Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team of the decade

Neves wolf

Reaction score
On sky they gave done team of the decade and Matt Murray did ours. He chose

Ikeme, Doherty, Stearman, Coady, Boly, Douglas, Henry, Moutinho, Neves, Jota, Jimenez.

I don’t think I would have Henry or stearman in it. Think I would swap stearman for batth and Henry for Ebanks-Blake

what do you think

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On sky they gave done team of the decade and Matt Murray did ours. He chose

Ikeme, Doherty, Stearman, Coady, Boly, Douglas, Henry, Moutinho, Neves, Jota, Jimenez.

I don’t think I would have Henry or stearman in it. Think I would swap stearman for batth and Henry for Ebanks-Blake

what do you think

Current team easily, not one of the Mick era would make our first 11.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stearman, Henry and Douglas? Is he mad?
Our current first X1 is the best we have known, and Jarvis, Kightly and Ebanks-Blake would make the bench.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I know Murray loves Kemes as do we all, but he's just trying to select across the decade. It's the easiest job ever, the only player from the early part of the decade who I'd pick is Doc! Maybe Jarvis or Fletcher if we played in a way to suit them, but he seems to have gone 352.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think you could realistically argue for anything other than the current first 11.

It might be more of a challenge to put together a team using one player from every year (the remaining player being a wildcard from anywhere in the decade).

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Karl or James, not that it makes much difference, no wonder Matt became a pundit, instead of going into management

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If 343, and players at their peak..
How's about Jarvis, fletcher and zubar???

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be more interesting if you had to pick one player from each of the last 10 years, plus one from any year to make up the 11.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, I was thinking how decades used to have a strong identity and it seemed a big deal when we moved from one to another, but here we are at the end of 2019 and nobody even knows what this decade is called..

D

Deleted member 4436

This is really really really easy.

Rui
Doc Donk Coady Boly Jonny
Neves Moutinho
Traore Jimenez Jota

The likes of Ebanks-Blake, Jarvis, Kightly, Fletcher, Stearman and Henry wouldn’t start in this 11 IMO.

Edit: Frankowski > Jimenez

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’d have Sako in there, he was brilliant for the 3 years he was here. Not saying he would get in there current team but he made a big contribution!

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be more interesting if you had to pick one player from each of the last 10 years, plus one from any year to make up the 11.

Nice idea, but then I would think that...

It might be more of a challenge to put together a team using one player from every year (the remaining player being a wildcard from anywhere in the decade).

Great minds, and all that. ;)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stearman, Henry and Douglas? Is he mad?
Our current first X1 is the best we have known, and Jarvis, Kightly and Ebanks-Blake would make the bench.
Poor old Nuno and to think he thought he was getting an upgrade on Douglas with Jonny.:rolleyes:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d have Sako in there, he was brilliant for the 3 years he was here. Not saying he would get in there current team but he made a big contribution!
Imagine being a defender/goalkeeper and having him plus Traore charging downfield towards you on the break!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier. Would be a more interesting topic choosing a team of the decade with no signings after 2017 in.

mine would be

Hahnemann

Doherty - Craddock - Coady - Ward

Jarvis - Frimpong - O’Hara :eek: - Sako

Doyle Afobe

Debating putting Saiss in over O’Hara, but he was good pre injury.

Last edited:
M

Mr Wolf

I think Doyle was just as good as Jiminez & Jarvis was better than Traore.

S

ShropshireLad

I sometimes wonder, given the shouts to "push up" and "get at him" around me at times that some really would prefer a Mick side to a Nuno side.

For me it’s a no-brainer - it’s the current eleven.

Can anyone in their right mind think that anyone in the last decade would figure in a Top 6 and Euro 32 round side? I mean, I loved Dangerous Dave, Afobe, Matt, Sako, Fletch and Co but give me a break!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder, given the shouts to "push up" and "get at him" around me at times that some really would prefer a Mick side to a Nuno side.

For me it’s a no-brainer - it’s the current eleven.

