Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for West Ham

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Haven’t started one of these for a while (and the first one with the luxury of 9 subs).

I guess the big question is whether it’s 3-4-3 with Adama or 3-5-2 with Dendoncker. Personally, I’d go for the former (although I have a feeling Podence may get a look-in).

What would everyone else go with?

Patricio
Boly, Coady, Saiss
Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Jonny
Traore, Raul, Jota

Ruddy, Kilman, Dendoncker, Vinagre, MGW, Podence, Neto, Campana, Buur

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away from home in this kind of game I'd be amazed if its not the 343 as you say above, Traore also getting the winner there last year plus its counter attacking nature will suit us as WHU attack us without the usual crowd on their back, we will need to be lethal on the break so Dendonker on the bench for me

The other minor debate is the bench, I'd also like to see Campana on there too, but it's perhaps a toss up between him and Jordao for a spot (assuming Burr will get a place) as at the very least we have 2 CM's on the bench with Dendonker & MGW, so back up for Raul makes more sense to me

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW has always been a wsate of space for me, what has he actually achieved with the first team? Get rid and nothing to do with his show of disrespect by partying.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is a cautious guy. He'll see this as a reset and I imagine first foundation is a clean sheet above anything else so I think he'll go 3-5-2 with the usual team that picks itself for that formation. Traore from the bench late on perhaps. Whilst id like us to have a go and go 3 up top a draw wouldnt be a bad result first game back. One thing the first few games have shown is that the players are nowhere near match fitness

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t started one of these for a while (and the first one with the luxury of 9 subs).

I guess the big question is whether it’s 3-4-3 with Adama or 3-5-2 with Dendoncker. Personally, I’d go for the former (although I have a feeling Podence may get a look-in).

Patricio
Boly, Coady, Saiss
Traore, Raul, Jota

That's my team.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is probably my favourite player and up there for POTY but the idea of him coming off the bench against a very tired defence is appealing.

I wouldn't be against 3-5-2, making it scrappy for 60-70 mins and then bringing on Traore and maybe Podence as well. Traore at that time I think would actually change the whole game as it would have the West Ham team ****ting themselves.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we have already seen managers who have big enough squads to have choices are tending to pick their fittest players(eg Jesus rather than Aguero ).

Nuno must know we need at least seven points this week (ideally nine) so he has to go for it from the start but can be overcome his natural caution.?

M

merseawolf

Nuno is a cautious guy. He'll see this as a reset and I imagine first foundation is a clean sheet above anything else so I think he'll go 3-5-2 with the usual team that picks itself for that formation. Traore from the bench late on perhaps. Whilst id like us to have a go and go 3 up top a draw wouldnt be a bad result first game back. One thing the first few games have shown is that the players are nowhere near match fitness
I am hoping Nuno really goes for wins in this 9 match shootout. Turn some of our many draws into wins.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW has always been a wsate of space for me, what has he actually achieved with the first team? Get rid and nothing to do with his show of disrespect by partying.
Who would you put on the bench instead?

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don't tend to start very well so I would start 352 with the obvious line-up to keep things tight and go 343 sometime in the second half with Traore coming on. It's going to be interesting if and how Nuno uses the 5 subs and I would really like to see Neto get a good run out, giving Jota or Jimenez a rest if needed. Can you imagine Jota, Traore and Neto running at them for the final 20 minutes :yum:

Amsel

Groupie
Reaction score
We don't tend to start very well so I would start 352 with the obvious line-up to keep things tight and go 343 sometime in the second half with Traore coming on. It's going to be interesting if and how Nuno uses the 5 subs and I would really like to see Neto get a good run out, giving Jota or Jimenez a rest if needed. Can you imagine Jota, Traore and Neto running at them for the final 20 minutes :yum:
My thoughts exactly. 3-5-2 at the start, then Traore on to score the winner(s) late on.
Hugh Southon ( evening standard ) reckons Rice, Soucek and Fornals as a 3 for Wham in midfield, with Noble and possibly Wilshere coming on second half ( my thinking ). Their defence is poor and slow, but in attack Wham have got decent options.

0-0 at half-time, then smash and grab late on in the second half. 2-0 Wolves.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying I would pick this, but Meritan Shabani has been tipped for an appearance before the end of the season...
He needs game time I agree but Gibbs White at this time being is still a better option to have off the bench.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With players going down like ninepins we need all ours making a contribution.

He showed me enough last season to believe there is a very good Prem player there in the making.Key is to play more regularly like Sancho .Foden and Hudson Odoi and the Liverpool lad?-don't play enough either and the others from the World cup winning team have largely disappeared.

