Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v spurs

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I’m on holiday will miss this one

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only changes I’d make are possibly Sasa out for Bellegarde and Traore or Gomes for Doyle. Play JRB on the right and Hwang on the left of a front 3 with Cunha as the ‘striker.’

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what? I’d go with Fabio to start, it could be a man management masterstroke by GON.

Start with:

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Cunha Fabio Hwang

Fluid front 3 and more mobility than having an unfit Sasa (obviously not his fault).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Simple for me, we need to go back to the back 5 against Spurs. Shield them and play Hwang and Bellegarde narrower.

Kilman-Dawson-Toti
Semedo-Lemina-Troare-RAN
Bellegarde
Hwang-Cunha

(Arrange the front 3 how you like!)
Injuries aside that's surely our best XI players in our best formation. (Only Gomes/Traore is even a discussion for me).

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Sa
Toti Dawson Kilman
Doherty Lemina Doyle Bellegarde RAN
Hwang Cunha

Attack them

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what? I’d go with Fabio to start, it could be a man management masterstroke by GON.

Start with:

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Cunha Fabio Hwang

Fluid front 3 and more mobility than having an unfit Sasa (obviously not his fault).
I get where your coming from, but it’s very hard to make a case to start Silva ahead of Bellegarde or Sasa (whom I do think is perfectly caperble of 45-60 mins).

This is probably our issue with having a player like Silva, we can’t really afford the luxury of allowing him enough minutes to develop.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we’ll play a back 3, but at the same time instruct Toti to follow Maddison about fairly closely? Like I think he did to one of the Man City players (forget who).

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Doherty Kilman Dawson Toti RAN
Gomes Lemina
Cunha Sasa Hwang​
Yep, I like the look of this. Would be bringing on Bellegarde nice and early though, probably for Sasa as he tires after about an hour.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman - Dawson - Toti
Semedo - Gomes - Lemina - RAN
Bellegarde
Hwang - Cunha​
That’s the starting 11 for me.

A rested Gomes back in midfield, with a fully fit Bellegarde replacing Pedro.

Gives us the (with the exception of Bellegarde) the 11 that played so well before Sheff U.

wolfie_tc

Groupie
Reaction score

Start with:

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Cunha Fabio Hwang

Quite like your thinking here, I wish Fabio was given the nod over Sasa to start on Saturday, as I don't think you can judge a player like him on a late appearance when we're chasing the game, I think that's when you need experience the most.

I do think getting Bellegarde in seems like the key to this game but don't think Hwang and Cunha work as well without a 3rd man right up there with them so it'll have to be a striker in there.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Start with:

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Cunha Fabio Hwang

As would I. A Hwang, Cunha and Sasa attack is too ‘obvious’ and without the odd individual burst forward, they are way too static. But then, it would help if we passed to our own players in the oppositions half.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite like your thinking here, I wish Fabio was given the nod over Sasa to start on Saturday, as I don't think you can judge a player like him on a late appearance when we're chasing the game, I think that's when you need experience the most.

I do think getting Bellegarde in seems like the key to this game but don't think Hwang and Cunha work as well without a 3rd man right up there with them so it'll have to be a striker in there.
I completely forgot about Bellegarde!!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind our starting 11 against Spurs, what about Spurs?

Chelsea match tonight and the6 have had Romero sent off, Van Der Ven done his hamstring and off, Madison injured and taken off. All in the first half with 12 minutes added time.

Chelsea have scored a penalty and had god knows how many goals disallowed.

Good, old fashioned, all action first half. If you’ve got nothing to do Mixers, watch the second half.

Spurs are playing such a high defensive line and Chelsea are getting behind them with Sterling playing wide and having a field day. We will miss Neto if this is how they play.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind our starting 11 against Spurs, what about Spurs?

Chelsea match tonight and the6 have had Romero sent off, Van Der Ven done his hamstring and off, Madison injured and taken off. All in the first half with 12 minutes added time.

Chelsea have scored a penalty and had god knows how many goals disallowed.

Good, old fashioned, all action first half. If you’ve got nothing to do Mixers, watch the second half.

Spurs are playing such a high defensive line and Chelsea are getting behind them with Sterling playing wide and having a field day. We will miss Neto if this is how they play.
I personally hope they hang on for some heroic points but are completely shattered for Saturday.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang

loppers86

Reaction score

Start with:

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Cunha Fabio Hwang

i’d put fabio in too. we have a bit of a cushion above the bottom 3 and giving him a run of games might actually lead to a breakthrough for him. Nothing to lose really.

Reactions: Ned

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The better question after Spuds v Chelsea tonight is what will Spuds line up be?

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After watching Spurs v Chelsea, and Spurs very high and very flat back four, and how took Chelsea 75 mins to learn how to stay onside, and then not pass to Spurs rush-goalie, I hope GON instills "time your runs and passes" tactics and these guys persistently breach their back line...and avoid their high press by not faffing around with the ball in our half....

Sa
Kilman Sawson Toti
Doc Doyle Lemina RAN
Bellegarde Cunha Hwang

Last edited:

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The better question after Spuds v Chelsea tonight is what will Spuds line up be?
One of my Spurs mates bemoaning the fact they will now be without four key players.
I told him that really was old school thinking and that they could play the cast of Strictly Come Dancing and still get three points because VAR would ensure we didn’t get any.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Kilman, Dawson, Toti Gomes
Joao Gomes, Lemina
Bellegarde, Hwang, Cunha, Ait-Nouri

Back
Top Bottom