Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Brighton

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why dropping Semedo after an absolutely blinding performance?
He’s got 5 days to recover.
Yes Doc is more useful in forward positions, but I’d be absolutely fuming to be dropped after a game like that.
Semedo lost the header which Varane scored. He needs to be punished it cost us the game. Drop him and hope he tracks his man next time he gets a chance.

For me Semedo, he’s just not up to the doc levels good squad player and one good performance doesn’t mean much when we paid 30m for someone sorry but for 30m I expect better he can’t score and his defending is hit and miss. More of an athlete than a footballer

Doc can defend and score. Much more valuable on the pitch for Wolves. Compare docs stats to semedos you will see what I’m talking about

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo lost the header which Varane scored. He needs to be punished it cost us the game. Drop him and hope he tracks his man next time he gets a chance.

For me Semedo, he’s just not up to the doc levels good squad player and one good performance doesn’t mean much when we paid 30m for someone sorry but for 30m I expect better he can’t score and his defending is hit and miss. More of an athlete than a footballer
Wtf? He was probably our best performer on Monday.. punish someone for making a mistake? Sound man management.

Doc will get turned inside out against Mitoma.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be tempted to start the same team for a bit of continuity. The system worked really well and our attack play looked fluid.

Again, as others have said, Fabio in for Sarabia wouldn’t be the end of the world.

From what I remember we got overrun in the middle of the pitch against Brighton last time out so the same team would ideally be my pick.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Surely by that logic Cunha and Neto need dropping as well for missing easy chances?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wtf? He was probably our best performer on Monday.. punish someone for making a mistake? Sound man management.

Doc will get turned inside out against Mitoma.
So did Semedo last season

Surely by that logic Cunha and Neto need dropping as well for missing easy chances?

Good idea give Hwang and Silva a chance to blossom. Sarabia wasn’t that good either throw in Sasa go 442 Sasa and Silva would cause more issues against brighton than runners like nunes and Cunha will who literally run into space with nobody to help them. Adama did the same and Neto is also doing this. We need players that can shoot at goal

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doc can defend and score. Much more valuable on the pitch for Wolves. Compare docs stats to semedos you will see what I’m talking about
Sorry , must disagree.
A) semedo was brilliant all game
B) Sa went chasing the ball beyond his near post ...if he d stayed in his goal, it was a simple catch for him

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conscious still getting back to fitness and Brighton’s midfield won’t be as accommodating as MUtd’s.

For me a couple of changes to freshen up as we have 48 hours less recovery time than Brighton.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Nunes Gomes Lemina Hwang
Cunha Silva

Not dropping Sarabia, RAN and Neto, rotating for fresh legs. Could see Doc and Traore involved for same reasons.

If all fully fit then would consider Silva for Sarabia as only change but imagine no change at all.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score

I can't tell if this is a wum post or if maybe you have had a knock to the head

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gross dahoud and march

WIth pedro at a 10 and mitoma out on the wing.

Ferguson or welbeck up front

I feel gomes lemina nunes is a better midfield than gross dahoud and march

Cunha has more abiltiy than pedro

mitoma.. if hes on his day and plays to standard could be viewed as better than neto

We lack the focal point of welbeck and ferugson its why i think silva should play instead of sarabia.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, he made 1 small error, in a very difficult situation. That ball from Fernandes had carved us open, full stop. Then you’ve got less than perfect positioning from Sa, Kilman, and he gets done in the air by a CB that’s got a run on him.
The whole rest of the game, he was absolutely magnificent. Soooo many interceptions, Garnacho didn’t get a sniff out of him. Not only did he keep winning it, but then he’d wriggle clear to bring the ball out and forward.
So yeah, Doc is great going forward, and can defend to an extent, but don’t pretend a young, lithe, tricky winger wouldn’t have given him absolute nightmares all game. Whereas that’s exactly Semedo’s biggest strength.
Remember him absolutely pocketing Zaha…until they wiser up to playing it over and behind him.
That’s when Semedo hasn’t a clue.

So yeah, maybe Doc makes the header to stop Varane scoring in that moment, but Garnacho would’ve turned him inside out all game.
Next up is Mitoma. More experienced, better movement than Garnacho, but I’d still much rather have Semedo on him than the Doc.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Yeah, he made 1 small error, in a very difficult situation. That ball from Fernandes had carved us open, full stop. Then you’ve got less than perfect positioning from Sa, Kilman, and he gets done in the air by a CB that’s got a run on him.
The whole rest of the game, he was absolutely magnificent. Soooo many interceptions, Garnacho didn’t get a sniff out of him.
So yeah, Doc is great going forward, and can defend to an extent, but don’t pretend a young, lithe, tricky winger wouldn’t have given him absolute nightmares all game. Whereas that’s exactly Semedo’s biggest strength.
Remember him absolutely pocketing Zaha…until they wiser up to playing it over and behind him.

