Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Brentford

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same again (Dawson aside) or refresh?

Bit of both for me.

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Bueno
Hwang Cunha Bellegarde

Subs Bentley RAN Doc Gomes Traore Silva Sasa Sarabia Chirewa

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gary seemed to indicate Neto would be available for Brentford in his pre match,

Same again for me, today shows how much of a miss RAN has been up there with the loss of neto for me, really looking like he will kick on and become one of the best LBs in the world, he was one of the best young LBs when we signed but GON has taken him to the next level.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo Bueno Dawson Kilman Toti

Doyle Lemina Ait-Nouri

Cunha Hwang

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If Dawson is fit, then under normal circumstances, I’d be going unchanged and hopefully having Neto (and others) back on the bench.

However, with such a short turnaround (and Brentford having had this week to rest), I wouldn’t be against some rotation.

RAN is clearly one of our best players (I’ve said since Day 1 he will end up at one of the big European clubs in time) but is coming off an injury and has struggled previously with muscle fatigue. Gomes looked shattered at times in the second half (was an Herculean effort to keep going) and Hwang has a history of muscle injuries so I’d be tempted to rotate/limit minutes for all three ready for Everton.

Sa
Dawson/S Bueno, Kilman, Toti
Semedo, Lemina, Traore, H Bueno
Sarabia, Cunha
Sasa

Bentley, Doherty, RAN, S Bueno, Doyle, Gomes, Fabio, Neto, Bellegarde

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Bueno toti (if Dawson not fit) ran
Lemina Gomes
Cunha sarabia hwang
Sasa

Sa

Semedo Bueno toti ran

Lemina Gomes
Bellegard

sarabia hwang

Sasa

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
—————Sa—————-
Semedo Kilman Dawson Toti Ran
———-Lemina Gomes——-
——-Sarabia Hwang Cunha—

I’m not sure why you’d play anything else at the moment apart from any injuries.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Dawson Toti RAN
Gomes Lemina
Sarabia
Hwang Cunha​

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
It's now time to throw Santi Bueno in the deeper part of the pool, to see if we can swim. I think it would be good to give Dawson a game off, especially if he has an injury from yesterday. He is far too important for us right now to risk him in this game.
We also must rotate slightly in central midfield, Traore to be pushed on again to show his Fulham nightmare was only an exception. So Gomes to start and Lemina to replace him on 60 minutes.
As for the forward line I have no clue, especially if Neto is fit again.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone think doherty should be given a shot in a front 3, he’s one of out beat finishers and always a goal threat, he’s not the greatest defender so it made me think.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Cunha Hwang

I think we score lot more with dynamic players

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends who is fully fit. And if silva and Sasa are effectively unavailable awaiting a January sale….

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rotate a bit to try and keep people fresh given the short turnarounds this week.

Sa

Semedo
Kilman
Bueno
Toti
RAN

Lemina
Doyle

Sarabia
Cunha
Bellegarde

Would actually play Sasa or Fabio but feels pointless even writing it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone think doherty should be given a shot in a front 3, he’s one of out beat finishers and always a goal threat, he’s not the greatest defender so it made me think.
No, can't put in the yards, those front three all work incredibly hard. Last ten minutes though by all means, throw him up there if we need a goal. He does like to put himself in the six yard box whenever we go forward

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Same starting 11 as Sunday, it's our best line up and we should be targeting this as winnable.
Hopefully Neto gets 20 minutes.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing the same team for 3 games in 6 days is just asking for either injury or a tired looking performance along the way. I think we need to refresh a few players for the Brentford game and bring them back in for Everton. Even if it weakens the starting XI.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Playing the same team for 3 games in 6 days is just asking for either injury or a tired looking performance along the way. I think we need to refresh a few players for the Brentford game and bring them back in for Everton. Even if it weakens the starting XI.
Agreed. Although it's not ideal we need to give some players a break because they were out on their feet with about 20 mins left against Chelsea.

