Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team V Chelsea

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s the team right there.

Unless they go 3 at the back in which case either Podence or Guedes drops to the bench.

Hwang, Campbell, Jonny potential options from the bench.

**** thin squad.
I can see Jonny playing from an experienced point of view.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly but have to say …..I’d settle not to be totally walloped and humiliated.
The squad must be near breaking point.
Half a team, no manager, bench ???.
Out of darkness cometh light!

Seriously, I hope Fosun will learn what can happen when you have a small squad.

In 55 years of supporting our great club, I can’t recall a situation like this with injuries, suspensions, illness and sackings!

Oh, btw, who will be our captain tomorrow?

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In 55 years of supporting our great club, I can’t recall a situation like this with injuries, suspensions, illness and sackings!

Kilman as captain?

mcfc

Reaction score
As I recall Man City thought Hodge was excellent but not quite good enough for their academy so recommended him to Sellars and we signed him.
Seen him on live streams and he is very good . He gets stuck in.
He was offered an extension by City. As you are now aware he’s a fabulous baller,a born winner who won almost everything through the age groups at City. You guys are lucky to have him.

Reactions: Ned

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Kilman will be captain

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang Guedes Podence
RAN Moutinho Nunes Traore
Gomes Kilman Semedo
Sa
No Collins, B.Traore, Neves, Neto, and Costa likely still not fit enough to start. Truly nothing to lose. Not convinced Mosquera is ready to start either based on how he looked in preseason, and Gomes has never started in a four. Semedo I think would do a decent job in a back three. Traore/RAN providing the width. Hwang for all his critics is one of our only forwards with an eye for goal, and we’ll largely be playing on the counter which suits him more.

You’d obviously prefer a third midfielder in there against Chelsea, but that’s literally not possible, unless they decide to give Ronan a chance.

Reaction score
I know we don’t have a great deal of options but unless adama signs a new deal and shows some commitment to the team he doesn’t deserve to be anyway near the starting 11.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we don’t have a great deal of options but unless adama signs a new deal and shows some commitment to the team he doesn’t deserve to be anyway near the starting 11.
He put the ball on a plate for Costa last week, and I think he’s more dangerous when he’s hugging the sideline providing the width. You could start Jonny, but I don’t think that helps to solve our problems going forward. Doesn’t matter if he won’t sign a new contract, if we’re more likely to win when he’s in the side then ultimately that’s all that matters.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So the suspension/ injury list contains Collins, Neves, Boubacar, Neto, Hwang, Raul, Kalajdzic and Chiquinho from a squad of 20.

With the 12 we have left, there is only the RAN vs Jonny conundrum. Everyone else is an automatic starter.

Podence, Guedes, Adama behind Costa should at least be fun- I reckon they will muster at least three attempts with one on target. Moutinho and Nunes in a 2 man midfield with Gallagher given the freedom of the park running off them all day long, less so.

Reaction score
He put the ball on a plate for Costa last week, and I think he’s more dangerous when he’s hugging the sideline providing the width. You could start Jonny, but I don’t think that helps to solve our problems going forward. Doesn’t matter if he won’t sign a new contract, if we’re more likely to win when he’s in the side then ultimately that’s all that matters.

I don’t think he’s looked dangerous for us for a long time, judging by his cross success rate we’re due another 10/15 out of play or to the corner flag before he finds costas head again. Give me a young and hungry campbell at the moment.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to start tomorrow considering the situation we are in with injuries, illness and suspensions.

We are paying his wages and he should show some professionalism, whatever his contract situation is!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s looked dangerous for us for a long time, judging by his cross success rate we’re due another 10/15 out of play or to the corner flag before he finds costas head again. Give me a young and hungry campbell at the moment.
I’m expecting Davis to throw a surprise name in the mix tomorrow, Ronan and Campbell probably the best placed to possibly start. I’m not sure they’re good enough, or at least in Campbell’s case, he needs a Championship loan for regular first team football like MGW had.

Reaction score
I’m expecting Davis to throw a surprise name in the mix tomorrow, Ronan and Campbell probably the best placed to possibly start. I’m not sure they’re good enough, or at least in Campbell’s case, he needs a Championship loan for regular first team football like MGW had.

It must be one of the toughest jobs around to judge a young players potential and mentality and decide if they’d benefit more from being out on a lower league loan or being in and around a premier league squad.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have very few options up front and he provides the pace and physicality that we lack. Along with Costa up front it could provide us with the energy in the final third we need. We don’t have the squad depth to be too choosy right now.

Reaction score
We have very few options up front and he provides the pace and physicality that we lack. Along with Costa up front it could provide us with the energy in the final third we need. We don’t have the squad depth to be too choosy right now.
Hopefully for our sake it was a personal issue with Bruno that’s affected him recently and now he’s gone he can recapture some form and perhaps he sees a future here again. I agree we don’t have many options and even at 75% he’s one of our most threatening players, I just don’t think he’s got above 50% recently.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Personally I'd just love to see Davis and Collins pull off a win by playing several of the squad and under 21s that weren't rated by either Bruno or Nuno.
My pipe dream is they pull off a good win, we save money on another expensive coach with no Premier League experience, and Davis and Collins go down as Club legends.
If the team sheet is the same old, same old, I doubt I'll even bother to look for the score until the game is over and done.
Then again only by playing several of the, for Bruno and Nuno, fringe 'don't give them any minutes' players do we stand a chance of showing a good potential manager that we're a project worth joining.
After all if you were a top manager (already a millionaire) and saw the sort of uninspiring performance we're accustomed to seeing over the last 15 games, would you feel inclined to be associated with us?
If we perform as usual no top manager will join us.

geowolf

Reaction score
......................Sa
.......Jonny...Kilman.....Toti
Semedo....Moutinho....Nunes.....RAN
....Traore........Costa........Podence

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman as captain?

I was all for giving the captaincy to Neves but to be honest i'd give it to Kilman for the rest of the season.
Need a cool head thats not gonna be suspended after 8 games.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Mosquera
Kilman
Toti
RAN

Nunes
Moutinho

Adama
Hwang
Podence

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti RAN
Moutinho Nunes Ronan
Traore Guedes Podence

Subs

Sarkic Mosquera Jonny Bueno Hodge Campbell Costa Hwang +one!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would think that in a team picked by two guys merely standing in that they wouldn’t pick Moutinho away to a team like Chelsea. Literally the first name on the team sheet.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would think that in a team picked by two guys merely standing in that they wouldn’t pick Moutinho away to a team like Chelsea. Literally the first name on the team sheet.
I would like to see Ronan given 20-30 mins as a sub for Mouts. Think he’s been very unlucky in this 5 subs era not to get more game time. All Lage could come up with was one pre-season game he made some mistakes while admitting he’s been very good in training.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By scoring a goal today would be an improvement so let’s hope in Davis barmy army

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've always been on the Adama out train. But right now I'd be thinking of playing him.

Without a manager I'm thinking about playing as simple as possible. Get him on the same time Costa is on. If that's at the start or half time.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selection by committee. Might also explain why Moutinho starts most games. Hopefully will have a manager in soon.
Thats not what Davis said though is it
They asked the senior players for their take on the dressing room mood and training regime to see what was needed
Obviously these guys havent been around the first team set up much and getting on board with the players is a good starting point
He did say Sellars gave his input,but qualified that that with the selection is down to them,limited as it is this week

Back
Top Bottom