Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Rennes

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it fair to say all talk of Creswell needs to be put to bed and RAN must stay?
The only two reasons for letting RAN go are firstly his reported family issues which it is claimed means that he wants to move back to France or secondly that we are utterly skint. There are no sensible football reasons to do so.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this the Comms Thread?????
Can’t be !!!!
Positivity gushing out through the front door!!!!!!!

Shome mishtake surely….?
An even bigger shock than a positive comms thread…is that it was a positive, attacking performance that warrants it.
Mind you, we’ve seen decent performances get slated on the comms thread before, so yeah I suppose that’s novel.
Does show how shocking we’ve been for minimum 2 years overall, that when the team does turn a very good one in, even the grumblers can’t find anything to moan about.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't saying he was good or bad. I was just showing how silly it is to look at just tackling stats to say RAN is one of the best defenders in the league lol
I agree!! 100%

Stats alone aren’t how you say a player is good or not. Video or watching them live to see the situation or if the stat is gained by correcting mistakes (which his mostly are)

Getting pelters off on guy for it….

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Any idea on what team the rennes put out. First/second/mix. Just trying to benchmark between their previous wins over forest and west ham

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Dust off your passports lads and lasses, wim off on another European jolly!!!!

That's a really good side we've bossed today.

So many positives from today but Nunes was sheer class. Massive season for him. Fabio, who we threw in at the deep end, has matured massively. Well impressive.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Semedo is very poor defensively, as I have said many times. Other prem clubs ear marked him as our weakest link and easiest route to go at to get goals and chances.

Many of his tackles and challenges are from having to correct his terrible ability to keep track of his man or jogging/walking as his man sprints past him to get a through ball or lofted pass into space as he has a massive weakness in being able to read the flight of a pass well getting caught under it far to often for a top level defender. most of his completed tackles, challenges and blocks are recovery challenges on the whole and not early stage stoppers of momentum and play.

So stats will tell you a picture, but only lazy people don’t look into the video analysis of those stats to see the full picture.

As if someone shoots lazily from 30 yards to kill time and it rolls harmlessly to the keeper and another lad bangs one from 6 yards and the keeper makes a world class save, statistically you would say the two players are both equally good at hitting the target when in reality only one of the actually is when talking about elite level sports performance
Conjecture.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes will be worth 60m in a couple of years, he's going to be a legend in the old gold.
Whoever scouted him deserves a medal.

DTR2W7C77BHLJBOPKVUWKMQY2A.jpg

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conjecture.
Based on the words of people at clubs like arsenal who work in video and stat analysis who I still talk to.

So I would say it is fairly accurate description of him and his weaknesses.

The Leeds goal at molineux last season was the same move run exactly the same way in less than 3 mins. Because their are major questions about the level of his footballing intelligence defensively

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear Julen
In the time you have been here the fans have been generally impressed with the way you helped us stay up and in pre season, how much more attacking and creative we look. That is in spite of few additions.
But now you have a choice. you can follow Nuno and Neves into Wolves folklore by being the manager who stayed in spite of a lack of signings, and you can help us have an excellent season. This would build on a positive preseason. Personally, I think the pressure is off.

We as fans have seen that the club needed to trim the fat.

And it has.

Now it is your job, for which you will be paid very very well, to lead us to the next stage. It’s really now if you fancy doing that. Or if you want a payday in Saudi Arabia? Personally, I hope you stay and I hope you deliver on the promise that the team has shown during this preseason. The ball however, he is very much in your court.

Do you take the money? Or do you go for the glory?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of respect and a level playing field to be honest but there we are. Noticeable my posts were targeted yet others saying exactly the same werent. One of the reasons I stopped posting for a week the other week.
you should never feel you can’t post, but inevitably having one of the more polarising viewpoints comes with inevitable traffic buddy.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Enjoyed today. Thought our chance creation and decision making was far better second half. Think we are a couple of players away from a good season.

Also, does anyone know if podence was actually on the bench today? Didn’t see him or see him warm up?

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the words of people at clubs like arsenal who work in video and stat analysis who I still talk to.

So I would say it is fairly accurate description of him and his weaknesses.

