Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for West Ham

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was unsure about him or Buur
If its a shootout between Vinagre and Buur I'd go Vinny myself. Going with one wingback on the bench is an option due to Traore but you'd want to have 2 for the left and 2 for the right, Buur gives us only Jonny for the left

I'm glad you rate Buur though as I know you've watched him a lot at U23 level and I've not seen him at his best yet, Vinagre has to be ahead of him though surely?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If its a shootout between Vinagre and Buur I'd go Vinny myself. Going with one wingback on the bench is an option due to Traore but you'd want to have 2 for the left and 2 for the right, Buur gives us only Jonny for the left

I'm glad you rate Buur though as I know you've watched him a lot at U23 level and I've not seen him at his best yet, Vinagre has to be ahead of him though surely?
Vinagre all day long for me.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to stop giving away HT leads to the opposition meaning we always seem to be having to fight back 2nd half which has meant that we've dropped 26 points with 13 draws, far too many. Lets attack early on instead of sitting back watching the opposition take the lead.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be crazy to drop saiss, he’s been one of our most consistent performers since replacing the injured boly. Not sure how I rate donks either personally. It depends what position he is playing, I prefer him in a back 3 but he’s one of the players i would look to upgrade In the near future
I think Dendoncker will be one of the best in the team. Our record with him in the lineup has been very good. And it's not a coincidence.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You probably weren't around when Peter Broadbent played for us! Or Billy Wright (I know different position but you said best player ever) or Denis Wilshaw or a few others I could name.
You're right, I was not. I guess I should have said that I've ever seen play for Wolves, which would be about 16-17 years.

And that includes a bunch of breaks because getting championship or league one football on this side of the pond before a couple years ago was impossible. League One is still that way.

North Bank

Reaction score
I would start 3-5-2
Mainly for the fitness aspect of it. Dendonker has enough of an engine to compensate for the break and imagine the fear of bringing Traore on for the last 20-30 mins. He’d run rings round a tired West Ham side before they even know what’s happened.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t started one of these for a while (and the first one with the luxury of 9 subs).
I guess the big question is whether it’s 3-4-3 with Adama or 3-5-2 with Dendoncker. Personally, I’d go for the former (although I have a feeling Podence may get a look-in).

What would everyone else go with?

Patricio
Boly, Coady, Saiss
Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Jonny
Traore, Raul, Jota

Ruddy, Kilman, Dendoncker, Vinagre, MGW, Podence, Neto, Campana, Buur​
I agree with this best starting lineup especially as Adama looks really sharp in training. If you've watched the sessions of late Adama has been banging the ball in the net. This is what we need a good start @ West Spam. Then make use of the five subs ;)

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. 3-5-2 at the start, then Traore on to score the winner(s) late on.
Hugh Southon ( evening standard ) reckons Rice, Soucek and Fornals as a 3 for Wham in midfield, with Noble and possibly Wilshere coming on second half ( my thinking ). Their defence is poor and slow, but in attack Wham have got decent options.

0-0 at half-time, then smash and grab late on in the second half. 2-0 Wolves.
If WHU play 3 in midfield as suggested then I really think we have to match them initially with Dendoncker bolstering our midfield and freeing up Neves and Moutinho.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with this best starting lineup especially as Adama looks really sharp in training. If you've watched the sessions of late Adama has been banging the ball in the net. This is what we need a good start @ West Spam. Then make use of the five subs ;)

Yep, Adama looked like he's gained more skills and even more speed in the training videos. I think he will run rings around the West Ham defence from the first to the last minute.

Just hope his shoulder is sorted now.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should always start with Adama imo. Defenders tired or not struggle to deal with him. I understand the notion of bringing him on against a tired defence but 9/10 we’re losing when he’s called upon which doesn’t suite his game

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On reflection from 3 up top favoured libe up from yesterday I do think it's important not to let them win the midfield battle especially in the 1st 45 and keep it tight.