Can anyone in their right mind think that anyone in the last decade would figure in a Top 6 and Euro 32 round side? I mean, I loved Dangerous Dave, Afobe, Matt, Sako, Fletch and Co but give me a break!
I’d like to have seen Nuno work with Doyle and Sako, maybe Jarvis too.

I think Doyle before Mick ruined him could have got in this side.

S

ShropshireLad

I’d like to have seen Nuno work with Doyle and Sako, maybe Jarvis too.

I think Doyle before Mick ruined him could have got in this side.
Doyler kept falling over after his first season which annoyed me.
Sako was a wild card.
Jarvis (I loved him to bits) may well have benefitted but I wouldn’t take him over Jota tbh because he was less direct than Jota is.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyler kept falling over after his first season which annoyed me.
Sako was a wild card.
Jarvis (I loved him to bits) may well have benefitted but I wouldn’t take him over Jota tbh because he was less direct than Jota is.
Totally agree with that about Doyle falling over, had sort of forgotten it to be honest. I think him and Jarvis were both intelligent players (/people), and would have soaked up Nuno’s tutelage like a sponge. I could see Doyle, Jota and Raul rotating quite well together. Doyle was definitely better in the air than Jota is. I can picture him getting on the end of some of Traore’s more wild crosses.

Jarvis on the wide right of the three would have been a nice alternative to Traore. His finishing and crosses would have offered different options if Traore wasn’t working.

As for Sako, would have been interesting to see what Nuno could have done for him. I’d see a very like for like comparison with Traore there.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fletcher probably the closest call during the McCarthy era.

Other than that, nobody else is close.

Reactions: Ian
S

ShropshireLad

Totally agree with that about Doyle falling over, had sort of forgotten it to be honest. I think him and Jarvis were both intelligent players (/people), and would have soaked up Nuno’s tutelage like a sponge. I could see Doyle, Jota and Raul rotating quite well together. Doyle was definitely better in the air than Jota is. I can picture him getting on the end of some of Traore’s more wild crosses.

Jarvis on the wide right of the three would have been a nice alternative to Traore. His finishing and crosses would have offered different options if Traore wasn’t working.

As for Sako, would have been interesting to see what Nuno could have done for him. I’d see a very like for like comparison with Traore there.
Interesting views, N/W. I only saw Jarvis as a left winger and I was distraught at him leaving but he left with dignity and professionalism. Going to West Ham was a set of nails in his coffin. As for Sako, he was a player who could only perform to his best by inspiration of the moment so I don’t reckon that Nuno would have had any patience with him. Doyler, perhaps, I’ll not disagree. He was wonderful in his first season but I preferred Fletcher despite his black dog issue.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting views, N/W. I only saw Jarvis as a left winger and I was distraught at him leaving but he left with dignity and professionalism. Going to West Ham was a set of nails in his coffin. As for Sako, he was a player who could only perform to his best by inspiration of the moment so I don’t reckon that Nuno would have had any patience with him. Doyler, perhaps, I’ll not disagree. He was wonderful in his first season but I preferred Fletcher despite his black dog issue.
Heard it said that Jarvis never really enjoyed being a footballer. I wonder how much that played a part in his decline. Did he ever really want to come back? Maybe Nuno could have inspired him, or at least the medical team make sure he was fitter. I look back at some of
his goals and do think he could have played a more central role in a three.

Re: Sako, was he really any worse than Traore last season?

S

ShropshireLad

Heard it said that Jarvis never really enjoyed being a footballer. I wonder how much that played a part in his decline. Did he ever really want to come back? Maybe Nuno could have inspired him, or at least the medical team make sure he was fitter. I look back at some of
his goals and do think he could have played a more central role in a three.

Re: Sako, was he really any worse than Traore last season?
He would have been better a couple of seasons before but I don’t think he was up to scratch last season from what I can gather. Traore did stick to the game plan, it seems, otherwise I’m sure that Nuno would have axed him.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Current side with Douglas in for his set pieces.

Back
Top Bottom