Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Liverpool

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
With Podence out, I’d personally like to go back to the side (Marcal aside) and mentality that had a real go against United and Spurs.

Sa
Kilman, Coady, Saiss
Semedo, Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Trincao, Raul, Adama

Expect it to be that but Hwang for one of Adama or Trincao.

Think the best form of defence against Liverpool is attack so hoping Adama and Trincao/Hwang can force their full-backs back a bit.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know he's a Living God to some people on here, I know I'll get dog's abuse, but I don't want Moutinho in the team. Re-watch the Burnley game: two, three, four touches and then a safe pass. He dictates the pace of our play and it is far too slow. He's been a fantastic player but time has caught up with him. Neves and Donk in midfield from now on

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Double-bag down the left with both Marcal and Ait-Nouri up against Salah.

Fill the midfield with all our available senior centre mids.

Defend, defend, defend, then get it to Adama and hope for the best.

Sa

Kilman---Coady---Saiss---Marcal

Semedo---Neves---Dendonker---Moutinho---Ait-Nouri

Adama​

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
I know he's a Living God to some people on here, I know I'll get dog's abuse, but I don't want Moutinho in the team. Re-watch the Burnley game: two, three, four touches and then a safe pass. He dictates the pace of our play and it is far too slow. He's been a fantastic player but time has caught up with him. Neves and Donk in midfield from now on
I'm with you on this, everyone thinks he's a genius who controls the game but if its as slow and fruitless as it is, what's the point?

I don't understand why we haven't seen a combination of midfielders or a line up that doesn't include him, so we don't even know if we are right or wrong and neither can the managers

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree 100%. Not to mention his set plays are utterly pathetic as well.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Double-bag down the left with both Marcal and Ait-Nouri up against Salah.

Fill the midfield with all our available senior centre mids.

Defend, defend, defend, then get it to Adama and hope for the best.

Sa

Kilman---Coady---Saiss---Marcal

Semedo---Neves---Dendonker---Moutinho---Ait-Nouri

Adama​
I'd changed that line up:
Drop Adama and put Ruddy in nets with Sa

geowolf

Reaction score
……………………Sa
…..Kilman…..Coady……Saiss
Semedo….Neves…..Moutinho….RAN
…….Traore…….Jiminez……Hwang

Think there's also a possibility Bruno might go for 3 in midfield with Traore & Raul up top.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
……………………Sa
…..Kilman…..Coady……Saiss
Semedo….Neves…..Moutinho….RAN
…….Traore…….Jiminez……Hwang

Think there's also a possibility Bruno might go for 3 in midfield with Traore & Raul up top.
The latter is how I would go.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much we can do in terms of changes maybe Dendoncker for Moutinho but I'd expect it will be the same team as Wednesday with Neves for Dendoncker.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ. Painful lack of creativity.

Worked well enough in our first year in the prem. Adama and Trinaco aren't exactly creating goals. Might as well get an extra man in the middle and have Donk more freedom to make runs from deep and get Hwang Closer to Raul

superwolves

Reaction score
Would be swopping the wing backs this game Hoever on the right traore on the left to give trent something to worry about and try stop him getting forward. Neves back in. Trincao hwang Raul front 3

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
With Podence out, I’d personally like to go back to the side (Marcal aside) and mentality that had a real go against United and Spurs.

Sa
Kilman, Coady, Saiss
Semedo, Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Trincao, Raul, Adama

Expect it to be that but Hwang for one of Adama or Trincao.

Think the best form of defence against Liverpool is attack so hoping Adama and Trincao/Hwang can force their full-backs back a bit.
Absolutely, sit back and we may as well forefit.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect Traore will play. He had a good game against Burnley so perhaps he‘s in a good place.
He’s not much good at hunting for the ball so Bruno needs to tell the players to give the ball to him more often.
And keep him near the half…..engine idling…

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk? Moutinho over him any day of the week because we have no alternative. But Donk, please god almighty, no!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Hwang needs a rest but we lose half our goals without him. He works so hard too. Nope, Trincao not for me, so same starting XI as for Burnley, except Neves back for the Belgian Waffle, praise the Lord! If we are struggling, then early changes, so subs have time to impact the game. This is a free hit, so try something different, subs wise, Bruno.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would go 3-5-2 in this game personally, with Traore and Raul up top. The rest of the team picks itself.

Same here. Neves in for Hwang is the only change I'd make from Burnley but it remains to be seen whether Bruno plays the extra midfielder

The biggest drawback is, as somebody mentioned, we look less creative (on paper) especially with fullbacks who don't venture into the box anywhere near as much as Jonny and Doc used to

Montana_Man

Groupie
Reaction score
Traore will play to showcase him to Liverpool when they inevitably go in for him in January

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though Dendoncker wasnt great against Burnley I want to see him play alongside Neves. Moutinho slows things down too much and his set pieces are awful most of the time.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He dictates the pace of our play and it is far too slow.

