Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Forest

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa back, Bueno injured? 4 or 5;at back?

Bentley
Dawson Kilman Toti
Doc Lemina Gomes Semedo
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang

Subs King Bueno Chirewa Doyle Traore Sarabia Sasa Silva +1

Bellegarde in for rotation not dropping Sarabia.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Think Bueno was just very bad cramp wasn't it? Hopefully fine to go again.

Actually feel like it's hard to put Sa back in after Bentley's played nearly 2 games without conceding.

So maybe the same side again for me if there are no injury issues.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley
Semedo Kilman Dawson Toti Bueno
Lemina Gomes
Bellegarde
Hwang Cunha

It’s a tough one as last night we were blunt going forward but we don’t have the options we need in attacking areas.

Would be tempted to play Traore for Bellegarde in case it’s a scrap early doors.

Bentley doesn’t really deserve to be dropped yet but I can see Sa coming in if fit.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can people not see we play 4-4-2..

And have been for a bit ...

As the pressure is off , if Bueno is out gamble......just use both Sarabia n bellegarde....
As I’ve said elsewhere, if we were genuinely playing a back 4 Dawson would be on the right and Killman on the left. It is a fluid system, but its basis is a back 3/5.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I’ve said elsewhere, if we were genuinely playing a back 4 Dawson would be on the right and Killman on the left. It is a fluid system, but its basis is a back 3/5.
I thought it was quite rigid yesterday as 4-4-2.....

There was next to no movement away from it... obviously Bueno helped defensively....but the lack of movement apart was very rigid in 4-4-2.......hence we didn't notice Cunha at all....as his movement or instructions were very rigid.....off course it can switch but it was more 4-4-2

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There was next to no movement away from it... obviously Bueno helped defensively....but the lack of movement apart was very rigid in 4-4-2.......hence we didn't notice Cunha at all....as his movement or instructions were very rigid.....off course it can switch but it was more 4-4-2
Who scored average positions suggests it was still a hybrid between the two with Bueno higher than Semedo, and with Dawson pretty much central and Gomes wider than Kilman but still narrower than a typical full back.

1701852626496.png

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Bentley

Kilman Dawson Toti

Semedo Lemina Bellegarde Ait-Nouri

Sarabia Hwang Cunha

Red card for MGW

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
id play both bellegarde and sarabia if ran isnt fit

with

a 4-2-3-1

Bentley

Semedo Kilman Dawson Toti

Gomes Lemina

Cunha Sarabia Bellegarde

Hwang

If rans fit back to the trust just straight swap out for bueno, but bring bellegarde on earlier!!!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

Oddly I've been saying that for ages, at Sheff U for example, and initially at Fulham, it looked totally 442 to me, even out of possession RAN wasn't dropping back at all. Last night though I felt it was much more wing backs. I did think we went a bit 442 for a time in the second half. My biggest issue with it first half was that Sarabia and even more so Hwang were so wide. Semedo also got forward much more. I bet him and Bueno had similar heat maps.

Edit - maybe not, Bueno a bit wider and less defensive work, they did attack down their left a lot though.IMG_20231206_091429.jpg

fleck1

Reaction score
Sa for Bentley only change if fit, he's our number one and come straight back in. Sounds like RAN is a couple of weeks away, without Neto I, think we lack options with legs off the bench when starting Hwang, Bellegarde and Cunha together, so maybe Sarabia again with one of the other three to add some pace against tired legs in the second half.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa/Bentley
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, RAN/Toti
Lemina, Traore
Neto/Sarabia, Bellegarde, Hwang
Cunha

Rowzed

Reaction score
or he’s not fit and it finding his confidence again.
He‘s in off the back of a load related injury, I doubt he will start both games in the week if there is an alternative ( Rayan or Doc, presumably not Jonny )
He didn’t look like he was wanting to get too far forward and take his man on perhaps because he doesn’t believe he has the top end pace to recover yet. But he has the drive to recover fully with time, and will be needed as the December fixtures mount up.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really want us to get at these from the whistle, they're fragile and there for the taking. I'd love to see:

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Toti
Gomes Lemina
Bellegarde Sarabia Hwang
Cunha

Neto for Sarabia if fit and move Bellegarde behind Cunha.

That said, I think we stick with the 5 defenders.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
He‘s in off the back of a load related injury, I doubt he will start both games in the week if there is an alternative ( Rayan or Doc, presumably not Jonny )
He didn’t look like he was wanting to get too far forward and take his man on perhaps because he doesn’t believe he has the top end pace to recover yet. But he has the drive to recover fully with time, and will be needed as the December fixtures mount up.
Not to mention during AFCON.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who scored average positions suggests it was still a hybrid between the two with Bueno higher than Semedo, and with Dawson pretty much central and Gomes wider than Kilman but still narrower than a typical full back.

View attachment 38868
But it also has Gomes stood on Lemina's shoulders

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
---------------------Sa-------------------
-Semedo----Dawson----Kilman-----Toti-
-------------Lemina-----Gomes---------
-Bellegarde--------Sarabia--------Hwang-
------------------Cunha-------------------

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do wonder how these playing permutations come to mean so much to we mere spectators. As pointed out we may well have been playing to one that would be all the rage ... if only we would adopt it!!;)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put them to the sword, fragile, and if they arent playing for cooper really turn the knife

Early goal should see us through

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
---------------------Sa-------------------
-Semedo----Dawson----Kilman-----Toti-
-------------Lemina-----Gomes---------
-Bellegarde--------Sarabia--------Hwang-
------------------Cunha-------------------
Would also be tempted to play Toti LB in a 4 as Bueno clearly isn't fit yet at LWB and isn't really offering going forward.

You'd be tempted to keep Hwang more central though and have Cunha in a wider position, considering the former's eye for a goal. I think that was the plan on Tuesday during the second half, too.

geowolf

Reaction score
Control the midfield….

………………….Bentley
Semedo…..Kilman….Dawson…..Toti
………Doyle….Gomes….Lemina
………………..Bellegarde
……………Cunha……..Hwang

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clean sheet and the 3 forwards combined to score the winner on Tuesday. One of the things I like about GON is he nearly always picks the most logical team that a lot of posters pick, guessing a Lopetegui or Lage team was impossible, although the former used subs to have a finishing team as well as a starting team, GON is more of a start your best available team man........ so expect an unchanged side on Saturday, it's the logical choice.

Back
Top Bottom