So yeah, maybe Doc makes the header to stop Varane scoring in that moment, but Garnacho would’ve turned him inside out all game.
Next up is Mitoma. More experienced, better movement than Garnacho, but I’d still much rather have Semedo on him than the Doc.
Doc wouldn't have made the header either. Let's not kid ourselves that anyone was beating Varane in the air to that ball when he was running on to it

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think you're being harsh on the guy. He worked his rocks off on Monday and that's your reward, bin him !

Re Doc, I'm sure in time you'll get your wish, but expecting him to perform as he did first time around, I personally don't have that confidence.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole rest of the game, he was absolutely magnificent. Soooo many interceptions, Garnacho didn’t get a sniff out of him. Not only did he keep winning it, but then he’d wriggle clear to bring the ball out and forward.

This is fair. There's no need for anyone (not accusing you of this at all btw Jonah!) to slate either of them to promote the other, but Semedo had a cracking game on Monday and he's a bit better defensively, so he keeps his place.

I'd be tempted to keep the same side but will be interested to see what GO'N does. Silva for Sarabia as we're at home against a slightly weaker team in Brighton after Caicedo's left.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh come off it even if he was a little more in line Varane is still winning that header, if you want to blame anyone (no need really as every player makes the odd mistake a game!) then look at the other side of the defence.....

Semedo was class on Monday and quite clearly you have overlooked that as you have an agenda!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry , must disagree.
A) semedo was brilliant all game
B) Sa went chasing the ball beyond his near post ...if he d stayed in his goal, it was a simple catch for him
Sa needed to cover the possible shot from AWB at the near post but went way too far out which is what caused most of the issues in the end.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doc can defend? He’s no better defensively than Semedo, in fact Semedo speed means he’s better. It’s offensively doc is better, Semedo needs more goals and assists

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc can defend? He’s no better defensively than Semedo, in fact Semedo speed means he’s better. It’s offensively doc is better, Semedo needs more goals and assists
Speed means nothing when Doc can read the game… Just like Irwin did

Reaction score
I'm not a Semedo fan but why is everyone knocking him for the goal, that was down to RAN letting Wan Bissaka get the wrong side and put the ball the ball across.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he can’t, and please don’t compare doc to Irwin ! One one the European cup and is second most decorated player in the premier league, the other isn’t !!
Come on my example is you do not need pace to be a good player. You hate doc for the simple reason he’s a nuno player and puts in a shift over Semedo who offers nothing offensively? Wow

Sometimes when things don’t work you have to change them. We need goal scoring players and Doc is one of them. Semedo is not.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me although I like Sarabia (Not Serabia, as everyone seems to spell it) he takes up some nice positions. I feel we need a different game plan vs Brighton. I would swap him for Silva in the 4 4 2 variant and drop Cunhna to the more of a 10, let him drive from deep and link the play.

I would also possibly bring Hwang on for Neto due to the turn around and Hwang deserves a chance as was good against Rennes and again when he came on Monday.

My team:

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Nouri
Hwang Lemina Gomes Nunes
Cuhhna Silva

Last edited:

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on my example is you do not need pace to be a good player. You hate doc for the simple reason he’s a nuno player and puts in a shift over Semedo who offers nothing offensively? Wow

Sometimes when things don’t work you have to change them. We need goal scoring players and Doc is one of them. Semedo is not.
But it did work (mostly). They barely had a sniff, we had loads of chances should have done better with, and could have won the game.

Now, if/when we DO need something different, I don’t have a problem with Doc. Any team that doesn’t have a strong left hand side, or electric winger, then yeah put him in. I’d love to see Doc in a very attacking lineup against Blades and Luton at home, go for the kill.
Not against Brighton and Mitoma, and definitely not after Semedo has probably his best ever game in a Wolves shirt.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
After sticking up for Silva for 2 years, it's now gone to the other extreme and he's being overly hyped.
Great fun talent, but still needs to grow up a bit and learn to put himself in places where he is gonna get hurt. so far in his career he has generally looked better when he has come off the bench.
What the actual ****? Have you actually watched him play recently? He's always in and around the box, making runs...all of his touches against ManU were basically inside the box. He is much, much stronger (did you see him bully Erickson off the ball?) and his hold-up play is much improved.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Brighton will not be easy …last year it was 2-3 and then 6-0.

really need some goals and some points and some luck

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I hate doc??? Where on earth have you pulled that one from? Find one post from me where I slate doc!! I’ll give a grand to charity if you find one, I love the guy, and you missed my previous post where I actually said doc offers loads more going forward??