This is exactly what I said to my dad leaving the ground on Wednesday. We’re relying on him to be the creative force and for whatever reason (age, mentality etc) he’s just not the answer.

I would’ve liked to have seen a midfield 3 of Donk and Moutinho sat behind Cundle to offer him some defensive security, but with Neves back I don’t think that’ll happen now.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd happily sell Traore in January but this is one of the few games where I can see he offers something more than our other wide forwards. We are very unlikely to have a lot of possession so having someone playing who can produce something out of nothing makes sense. Traore might, and it's a big might, do something special. If he's on the pitch it gives Liverpool something to think about whereas Trincao would barely worry Tranmere let alone Liverpool.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I would go 3-5-2 in this game personally, with Traore and Raul up top. The rest of the team picks itself.
Agreed - need to win the midfield battle and disrupt Liverpool from quick breaks from the middle of the park. Wingbacks must have a good game for us to get anything from the game...hope they are resting up.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would try something different

Sa
Kilman Coady Saiss
Semedo Neves Cundle Moutinho Ait-Nouri
Traore
Raul

We have nothing to lose and this is a game where we need another man in the middle otherwise they will just walk through us

Keep the tempo slow as possible and try and counter on them. Our wingbacks Semedo and Ait-Nouri don’t create much so it’s going to be hard to see where the goals are coming from. Still we are due a result against them. Maybe Lady Luck will take our side!!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly not the 2 of Neves and Moutinho. One is ok, but the both, no. That said Donk was hardly Mr forward thinking at the weekend either. A central midfield player who occasionally runs with the ball and can pass forward would transform our team. We can see it. Surely the powers that be can. That and the back 3 elephant in the room are the 2 things holding us back...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah he was very culpable on Wednesday of slowing the game down. We could all see the pass that was on but he had to take another touch or two before playing it

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though Dendoncker wasnt great against Burnley I want to see him play alongside Neves. Moutinho slows things down too much and his set pieces are awful most of the time.
Donk would slow it down just as much in place of Moutinho. He was far better and braver on the ball than I expected against Burnley, but he’s still nowhere near an ageing Mouts in being able to be constantly available and move it on.
Donk for Moutinho doesn’t really solve a problem. It makes some things a little better, some things plenty worse.
They could work as a 3. Until Donk shows that kind of performance, and better, regularly on the ball, we’re not really gaining anything.

superwolves

Reaction score
Sa
Hoever kilman coady saiss traore
Neves moutinho
Trincao Raul Hwang

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing a high line would simply allow the ball over the top for Jota, Mane and Salah so against Liverpool I think we have to sit in and try to hurt them on the break. Probably a game therefore where Traore has to play whereas I think Trincao would have been more suited against Burnley.
Any corners for us and we will probably have to leave Semedo and either RAN or Traore back as they are so dangerous from opposition corners.
Should be room behind TAA to exploit if we can, but let’s be honest we are playing them bang in form.
Will be a big test for Max tomorrow and these are the games where if he plays well he will get the appropriate media recognition.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing a high line would simply allow the ball over the top for Jota, Mane and Salah so against Liverpool I think we have to sit in and try to hurt them on the break. Probably a game therefore where Traore has to play whereas I think Trincao would have been more suited against Burnley.
Any corners for us and we will probably have to leave Semedo and either RAN or Traore back as they are so dangerous from opposition corners.
Should be room behind TAA to exploit if we can, but let’s be honest we are playing them bang in form.
Will be a big test for Max tomorrow and these are the games where if he plays well he will get the appropriate media recognition.
Mick would have us playing the offside trap lol

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman, Coady, Saiss
Semedo, Neves, Donk, RAN
Raul, Hee Chan, Adama

It is important that adama attacks the spaces left behind by the right back. It is important that Raul doesn't get into a physical battle with Van Dijk, and picks on Andy Robertson. Literally pick the f
It is important that they are a front 3, and we give their full backs something to think about. And that we make the pitch as big as possible. Go long and chase it if we need to.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter who Lage picks. Play like we did against Norwich and Burnley, we’re gonna get royally ****ing battered.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s is a free hit to a degree so I would try Traore in the one position he has rarely played.

Two up front with him and Raul, with Traore slightly in front (on the shoulder of the last defender). That would stop their defence pushing up, as leaving a big space in behind would mean one pass into that space and Traore is potentially clean through. Surely worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom