position by far, is left of the three.

While we're at it, I'm really interested to see how Nunes is utilised. I think it'll be a huge waste to see him in the 2 of a 4231.

His best games have been in the centre of a 343. Obviously, this doesn't mean it's impossible for him to adapt to a slightly different role, but given his main attributes as an almost box-to-box central midfielder, I'd sooner we played 433 to accommodate that.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess:

Sa
Jonny - Collins - Kilman - RAN
Neves
Moutinho - Donck
Neto - Hwang - Guedes​

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Having seen the Nunes video, I just can't see him starting against Spurs. He couldn't train on Wednesday, it was all tests and media, and he said he was tired with the travelling and getting up early. So he would have possibly trained on Thursday and then travelled to London with the squad today ready for an early kick off today. Not much time to recover, bed in with the players and become aware of tactics and team strengths and weaknesses. Also Nuno referred to him and Guedes today as a separate group who needs to be integrated.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that he will start tomorrow as he seems keen to play, but I imagine that the bench is the best we can hope for.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having seen the Nunes video, I just can't see him starting against Spurs. He couldn't train on Wednesday, it was all tests and media, and he said he was tired with the travelling and getting up early. So he would have possibly trained on Thursday and then travelled to London with the squad today ready for an early kick off today. Not much time to recover, bed in with the players and become aware of tactics and team strengths and weaknesses. Also Nuno referred to him and Guedes today as a separate group who needs to be integrated.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that he will start tomorrow as he seems keen to play, but I imagine that the bench is the best we can hope for.
I expect they are far from integrated with the rest of the Al-Ittihad squad

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman RAN
Neves Donk Nunes
Neto Hwang Guedes
My choice as well, although Neves would probably be in the middle and Leander will be making runs, as usual. But I think you start safe and industrious like this and then look to a rich bench. If Nunes is fit he’s ready. Even this MF is excellent, never mind when Moutinho comes on for Leander. I like Pod and Adama better off the bench, I want Raul and Joao to make their first appearances as subs, and other than a couple big errors RAN has been better than Jonny and I don’t expect the errors to continue. But all 5 of those guys could make it into the game.

Back
Top Bottom