Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team of the decade

S

ShropshireLad

I think Doyle was just as good as Jiminez & Jarvis was better than Traore.
Well, it’s all about opinions but there are two consider. Personally, I’d prefer Fletch to Doyle despite his first superb season with us - just wish that he could have repeated it the following two seasons. I was gutted that Fletch left and he’s still scoring for Wednesday.

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Its obviously not about who's the best 11, its best season/seasons in their position.

Stearman had a great couple of seasons in league 1 and championship hence his inclusion. Would he get in our first 11 now? No. But he has been one of the best centre backs at their particular time

What cant people understand?

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
When people mention Doyle I cannot help but get involved.

Briliant first season. Second season OK. After that he just began to decline, and even hide in games. It has been correctly mentioned about him falling over, but if we all think back I am sure we can all remember his movement on the ball into attacking positions only to drag shots well wide, constantly. It could well be that Mick flogged him to death and his legs went. But there is no doubt in my mind that he began to hide - running into wide positions, even taking throw-ins, not risking being in the box, where he should have been. Why, because he knew if chances came his way that he would miss. Instead he would manipluate the situation and run the channels to make it look like he was putting a shift in.

He did later, albeit in a very honest interview, say that when we went down to League 1 that he could not motivate himself to play at that level. This despite that his dramatic loss of form was no small contributory factor and he was earning a very high wage to perform for Wolves at League 1 level.

In the end this guy was stealing a living.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Team of the Decade.

Patricio
Doherty Bennett Coady Boly Johnny
Neves Moutinho
Traore Jiminez Jota

In fact team of my lifetime and at 52 I've seen a few but none better than this team.

Were very lucky.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Doherty Boly Coady elokobi
Sako Moutinho Neves Jarvis
Jota Jiminez

Bench.
Costa
Fletcher
Ebanks Blake
Doyle
Craddock
Johnny
Mcdonald

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, I was thinking how decades used to have a strong identity and it seemed a big deal when we moved from one to another, but here we are at the end of 2019 and nobody even knows what this decade is called..

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks like this. I actually never gave it a thought about this year being the last in this decade until someone in the media mentioned it !

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When people mention Doyle I cannot help but get involved.

Briliant first season. Second season OK. After that he just began to decline, and even hide in games. It has been correctly mentioned about him falling over, but if we all think back I am sure we can all remember his movement on the ball into attacking positions only to drag shots well wide, constantly. It could well be that Mick flogged him to death and his legs went. But there is no doubt in my mind that he began to hide - running into wide positions, even taking throw-ins, not risking being in the box, where he should have been. Why, because he knew if chances came his way that he would miss. Instead he would manipluate the situation and run the channels to make it look like he was putting a shift in.

He did later, albeit in a very honest interview, say that when we went down to League 1 that he could not motivate himself to play at that level. This despite that his dramatic loss of form was no small contributory factor and he was earning a very high wage to perform for Wolves at League 1 level.

In the end this guy was stealing a living.

He was a great player when he joined and for the first season but he was run into the ground by awful tactics the whole time at this club

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team should be split from 2010-2016 and then from Fosun onwards. Otherwise TOTD would just be Fosun players + Ikeme.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Patricio
Dendoncker, Coady, Boly
Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Jonny
Traore, Raul, Jota

Pre-Fosun

Hennessey
Ricketts, Craddock, Berra, Doherty
Jarvis, McDonald, Milijas, Sako
Fletcher, Afobe

Genuinely struggled to think of a midfielder to play alongside McDonald. Henry was past his best by then, so probably a toss-up between Nenad and David Jones.

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Patricio
Dendoncker, Coady, Boly
Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Jonny
Traore, Raul, Jota

Pre-Fosun

Hennessey
Ricketts, Craddock, Berra, Doherty
Jarvis, McDonald, Milijas, Sako
Fletcher, Afobe

Genuinely struggled to think of a midfielder to play alongside McDonald. Henry was past his best by then, so probably a toss-up between Nenad and David Jones.

Always think you talk sense Tring but think xmas might've messed with your head.

Dendoncker after handful of games is in team of decade (for fosun) over Bennett who's had 50+?

W

Wolves in Bucharest

Changing the conversation slightly. Which player from the Mick and post-Mick era would Nuno have made most impact on with his coaching. I’d like to see what he would have done with Andy Keogh.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think some folks are being very fair and considering the fact that we’ve not had the same owners or played in this league for the last 10 years.

I think that stand out players from all of the respective 10 years should be considered, not just the fact that of course we currently have the best team, that’s pretty damned obvious from where we stand.

I still don’t get all the Stearman negativity either.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Changing the conversation slightly. Which player from the Mick and post-Mick era would Nuno have made most impact on with his coaching. I’d like to see what he would have done with Andy Keogh.
Sold him on pronto probably.

I mean Nuno’s a miracle worker, but he isn’t Jesus!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its obviously not about who's the best 11, its best season/seasons in their position.

Stearman had a great couple of seasons in league 1 and championship hence his inclusion. Would he get in our first 11 now? No. But he has been one of the best centre backs at their particular time

What cant people understand?
When it came to having to make last ditch sliding tackles because he was out of position, booting the ball out of play, looking hugely uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and kicking goal posts Stears was undoubtedly the best.
Possibly the most over rated Wolves player of the last 20 years.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When it came to having to make last ditch sliding tackles because he was out of position, booting the ball out of play, looking hugely uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and kicking goal posts Stears was undoubtedly the best.
Possibly the most over rated Wolves player of the last 20 years.
Still going to remember that goal at Anfield for another 20 years mind.

Back
Top Bottom