Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v WHU

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do play 3 or 5 at the back watch how deep we will be . Also shows Lage doesn't trust the other defenders so why didn't he sign someone else in case we had a suspension etc .

If the corners and free kicks today are **** I would be summoning him to the board room to detail what the **** the set play is from corners and free kicks .

For the love of God 4 at the back and attack . Go down swinging not retreating with your **** in your hands
I think we should be deeper.

We have pace in the team, we play a high line now and it’s too congested.

The deeper we play the more space the likes of Neto, Podence, Hwang (when fit) etc can play.

Also gives A.Traore a chance!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On paper, it seems absolutely madness to completely throw out our formation and style of play because one defender is suspended. Even more so when the opposition is even worse than us so far this season.

We’ll see what 5.30 brings but hoisted by his own petard springs to mind.

Last edited:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a really good amateur.
Both times I caddied for him was when I had gone to watch a friend. Can't remember what his handicap was, because the tournaments were scratch.
Peter was probably in his 70's and still a good player.

didn't have much time for the current Wolves players of the day.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo kilman Toti Jonny

Neves Nunes

Podence

Traore. Neto

Guedes

Really have to go and attack them or will lose just playing tip Tap football.

Will state this now before people say oh you didn't say that before the game . If he plays 3 at the back or Neves at the back then Shi should fire him before Kick off .
And what did Neves do wrong against city??
Harland didn't get a look in

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep Jony over Semedo, he has played well recently. Gomes in, no Neves at CB please. I suspect neither Costa or B.Traore will start but think we will see both.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On paper, it seems absolutely madness to completely throw out our formation and style of player because one defender is suspended. Even more so when the opposition is even worse than us so far this season.

This is basically what we've always been hearing under Lage though. We can't play a certain way because we don't have a certain player, which means if we were an attractive, attacking side because we'd signed say, Matheus Nunes, the moment he's injured, his replacement and the other ten have to go back to beigeball

It is, as you say, total madness. He should be sticking with whatever he claims to have been practising on the training pitch and replacing Collins with the next defender in the queue

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On paper, it seems absolutely madness to completely throw out our formation and style of player because one defender is suspended. Even more so when the opposition is even worse than us so far this season.

Perhaps you will advise what style we have :( :(

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smallest side ever? Only 2 players with any defensive heading capabilities for corners (and one is a midfielder).

If he really doesn’t value the 2 CBs that is ridiculous.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's a way off but it's where my thoughts lie now. I think 4231 could work -
Sa
Semedo Neves Kilman RAN
Traore Nunes
Neto Podence Guedes
Costa

If Lage is still here he needs to make some big decisions. Moutinho is just too slow now and and Traore looked pretty good in his cameo today. I'd definitely stick Neves beside Kilman whilst Collins is out. And if Costa is only 75% fit I'd still stick him in and tell him to play like Haarland - prowl around the box and take your chances when they come. This game becomes really massive now. Lose with Chelsea up then we really are potentially in trouble. Win, and with the quality in the side you can see a chance that we will move up the table.
Told you?!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
playing neves at CB should be a sackable offence!!!!!

What is this clown smoking?

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would playing a formation we haven’t played all year, with players out of position, be better than just starting Toti, who has delivered before and likely has improved since then? West Ham can’t score either, what’s to fear? Even Bruno couldn’t be that much of a pussy.
When you’re wrong, you’re wrong.

Back
Top Bottom