Nuno is a very good coach so content to leave it to him -some fans always like to pick on a player -many a career has stalled or ended because of this.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Patricio
Boly, Coady, Saiss
Traore, Raul, Jota

The only thing I would change is the bench. Replace Buur with me and you've got the line up.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with Trings starting line up but would have Jordao on the bench.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would tend to agree with that. Although every now and then, Nuno does some totally unexpected - and it usually works, too. I doubt it for this, after such a long lay off, though. Half expecting one of those first 25 minutes where nothing happens at all, it will be all about organisation and containment.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. 3-5-2 at the start, then Traore on to score the winner(s) late on.
Hugh Southon ( evening standard ) reckons Rice, Soucek and Fornals as a 3 for Wham in midfield, with Noble and possibly Wilshere coming on second half ( my thinking ). Their defence is poor and slow, but in attack Wham have got decent options.

0-0 at half-time, then smash and grab late on in the second half. 2-0 Wolves.
I really hope that this is accurate...

Last edited:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we all know the starting 11, it's the subs where the surprise may come. The only change on Trings lineup for me would be Jordao instead of Buur. I just dont think we need two wingbacks on the bench. Traore can drop back there if needed, which strengthens us going forward

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dreamt we went 0-3 down in the first half. Sadly I woke up so don't know if we made a Leicester-like come back.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dreamt we went 0-3 down in the first half. Sadly I woke up so don't know if we made a Leicester-like come back.
Rule 1
Never go to bed on a full stomach. (Did you wake up before or after you went to the toilet)o_O

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
3-4-3

Patricio

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Doherty
Neves
Dendoncker
Jonny

Jota
Raul
Traore

Subs:
Ruddy, Vinagre, Moutinho, Neto, Podence

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine it's your lineup. The only change you may see is Dendoncker for Saiss. I think Dendoncker is a huge part of our future.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we will see Christian Marques on the bench for the rest of the season. Seems highly rated and for a 17yr old quite mature. Anyone who has seen him play pass an opinion for those of us that haven’t?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would start with Dendoncker because he likes to get stuck in more, then I would bring Moutinho on later when they are tired and more vulnerable.

As another poster has said respect your opinion but Moutinho starts all day for me.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's also the best player to ever wear a Wolves shirt. Not starting him is asinine.

You probably weren't around when Peter Broadbent played for us! Or Billy Wright (I know different position but you said best player ever) or Denis Wilshaw or a few others I could name.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine it's your lineup. The only change you may see is Dendoncker for Saiss. I think Dendoncker is a huge part of our future.
Would be crazy to drop saiss, he’s been one of our most consistent performers since replacing the injured boly. Not sure how I rate donks either personally. It depends what position he is playing, I prefer him in a back 3 but he’s one of the players i would look to upgrade In the near future

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we will see Christian Marques on the bench for the rest of the season. Seems highly rated and for a 17yr old quite mature. Anyone who has seen him play pass an opinion for those of us that haven’t?

Not sure he will get on the bench immediately but could be an option if we get any knocks. From the brief bits I have seen of him he is very good on the ball and the club are trying to mould him into a Coady style centre back. Also a natural leader. He was wanted by Bayern Munich before we signed him last year.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure he will get on the bench immediately but could be an option if we get any knocks. From the brief bits I have seen of him he is very good on the ball and the club are trying to mould him into a Coady style centre back. Also a natural leader. He was wanted by Bayern Munich before we signed him last year.

Thanks.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's fair to assume that Marques, Otasowie, Sondergaard and the one of Jordao/Campana/Burr to miss out on the bench are all there and promoted to the first team squad ready to step in as soon as we have an injury or suspension, so you can safely assume they will all be needed before this seasons done and likely to get premier league debuts

Maybe Perry & Shabani too if he can prove his fitness and we need more to be back up when those established players are out. Possible one or two of the returned loanees maybe be brought into the fold, Matheson I'd say is likely, maybe Ronan too if they are eligible to play but we'd probably need to have a bit of a crisis for that to happen

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Doc Neves Moutinho Donk Jonny
Raul Jota

Ruddy, Buur, Kilman, Jordao, MGW, Neto, Podence, Traore, Campana

As Nuno would say, we need to be organised and compact early on, settle into it, then bring Traore/Neto on later in the game to stretch the game if we need to.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Doc Neves Moutinho Donk Jonny
Raul Jota

Ruddy, Buur, Kilman, Jordao, MGW, Neto, Podence, Traore, Campana

As Nuno would say, we need to be organised and compact early on, settle into it, then bring Traore/Neto on later in the game to stretch the game if we need to.
No Vinagre Jade?

Back
Top Bottom