Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team V Burnley

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo S.Bueno Kilman Toti
Doyle Lemina Gomes
Bouby Chiwome H.Bueno

Let’s try something different. Kilman & Sarabia deserved to be dropped. A draw would be an improvement on our recent visits

Sarabia not passing to our young guns is criminal

Kilman needs to put his body on the line. Not a captain, needs dropping back to reality.

This is now the perfect time to experiment with the younger players

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Think the late withdrawal of probably our best two players yesterday in Semedo and João sats that Gary knows they're already being pushed very hard. Options are limited though obviously.

Sa
Santi Kilman Toti
Semedo João Doyle Bueno
Lemina
Sarabia RAN

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo S.Bueno Toti RAN
Doyle Lemina Gomes
Chiwome Fraser H.Bueno

Let’s try something different. Kilman & Sarabia deserved to be dropped. A draw would be an improvement on our recent visits

Kilman needs to put his body on the line. Not a captain, needs dropping back to reality.

I’d stick with the back 3.
But I do agree that playing H.Bueno as the forward and leaving RAN in his usual position is an option to consider.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d stick with the back 3.
But I do agree that playing H.Bueno as the forward and leaving RAN in his usual position is an option to consider.
Hugo used to play as a winger during his younger years. Maybe time to try it out. Can’t hurt. He is a lot better at attacking than defending

Another concerning note RAN energy levels seem off it due to Ramadan. Maybe rest him too. Should be fine for Tuesday as we play after 6pm he can eat and drink after that time.

As for Cunha put him on the bench and bring him on maybe. Really no point in rushing him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know if anyone is back from injury? If not, it will probably be a very similar side. If just make a couple of tweaks maybe.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Doyle Lemina Gomes Bueno
Sarabia Ait-Nouri
Sounds like Cunha will be on the bench and potentially available to start next weekend.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Traore will get a start just to give someone else a break.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Traore will get a start just to give someone else a break.
Agree ...he is the only one on the bench for me who I can make a claim to start.....did ok yesterday when he came on ..we are probably going to have to go the same again but bouba and give Gomes or Lemina a rest could be an option....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Bueno - Kilman - Toti
Semedo - Lemina - Gomes - Bueno
Sarabia - Doherty - RAN​
Just about to post 'I'd stick Doc up top' then saw your team! Doc's about the best attacking option we have right now and he can't get a start as a defender; nothing to lose tbh. RAN alongside him is an interesting proposition for interesting times. The only question I have on your team is Sarabia; he frustrates the hell out of me. I think there is a good player there but he's too inconsistent and passing is wayward.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just about to post 'I'd stick Doc up top' then saw your team! Doc's about the best attacking option we have right now and he can't get a start as a defender; nothing to lose tbh. RAN alongside him is an interesting proposition for interesting times. The only question I have on your team is Sarabia; he frustrates the hell out of me. I think there is a good player there but he's too inconsistent and passing is wayward.
Haha we may as well give it a go imo. He is a threat in the box. Sarabia frustrates me too, but he does deliver a good cross and the main benefit of sticking Doc up top would be his aerial ability.

Reactions: Ian

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha we may as well give it a go imo. He is a threat in the box. Sarabia frustrates me too, but he does deliver a good cross and the main benefit of sticking Doc up top would be his aerial ability.
He has to be a better option than the 3 young lads up top who are all not anywhere near ready for the Prem; a bit like Silva back in the day.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo S.Bueno Toti RAN
Doyle Lemina Gomes
Chiwome Fraser H.Bueno

I'm not sure that front three could do it in league one right now.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo S.Bueno Toti RAN
Doyle Lemina Gomes
Chiwome Fraser H.Bueno

I’m not sure now is the time to drop Sarabia when we have four forwards out.

Reaction score
Options are extremely limited for Burnley. Looks like Dawson and Bellegarde will still be missing whilst Cunha may only make the bench at best.

The injuries mean we are not only short up front but we lose our best central midfielder who is playing on the left. Mario needs to be in central midfield, alongside Gomes, for me and we need to bring in either Hugo or Doc and push one of them or RAN further forward on that left side.
Chiwome probably deserves another chance but we can't leave him as isolated as he was at times last night.