The Leeds goal at molineux last season was the same move run exactly the same way in less than 3 mins. Because their are major questions about the level of his footballing intelligence defensively
**** me Leam, we get you don’t like him

giphy.gif

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The other thing I like very much, is that we no longer look like a team of lightweights that will lose every 50/50 ball. The midfield of steel, that we have needed for sooo long.

100% - the physicality is what setup the positive result. Rennes couldn't go with us to start that 2nd half, we came out and played at full juice and they were like wtf. 15 mins into it they slowed the game down with some tactical injuries (the guy holding his face after Nunes mugged him was hilarious) to get a grip again but it was just about over by then.

That is the standard set for how we need to play at home, imposing, purposeful with plenty of skill - hope it's bottled in the memory banks, real good football.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half best we’ve played for a while

More of that we will be okay

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only negative was Podence on the bench ahead of one of the young lads.

The rest was magic. Scott and Elvedi and we’re good to go.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree!! 100%

Stats alone aren’t how you say a player is good or not. Video or watching them live to see the situation or if the stat is gained by correcting mistakes (which his mostly are)

Getting pelters off on guy for it….

Interesting that his excellent tackling stats are for correcting mistakes(at least he corrects them) while Bueno only manages to win 66% of his tackles thus not correcting as many of his own mistakes.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a really different feeling. After all this ffp ****e I see that the squad looks a pack and the lack looks hungry. We will have a rollercoaster season. Cup final? Oh please
I feel similar. Football is good, players look like they're up for it and enjoying it (and we have some very good players), daring to look forward to this season!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“We saw two completely different halves. A fairly balanced first, with good things from us, chances, play. Then, at the start of the second, we were much more on the back foot, we had a lot of trouble getting the balls out in the face of opposing pressure . We conceded a lot of situations and chances at the start of the second. The end of the match was somewhat balanced with the many changes, but we suffered more and suffered more overall in this period.

We didn't need a booster shot, maybe for all the observers who saw us fighting for the title, that's good. We know where we are, we have our heads well positioned on our shoulders. There were a lot of good things in this preparation. We played a very good team tactically, physically, technically... It's a good rehearsal for what awaits us in the league. We know that we are not yet at 100%, it is normal. We still have a week to ramp up before the first day. We must not forget all that has been done well.

Since Brest, there are a lot of positives in our game, with or without the ball. We saw again today that against a more powerful, solid team, we had to win in this area. We were beaten in a lot of duels, aerial, on the ground and in one on one. That's what we have to work on, also on the defensive aspect. As much in the first period, we defended rather well, but we did it in a more disorderly way in the second, which left a lot more space and possibilities for this team. »
Bruno Genesio, manager of Rennes, was quite complimenting of us. Julen has worked wonders in transforming the identity of this squad this preseason...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that his excellent tackling stats are for correcting mistakes(at least he corrects them) while Bueno only manages to win 66% of his tackles thus not correcting as many of his own mistakes.
Where did I compare him and Bueno?

I have said a few times on here, bueno while immensely talented isn’t ready for the prem yet.

I think we need a new LB that is younger than cresswell if there is truth that RAN wants to leave. Which I see as a massive shame.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most predictions I’ve seen from both pundits and fans have us going down. I’m not really surprised with the amount of negative press we’ve had over summer, not helped by Lopetegui’s interviews. Hopefully we can reach a compromise on incomings because the core group of players is good, we just need a little bit more.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Folk not taking the time to look at a video analysis of Semedo are not lazy. They are normal human beings not obsessing to prove a point
Last season you only had to watch a few matches to see the established pattern of play the opposition teams used to exploit Semedo's weaknesses.
I expect to see the same this coming season.
Sometimes moving players on benefits both club and player.
Hopefully Doc will make a difference if the pattern of last season is repeated.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most predictions I’ve seen from both pundits and fans have us going down. I’m not really surprised with the amount of negative press we’ve had over summer, not helped by Lopetegui’s interviews. Hopefully we can reach a compromise on incomings because the core group of players is good, we just need a little bit more.
It’s just very lazy journalism.
We will get more points than we did last season.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad we played well again as I think this squad is much maligned and a lot better than people think. We need a cb for sure but now we seem to have thrown off the horrific defensive shackles we can see what they can do.

Still be good to get scott as one for the future.

Back
Top Bottom