Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Brighton

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The 11 picks itself if all are fit, the formation should obviously be fluid.

Should be a banger of a match as Brighton sure as **** ain't going to sit back.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva in for Sarabia, put Nunes and Neto on the correct wings, and train Cunha to make his runs towards the right hand post every damn time.
Though Neto and Nunes were excellent last night I would agree I usually prefer them the other way round.
However I imagine the reason they were like that was having Nunes as a wide midfielder on the left allows RAN to be the more attacking fullback. Overlapping, then Nunes tucking into the midfield. It did work well in all fairness.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
-------------------Sa---------------
-Semedo--Dawson---Kilman--Ait-Nouri-
------------Lemina----Gomes---------
-Nunes-----------Cunha---------Neto-
-------------------Silva----------------

Subs: Bentley, Toti, Bueno, Doherty, Hodge, Traore, Hwang, Sarabia, Kalajdzic

Think the team picks itself for me.... We saw against Man United Cunha best work is picking the ball deep and running with the ball and having a striker up top to link up with will get even more out of him!

We need to carry on what we did at Man Utd and really get at Brighton from the off, do that and really feel we can get the win!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think the team picks itself for me.... We saw against Man United Cunha best work is picking the ball deep and running with the ball and having a striker up top to link up with will get even more out of him!

We need to carry on what we did at Man Utd and really get at Brighton from the off, do that and really feel we can get the win!
Completely agree

Ran is a maverick but when he goes forward its unreal you just dont expect what he is going to do, loved it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Head says same team to start, maybe look to get Silva on a little earlier but those lads worked their arses off last night and with a less than five day gap compared to Brighton's seven days, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see Traore start in the midfield as well as another change or two

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That has to be the team. Hwang and Sasa on 2nd half

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Silva does not start alongside Cunha I will drive to Molineux and punch GON on the nose.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Brighton have some great players and Mitomo is the pick of the bunch with the way he played against us last time. He was unstoppable. Got to stop him somehow. Semedo owes him one.
Against Luton they were not great but still managed to win handsomely in the end. Thanks to a penalty and a couple of late goals.
But Luton did score and had their chances.
It will be a tough one but on paper they are not better than Man U.
Up the Wolves.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely agree

Ran is a maverick but when he goes forward its unreal you just dont expect what he is going to do, loved it.
I am afraid that I just worry about our left side when RAN goes forward as he leaves big holes that Kilman struggles to cover.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about:

Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, Bueno

Lemina Gomes

Nunes Cunha

Sasa Silva

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
 Bentley
Semedo Dawson Kilman RAN
Nunes Lemina Gomes Neto
Silva Cunha

Bench:- Sa, Doc, Toti, Beuno, Hodge, Hwang, Sasa, Sarabia, Traore
Bentley is not a PL starter. I know that Sa has a ricket in him but he's still way better than Bentley.

I strongly suspect that keeper, had JL stayed and got resources, would have been an area of change over the summer.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tempted by the same team after such a strong performance.

But like others, can't help but feel dropping Cunha into Sarabia's position and bringing in a centre forward would potentially make us even better.

It's difficult to quantify Sarabia's contribution to our buildup. In my eyes he does a lot off the ball and his positioning and ball-progression are very strong.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton have some great players and Mitomo is the pick of the bunch with the way he played against us last time. He was unstoppable. Got to stop him somehow. Semedo owes him one.
Against Luton they were not great but still managed to win handsomely in the end. Thanks to a penalty and a couple of late goals.
But Luton did score and had their chances.
It will be a tough one but on paper they are not better than Man U.
Up the Wolves.
I think they will be far more of a test than Manure who were simply terrible.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tempted by the same team after such a strong performance.

But like others, can't help but feel dropping Cunha into Sarabia's position and bringing in a centre forward would potentially make us even better.

It's difficult to quantify Sarabia's contribution to our buildup. In my eyes he does a lot off the ball and his positioning and ball-progression is very strong.
There is also the possibility it suits Cunha to have space to run into rather than having someone to play off.

Overall though I think having Sasa or Silva ahead of Cunha would be best, certainly for home games.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is also the possibility it suits Cunha to have space to run into rather than having someone to play off.