Santi Bueno worries me at the back but, without Dawson, we have no choice so we probably need to stick with the 3 CBs. We really need to keep the back door shut and hope that we can nick a goal from somewhere but a 0-0 would not be the worst result in the world for me if we can start to get some players back for West Ham and Forest

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
We massively miss what Lemina brings to the middle of the park. Playing him wide has been a very strange decision that has not worked. For this game he needs to get back into a central position for me. Burnley seem to be fighting lately and picked up a few results. Not going to be easy especially with our squad at present. I would also drop Kilman, would of dropped him a few games ago but we do not have the players too drop him. For me I would go with:

Sa
Semedo kilman Bueno Toti Nouri
Gomes Lemina Troare
Sarabia (anyone else we have left)

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
----------------------Sa--------------------
--------Bueno-----Kilman------Toti---------
-Semedo----------------------------Bueno-
------------Gomes------Lemina-----------
-Sarabia--------------------------Ait-Nouri-
----------------Cunha----------------------

Subs: Bentley, Doherty, Traore, Doyle, N. Lemina, Chirewa, Barnett, Fraser, Chiwome

If he can start the game I'd put Cunha and bring him off around the 60 mark if he isn't fully 100% up to speed... This is a big game in my opinion win this and we can get back on track and put a more positive spin on things with hopefully a return to some first teamers back from injury soon (excluding Neto Of course!).

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Options are extremely limited for Burnley. Looks like Dawson and Bellegarde will still be missing whilst Cunha may only make the bench at best.

The injuries mean we are not only short up front but we lose our best central midfielder who is playing on the left. Mario needs to be in central midfield, alongside Gomes, for me and we need to bring in either Hugo or Doc and push one of them or RAN further forward on that left side.
Chiwome probably deserves another chance but we can't leave him as isolated as he was at times last night.

Santi Bueno worries me at the back but, without Dawson, we have no choice so we probably need to stick with the 3 CBs. We really need to keep the back door shut and hope that we can nick a goal from somewhere but a 0-0 would not be the worst result in the world for me if we can start to get some players back for West Ham and Forest
More worried about Kilman than Santi.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't keep flogging the same players to death.. Play the U21s to annoy Forest and Everton.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman S Bueno Toti H Bueno
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia
Doherty Ait Nouri
This for me, it puts Lemina back in his correct position and Doherty is probably the best finisher that is available to us, his movement in the final third has always been decent as well; it is far from ideal but we are where we are.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd consider 4 at the back and front four of RAN, Sarabia, Chiwome and Chirewa. Lemina back in central midfield alongside Gomes. Back four of Semedo, Toti, Bueno and Bueno. I'd drop Kilman but it wont happen. Appreciate back four is a risk but feel we need to give Chiwome more support as the no9 and use him more. He has the ability I reckon and we dont have much else at present. I also feel Chirewa showed some good touches when he came and would start him at Burnley.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman S Bueno Toti H Bueno
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia
Doherty Ait Nouri
Either Doherty or Traore up front would do better than any of the kids right now. Doherty is a good finisher and knows how to find space. Traore is physical and awkward. He will not be bullied by big defenders.
Give the kids a break. They are far from ready as we have seen.

Last edited:

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Bueno
Kilman
Toti
Bueno

Lemina
Traore

Sarabia
Cunha
RAN

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
S Bueno, Kilman, Toti
Semedo, Traore, Doyle, Lemina, H Bueno
Sarabia, RAN

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know if anyone is back from injury? If not, it will probably be a very similar side. If just make a couple of tweaks maybe.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Doyle Lemina Gomes Bueno
Sarabia Ait-Nouri
I thought GON said in his presser that Cunha will be playing either Sat(Villa) or Burnley
So rightly or wrongly I’m assuming Cunha will be involved on Tuesday

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Toti Kilman Santi Bueno
Semedo Lemina Gomes H.Bueno
Doyle
Cunha Ait Nouri

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a shame TNT can't send a team there to broadcast the match.

A complete shambles by them to be honest but not surprised. They have never liked us and was the same when it was the dreadful BT Sports. I wish Amazon were showing these round of games. They would broadcast all of them.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Northampton, you seem to be very certain in some of the things you post re: the players? I think you're GON in disguise on here?
I've been called worse.

This was I was told he will be playing by Tuesday and if I was Gon I'd play cunha on bench it seems logical to suggest it.

Plus it's the more wannable game

Back
Top Bottom