Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs City

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to kick off where we boot the ball out of play for a throw in, then don’t see the ball for 10 minutes
Yep 30 % possession against 70% and backs to the wall .

I just hope we try Traore and keep him high and they clip the balls over the top to stretch them . Otherwise I think it will be a long afternoon .

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo Collins Kilman Toti Jonny

Nunes Neves Moutinho

Adama Neto
Think the best (only?) way to get at them for us is fast counters. If we can get any two on twos by getting the ball out quickly when we manage to get it then I want our two quickest and most direct players to be the outlets. The rest of them (slightly barring Nunes who will be key in getting us turned against them) have to be switched on for the whole game

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Adama even fit? No sign of him in the latest training pics.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well I'm excited for the game, haven't seen us play City (other than on tv) for ages, really looking forward to seeing Haaland and KdB play.
Be good to see how we stack up against the best team in the land, we'll probably lose but you just never know with football. Just hope we don't get panned.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How did Palace do so well against them? Wasn't it playing longish balls out to Zaha who made every right decision?
Pace hurts them at the back which is something we've got, Sa's, Neves and Kilmans long passes have to be spot on tomorrow.
Maybe pray for us as well, maybe need Harland to pull up with his hamstring in the warm up as well!

Reaction score
How did Palace do so well against them? Wasn't it playing longish balls out to Zaha who made every right decision?
Pace hurts them at the back which is something we've got, Sa's, Neves and Kilmans long passes have to be spot on tomorrow.
Maybe pray for us as well, maybe need Harland to pull up with his hamstring in the warm up as well!

We have pace but lack the right decision making.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We did the double over them not that long ago. We used to give them a good game. What has changed for us that means now we are not able to even compete against them?
We're not as good as then? Under Nuno there was no better counter attacking side in the Prem in my opinion. We were devastating.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something going on there surely. Has he thrown his toys out the pram about being dropped?
Genuinely think hes unfit and shouldnt have come back from his first injury - imo. Didnt look at the races really either game.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen
@LiamKeen_Star
·
1m

On Diego Costa: "When I first came to Wolves I asked about Diego but he wanted to go back to his country. We are very happy with him but know he needs time to be ready. He is fit but he needs to be ready to compete at this level." #wwfc

Incoming Costa Cameo - tomorrow

Liam Keen

@LiamKeen_Star
·
1m

Will Costa make the bench? "Lets see. We have one more day." #wwfc

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score

Team news: "Raul is still not available and not working with the team. He needs time to recover and is having some treatment." #wwfc

as we expected, and what i surmised - i expect he might not even return after the international break.

Weird one, not sure what's up with him really as no details on his injury.

In the video they just published on the Wolves youtube channel he was there for the first team photo and not for training, but he looked happy enough and was walking around so really no idea what's going on.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird one, not sure what's up with him really as no details on his injury.

In the video they just published on the Wolves youtube channel he was there for the first team photo and not for training, but he looked happy enough and was walking around so really no idea what's going on.
They were talking about chronic fatigue.

Think he is struggling with niggles/fitness, but not to be training with the team at all, suggests something else/fitness wise

dont think its attitude issues

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul still has fatigue according to Madeley. A bit worrying.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is a funny one
The first reports we had was a groin strain,then chronic fatigue
There were rumours of a bust up last season with him Jonny and Bruno
Perhaps we are all reading too much into this as far as attitude is concerned,but it doesnt feel right with the mixed messaging
I hope its just a slight strain and not being fully match fit at the seasons start,but fatigue doesnt sound right to stop any training

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is mentally shot and is being removed from the spot light. He hasn’t come back to his same levels since that bad injury and the lad looks like he maybe struggling with it mentally

Reactions: Ian

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn’t want to exacerbate his injury before the World Cup

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add it’s the reason why they went to the free market to get Costa. I genuinely think there is a problem with him and instead of bringing it to light they are protecting him

If that was 3 years ago they would have waited till jan to get someone and relied on Raul as they did for so long

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add it’s the reason why they went to the free market to get Costa. I genuinely think there is a problem with him and instead of bringing it to light they are protecting him

If that was 3 years ago they would have waited till jan to get someone and relied on Raul as they did for so long
Yeah, this is my thoughts too. Playing Raul for the next 12-13 games shouldn't be an issue that needs mitigating in normal circumstances.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Nothing about A Traore but expecting B Traore to start from Bruno comments

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on raul - more details

Raul is weeks away, i can even see costa starting against west ham right now.

Liam Keen article below:

Jimenez pulled out of the squad to face Southampton two weeks ago with a groin injury and Lage has confirmed the striker is still unavailable and has not been training. He will join up with the Mexico national team but only for rehabilitation and he will not play, as he faces 'a few weeks' on the sidelines.

He said: “Raul is still not available and he is still not working with the team. After he was recovering, he needed to play three games in a row, then he was a bit tired – I used the term ‘chronic fatigue’ from not doing a good pre-season.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, Neves, Moutinho
Adama, Podence, Neto

Sarkic, Jonny, Toti, Mosquera, B Traore, Guedes, Hwang, Campbell, Costa

Back
Top Bottom