Overall though I think having Sasa or Silva ahead of Cunha would be best, certainly for home games.

Yeah, agreed.

I do think Sarabia will play more often than not though, especially as he has been made part of the leadership group of players.

So if we do see a striker come into the team, it could potentially be at the expense of Neto maybe?

Neto was excellent on Monday, but mainly in a counter-attacking capacity, carrying the ball from deep. It's what he's always done very well for us. In home games, Sarabia might be preferred initially, and Neto is a great option from the bench when games are stretched.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva for Sarabia would be my only change

Sa

Semedo - Dawson - Kilman - RAN

Neto - Lemina - Gomes - Nunes

Cunha

Fabio​

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thinking maybe we'll see Nunes on the right to provide more protection for Semedo? Great as Semedo was on Monday, I fear the way he defends so narrow and will let Mitoma get the ball and run at him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed.

I do think Sarabia will play more often than not though, especially as he has been made part of the leadership group of players.

So if we do see a striker come into the team, it could potentially be at the expense of Neto maybe?

Neto was excellent on Monday, but mainly in a counter-attacking capacity, carrying the ball from deep. It's what he's always done very well for us. In home games, Sarabia might be preferred initially, and Neto is a great option from the bench when games are stretched.
I think the team need one actual wide winger. Doesn’t have to be one on either side, can work perfectly well having a Nunes type as a narrower option for one side. But I think Neto will be important.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Cunha's performance at OT if GON can't see he's not a CF but a player who likes to get the ball deep and run. We've been crying out for a CF for 2.5 seasons and Silva is that man and for a MF, Nunes + now Cunha, to run through the middle. We've lacked this offensive option for years and now we have 2 players who's trademark it is.

T

TheConcourse

When I’ve seen Brighton, their weak point seems to be defending against the counter.

They obviously press very high, but if you can beat that then you’re away. Easier said than done. They’re very good at it, but I want to see us take risks and be brave on the ball.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman RAN
Gomes Lemina
Nunes Neto
Cunha Silva

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Ait-Nouri
Nunes Lemina Gomes
Cunha Neto
Silva​
Love that line up. Gives us variety in attack with the ability to drive through the centre with Neto / Cunha able to go wide and cut in. Silva up front can be our menace in and around the box. I really do think the new found options in our attacking play are a game changer for us and more possession in the opponents half will relieve some of the workload from the defence.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see Sarabia being played somewhere on the park regularly to be bought up to Premier League speed
I think he is pure class , and you need players like him over the course of a long and difficult season .

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After sticking up for Silva for 2 years, it's now gone to the other extreme and he's being overly hyped.
Great fun talent, but still needs to grow up a bit and learn to put himself in places where he is gonna get hurt. so far in his career he has generally looked better when he has come off the bench.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Doherty Dawson Kilman RAN
Lemina Gomes Nunes
Cunha Silva Neto

Attack attack attack attack attack
Why dropping Semedo after an absolutely blinding performance?
He’s got 5 days to recover.
Yes Doc is more useful in forward positions, but I’d be absolutely fuming to be dropped after a game like that.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple- same again but Silva in for Sarabia.
Sa
Ait-Nouri Kilman Dawson Semedo
Lemina Gomes
Neto Cunha Nunes
Silva

Hwang and Kaladjzic in after around 60 mins.....
Traore/Bueno/Doc/Sarabia/Hodge in after 80

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are you all wanting Silva to start ? Laughable.
Monday's starting outfield 10 played brilliant..the only change should be Sa being dropped ..he's a liability

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After sticking up for Silva for 2 years, it's now gone to the other extreme and he's being overly hyped.
Great fun talent, but still needs to grow up a bit and learn to put himself in places where he is gonna get hurt. so far in his career he has generally looked better when he has come off the bench.
He needs games now. He is 21 and deserves a good run in the team as he is actually the only real striker we have. Its make or break time and I have a good feeling that once he gets a couple of goals his confidence will soar. He and Cunha can form a good partmership.

geowolf

Reaction score
Same starting XI for me because they were magnificent in that first half - got an early control of the game and never let it slip. Created some good chances. Sarabia pivotal in that. One or two got tired quite early in the 2nd half so would be good to see Silva on earlier.

Back
Top Bottom