Min 0-60
Rui
Doc Boly Coady Saiss Johnny
Neves Moutinho Donk
Jiminez Jota

61 to 90
Rui
Neves Moutinho
Traore Jiminez Jota

Neto comes on at some stage for a tiring Jota. If ahead MGW probably comes on for last few to give an extra body in midfield.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not been suggested but another option would be to play Neto just behind Raul and Jota. Neto has looked very good playing this role on a couple of occasions.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should always start with Adama imo. Defenders tired or not struggle to deal with him. I understand the notion of bringing him on against a tired defence but 9/10 we’re losing when he’s called upon which doesn’t suite his game

Also needs to be remembered that we would still have Neto and Podence to bring on against tiring defences.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Campana gets a run out or two, if he does well that could be our forward positions sorted and we can concentrate on strengthening other areas without having to spend a fortune on a new striker.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On reflection from 3 up top favoured libe up from yesterday I do think it's important not to let them win the midfield battle especially in the 1st 45 and keep it tight.

Min 0-60
Rui
Neves Moutinho Donk
Jiminez Jota

61 to 90
Rui
Neves Moutinho
Traore Jiminez Jota

Neto comes on at some stage for a tiring Jota. If ahead MGW probably comes on for last few to give an extra body in midfield.
You make the assumption that we are a better defensive unit with 3 in midfield. I’m not sure that is actually always true.
343 for me, Traore starting ahead of donk .

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Min 0-60
Rui
Neves Moutinho Donk
Jiminez Jota

61 to 90
Rui
Neves Moutinho
Traore Jiminez Jota

Good thinking Nige

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever plays; Adama, Neto, Jota, they need to make direct runs into the box. Looking at the defences in the games so far, anyone with pace is going to pick up fouls from rusty defenders. With our pace up front I can see West Ham giving away a pen and a red card.

D

Deleted member 4184

Intensity wont be the same from both teams imo

Think it will be a bit of a snoozefest. Hope I'm wrong

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Campana gets a run out or two, if he does well that could be our forward positions sorted and we can concentrate on strengthening other areas without having to spend a fortune on a new striker.

It would be great if Campana looks the business. Could save us huge amounts of money. Just hope he isnt another Mir!

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Empty stadium not issue at West Ham, as on TV always looks empty, when cameras focused on the pitch...even with a crowd of 64000 at London Stadium, it still has the worst, atmosphere of any EPL stadium as of Aug 19...20th ...they say Wolves 6th best...as said last year study....but actually joint 2nd and had 2nd most votes at 71K...Sheff U had 638 and they also joint 2nd...Geordies vited for themselves for top spot!

WHU -20 Rating – 2.5/5 (based on 4,977 voters)

Last edited:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lawro reckons that the absence of West Ham's terrible fans will help them to a 1-0 victory.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll have Donckstroyer on in the 2nd half to protect the 2-0 lead(from midfield, never over Saiss at the back) and let Adama rip from the off In the 3-4-3. That ball from Coady to Adama will be on.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama on the bench,hopefully he'll be on at around 60/65 to tear them a new one!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be crazy to drop saiss, he’s been one of our most consistent performers since replacing the injured boly. Not sure how I rate donks either personally. It depends what position he is playing, I prefer him in a back 3 but he’s one of the players i would look to upgrade In the near future
Well I was half right. I kind of thought Dendoncker would be in. Did not expect Traore to be the victim. Though I guess going with a slightly more defensive system makes sense as we haven't played in some time.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strong team and good bench attacking-wise if we’re struggling. Big chance here with other results going as they have. Come on boys.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Min 0-60
Rui
Neves Moutinho Donk
Jiminez Jota

61 to 90
Rui
Neves Moutinho
Traore Jiminez Jota

Ammmmmmmm I Nuno in disguise. :D seriously what a master class from the magic man in management.

Back
Top Bottom