I think you’ve got me mixed up I’m afraid!!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the actual ****? Have you actually watched him play recently? He's always in and around the box, making runs...all of his touches against ManU were basically inside the box. He is much, much stronger (did you see him bully Erickson off the ball?) and his hold-up play is much improved.
And also, he might have hit them all at the keeper, but he’s constantly popping up in the right place, and gets it on target.
That’s a striker. That’s what we haven’t had for so long.
Can sometimes cope without a ‘target man’ to get out, particularly with all the ball carriers we have now, but that guy that’s always there and ready to have a pop, it’s invaluable.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the manager will be a lot more concerned about Brighton's wide players than he was about United's players (Antony does not instill fear...Mitoma is not someone you want isolated). On the other hand, Brighton have a lot less quality in the middle (especially after selling whatever stupid number it ended up being worth of midfielders this summer). I suspect the pressing patterns will be different because of that.

I also think Brighton look suspect in the middle when Wolves are attacking. Dahoud was pretty soft in the Bundesliga (skillful player, but a bit limited athletically imo), and Gross is really a defender (or Milner...or I guess we see whom gets the nod).

Think he might see Bueno as better defensively than RAN and make that switch for this one. I cannot see how he could put Semedo on the bench after that performance at United, so I think he keeps his place. In the middle of the attack, I might actually try Hwang with Cunha...I think that Brighton middle can be pressured into errors, especially with Molineux rocking. I don't think they want any piece of his physicality.

Sa
Bueno Kilman Dawson Semedo
Lemina Gomes
Neto Cunha Nunes
Hwang

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And also, he might have hit them all at the keeper, but he’s constantly popping up in the right place, and gets it on target.
That’s a striker. That’s what we haven’t had for so long.
Can sometimes cope without a ‘target man’ to get out, particularly with all the ball carriers we have now, but that guy that’s always there and ready to have a pop, it’s invaluable.
Big difference between a striker and a goalscorer though isn't there

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is much stronger i agree, and his hold up play has always been good. But i think he could improve challenging for things in the air, sliding in at the back post, throwing himself into the keeper, 50/50's when the defender is sliding in. You must see that?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The next couple of games should give us a good idea of where we are. I'm hoping we can carry on the style and effort from Monday but have a slight concern most of the prep/fitness etc was from the Lop days based on the Rennes friendly game. Guess we will see. And even if it was - you would like to think GoN saw enough in the performance to see we can play on the front foot and we should go with it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the manager will be a lot more concerned about Brighton's wide players than he was about United's players (Antony does not instill fear...Mitoma is not someone you want isolated). On the other hand, Brighton have a lot less quality in the middle (especially after selling whatever stupid number it ended up being worth of midfielders this summer). I suspect the pressing patterns will be different because of that.

I also think Brighton look suspect in the middle when Wolves are attacking. Dahoud was pretty soft in the Bundesliga (skillful player, but a bit limited athletically imo), and Gross is really a defender (or Milner...or I guess we see whom gets the nod).

Think he might see Bueno as better defensively than RAN and make that switch for this one. I cannot see how he could put Semedo on the bench after that performance at United, so I think he keeps his place. In the middle of the attack, I might actually try Hwang with Cunha...I think that Brighton middle can be pressured into errors, especially with Molineux rocking. I don't think they want any piece of his physicality.

Sa
Bueno Kilman Dawson Semedo
Lemina Gomes
Neto Cunha Nunes
Hwang
Milner will be at RB, need to use that to our advantage with our pacey runners

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Milner will be at RB, need to use that to our advantage with our pacey runners
If this is true then we need to overload his side all game. He’s a wiley old fox but will be on a booking by half time if we attack him properly.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is true then we need to overload his side all game. He’s a wiley old fox but will be on a booking by half time if we attack him properly.
Was at rb v luton i can only expect he will be there again, he struggled for liverpool against our pace previously

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at rb v luton i can only expect he will be there again, he struggled for liverpool against our pace previously
Even if he’s in the middle we can then give him the Casemeiro treatment.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON not having a presser today? or is it this tv embargo thing where no one can talk about wolves home pressers until its wrapped up and done

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton will not be easy …last year it was 2-3 and then 6-0.

really need some goals and some points and some luck
They looked good at our place but we had pretty much given up by that 6-0. Had Lopetegui announced to the players that he was off then?

Not seen much of him but Ferguson's record looks great for a young kid, any good?

Back
Top Bottom