Not our strongest eleven but maybe Hugo Bueno for RAN, Bellegard in for Sarabia or Hwang, Doyle for Gomes or Lemina. Might be the case that Dawson will need a game off to allow his knee to heal and that might mean Santi Bueno in for him.

Think this is a very difficult game for us. Brentford have quite a few injuries and suspensions but they are fully rested and will be at it from the start. The difficulty is that we could either target this game or the Everton game with our strongest team, but if we just try to manage both games with multiple changes that fudge both teams we could lose both.

We always seem to get done over at Christmas by the fixtures. Having less time than other teams which has been the case for this and the last two seasons, and this year it's the double whammy of a game against a fully rested Brentford. I'll be delighted with a point tomorrow, even if it means an unambitious defensive performance with a low block.

Reaction score
A lot of tired bodies at the end of the Chelsea game as the lads left everything out on the pitch so, whilst it would be nice to play an unchanged team, it wouldn't surprise me to see a bit of a freshen up. Brentford are a team that play with a lot of energy and have had a nice rest so it's going to be tough.

RAN is only just coming back from injury so we may see Hugo start whilst Santi may get the nod if Dawson still not 100%. Players like Cunha and Hwang looked to have been running on empty near the end on Sunday but as GON does not trust any of the other forwards they will probably have to play again.

Hopefully, the illness will have cleared and we can see a stronger bench that includes Neto.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would like to see Doyle start either tomorrow or Saturday. Likewise Bellegarde if he’s feeling better. Think we need to mix it up a bit between the two games. Then go as full strength as possible in the cup.
We'll definitely need to use the bench, lets hope they're all over the manflu.
Thought Doyle was poor Sunday, but then he was being played as an a forward which clearly he isn't.
I'd be starting our 'first team' in both games injury permitting.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be honest I’ve got no idea. I guess it depends on the fatigue of the players?

I’d go unchanged if everybody is fit and good to go but I also wonder whether a 3 man midfield against this lot might not be the worst idea.

Edit: Brentford are coming in off the back of a 10 day rest as well. Expect them to come flying at us.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of tired bodies at the end of the Chelsea game as the lads left everything out on the pitch so, whilst it would be nice to play an unchanged team, it wouldn't surprise me to see a bit of a freshen up. Brentford are a team that play with a lot of energy and have had a nice rest so it's going to be tough.

RAN is only just coming back from injury so we may see Hugo start whilst Santi may get the nod if Dawson still not 100%. Players like Cunha and Hwang looked to have been running on empty near the end on Sunday but as GON does not trust any of the other forwards they will probably have to play again.

Hopefully, the illness will have cleared and we can see a stronger bench that includes Neto.
Yes, some tired legs, kids on the bench and players recovering from sickness. We will struggle away to a fresh Brentford team. I just hope we don’t rush Pedro back too soon and make things worse.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa, Doc, Kilman, Santi, Toti, Hugo, Bellegarde, Doyle, Lemina, Neto, Cunha

Subs. Gomes, Bentley, Hwang, RAN, Sasa,, Sarabia, Traore, Semedo, Chirewa

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Bueno Killman Toti
Doc Lemina Doyle Bueno
Sarabia Sasa Cunha

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a difficult one as there were many tired players after Chelsea and we don’t know the fitness of several people after illness and injury.
Assuming the worst, think I might play (!):
Sa
Semedo S Bueno Kilman Toti H Bueno
Doyle Bellegarde Traore
Cunha Doc

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary seemed to indicate Neto would be available for Brentford in his pre match,

Same again for me, today shows how much of a miss RAN has been up there with the loss of neto for me, really looking like he will kick on and become one of the best LBs in the world, he was one of the best young LBs when we signed but GON has taken him to the next level.
To get to the outstanding level, he has to start producing definitive moments more often.
But his touch and play between the boxes opens up the pitch so often with his dribbling ability.

Back
Top Bottom